PDA

View Full Version : Troy 16" upper

kaltblitz
11-11-12, 21:25
Is anyone running one of these? I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these to stick on my Colt 6920 to carry at work.

Is there a general consensus, positive or negative, on these?

djmorris
11-12-12, 07:20
They're quality uppers but for $1,000 you can buy the complete Troy Carbine which is nearly the same thing.

I was told by Troy that they use Noveske barrels in their uppers, however they do their own melonite barrels for the complete carbine.

But yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

jaxman7
11-12-12, 10:53
DJM,

Funny, I just emailed Troy about barrel/bcg materials, testing, and sources and under ITAR the rep couldn't say.

-Jax

ROG Tactical
11-12-12, 11:41
I have a couple of last year's 16" Troy uppers with the previous version Alpha rails. They have barrels that are clearly marked, "LWRC". The short barreled uppers with stainless barrels were Noveske. I have no clue if these are still what are in the current Troys.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jaxman7
11-12-12, 12:04
Thanks for the info Mike K.

-Jax

djmorris
11-12-12, 12:04
DJM,

Funny, I just emailed Troy about barrel/bcg materials, testing, and sources and under ITAR the rep couldn't say.

-Jax

This was over the phone, perhaps a month ago. I believe it was Stephen Troy I spoke with, also. Then again he pronounced it "Steffan" so that kinda boggled me.. just passing along what I was told!