PDA

View Full Version : Surefire M952V question

k9barco
11-12-12, 09:02
I picked up a weapon light and the output for the visible LED seems really dim. It has the tail switch with the intermittant off/on.
Do these have low and high settings? The batteries I used are fresh and fully charged.

I checked the surefire website and can't find any further info on why the light is so dim. I have not checked the IR yet with my PVS-14 so I am unsure about that function. I did buy it mainly for the IR , but would still like to use the white light if necessary.

How is surefire's customer service? I am not the original owner , so I don't know if they would charge me a service fee.

Any help would be appreciated.

memberonly
11-22-12, 13:57
There is only 1 output setting for either white and IR light. Make sure the selector ring is locked in place.

The white light is only slightly dimmer than a 200 lumens light. Try a different tail cap. Z59 or any 6p series cap will work.

Most cell phone cameras can pick up some IR. Granted it's not as good as a PVS-14, but one can use it for a quick check.

In case the unit is defective, Surefire's CS is top notch. I have used them several occasions over the years and always called them first.

Hope this help.

HighSpeedDreams
11-22-12, 14:12
Sent my M952V into Surefire for some battery connector issues. They had it back to me, fixed without question, in less than a week. They paid the return shipping. I was impressed.

If you believe your light is firing at less than 180lumens on the LED setting, don't mess with it. Just call SF and get a RMA#. They'll fixed it lickety split.

k9barco
11-22-12, 14:17
Thanks for replies.
I did email surefire but have not heard back from them yet.
I will give them another week , then request a return number.
The white light output is definately weak.