PDA

View Full Version : Sig P226 or M&P

HardLuck682
11-14-12, 20:33
Kind of a dumb question, possibly, but i carry a M&P9c daily. i was thinking of getting a full size 9mm pistol. with my 9c I've added night sights, and a APEX DCAEK and AEK trigger, i plan on doing the same with a FS M&P if i go that way.

The P226 i want comes with night sights, and has a nice crisp trigger pul on SA. i can overcome the DA/SA trigger, i carried a Beretta 92 in the army.

Cost (after modifications of the M&P) will be extremely comparable.
Thoughts??

Sam
11-14-12, 20:41
Stick with the same system as your current M&P Compact, the full size is a no brainer. Sig is known for lack of customer support and hard to find spare parts. The DA trigger on the Sigs are horrendous.

FlyingHunter
11-14-12, 20:50
Same platform, stick w the M&P. Outfit them with the same mods.

Bulldog7972
11-14-12, 21:17
Hard to beat a 226. I'd go in that direction.

streck
11-14-12, 21:28
I, too, recommend that you stay within an existing system but disagree with the criticism of most Sigs. Parts seem pretty damned easy to get whenever I need to order them.
Some initial QA may be suffering but a brief search of S&W QA issues returns similar issues....

S. Galbraith
11-14-12, 21:28
If you want to be as good with your pistol as possible, stick with one shooting platform.

citizensoldier16
11-14-12, 22:08
Funny....you sound like me a year ago. I also carry an M&P9c and wanted a full size. I ended up buying a full size M&P and have no regrets.

ilike9s
11-14-12, 22:09
I really like Sig's, you just can't go wrong with them. But I believe in redundancy so if they use the same mags go with the M&P.

Sikiguya
11-14-12, 22:11
Vote for the P226. Accuracy is legendary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beschatten
11-14-12, 22:51
If you already have an M&P9c I would stick with the M&P platform.

Having both (and many other platforms), it's a bit of a transition between different platforms and does take additional training to get used to it. If you're up for training with two different platforms more power to you bro.

My impression of the 226 is; it's awesome. The DA is actually easier for me to be accurate with than the SA. Pop a snapcap in their and just dry fire when you can to help with the DA/SA transition. The reset kind of sucks (I dont have the SRT kit). I havent had any issues with mine either. However it is just a range toy for me. For CCW and home defense I use a different platform.

Just my 2 cents.

Magic_Salad0892
11-15-12, 01:02
Smith M&P.

Nephrology
11-15-12, 05:03
No brainer. M&P9fs

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 05:32
Kind of a dumb question, possibly, but i carry a M&P9c daily. i was thinking of getting a full size 9mm pistol. with my 9c I've added night sights, and a APEX DCAEK and AEK trigger, i plan on doing the same with a FS M&P if i go that way.

The P226 i want comes with night sights, and has a nice crisp trigger pul on SA. i can overcome the DA/SA trigger, i carried a Beretta 92 in the army.

Thoughts??

Forget the obsolete DA SA Sig and go with the M&P. I own a 226 and its a fun gun for nostalgic reasons but for serious work your better off with a single trigger striker fired gun.
Pat

zibby43
11-15-12, 07:59
Both M&P pistols I've owned had to go back to S&W for work/repairs (M&P 9, M&P 9 Shield). I got rid of both of them.

Every Sig I have owned has been 100% out of the box (P226/P229). I never had any problem with the DA trigger pull. All you have to do is practice and if you have any trigger competency whatsoever, it will not be an issue. However, I ultimately got rid of both the Sigs, too. I had the realization that I'm a Glock guy and I'm just going to stick with Glocks.

I'm just one person though. YMMV.

KalashniKEV
11-15-12, 09:49
Both M&P pistols I've owned had to go back to S&W for work/repairs (M&P 9, M&P 9 Shield). I got rid of both of them.

Every Sig I have owned has been 100% out of the box (P226/P229). I never had any problem with the DA trigger pull. All you have to do is practice and if you have any trigger competency whatsoever, it will not be an issue. However, I ultimately got rid of both the Sigs, too. I had the realization that I'm a Glock guy and I'm just going to stick with Glocks.

Make it two persons... I had the exact same experience- my 9c was problematic and I traded it off after I got it back from S&W. Not interested in another M&P until they address the trigger.

All of my SIGs have been problem free (knock on wood).

All that being said though, stick to one platform. For me, M&P is not it. If you like it then run with it.

I like Glock and SIG, with both being 100% reliable and the accuracy advantage going to SIG.

chuckman
11-15-12, 09:53
I also vote for the M&P for consistency of "platform," but to me the 226 is a much better shooting gun, and, too me, more accurate. Nothing wrong with SIGs triggers that shooting it often won't cure.

GRANTFTW
11-15-12, 09:55
M&P9 is always a good choice.

S-1
11-15-12, 10:19
Stick with the same system as your current M&P Compact, the full size is a no brainer. Sig is known for lack of customer support and hard to find spare parts. The DA trigger on the Sigs are horrendous.

I get stick with the same weapon system. But lack of spare parts, crappy CS and horrendous trigger? Don't think so.

OP, if you're going to carry the compact M&P, then get the FS. If you really want a P226, then I would get rid of the M&PC and buy a P239 for carry.

PrivateCitizen
11-15-12, 10:26
I had P226s and concealed carry P228s circa '93 W. German models.

Even then the DA was not good even after 1000s of rounds.

Given SIG USA shake-up, poor QC, etc they are really a crap-shoot at this point. And I don't miss them.

Nostalgia doesn't win a fight, proficiency might …

That you already have a MP9c as a carry I'd stick with that in full size.

I had MP9/9c (just finally went Glock-only) and it is a good system, especially with Apex trigger. You have the added advantage or interchangeable mags (well, sort of), manual of arms, etc.

M&P

Big Bronze Rim
11-15-12, 11:32
I have both and would definitely recommend the M&Pfs. The commonality with your compact is reason enough.

Code3Patriot
11-15-12, 12:03
Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy. Go with the M&P

I carried a SIG P226 for ten years as a cop before being medically retired. The SIG is a great handgun, however, it is an outdated design, and heavy compared to the M&P. Another big thing to me is parts availability, the M&P is easier to work on and replace parts than the SIG.

In my opinion you'll be better off with the M&P.

GUNSLINGER733
11-15-12, 12:06
M&P FS. When you get use to the trigger its not bad. Parts are cheap and mine is fairly accurate as long as I compensate. Did some 50yd shot this weekend I was proud of off hand.:D

Striker
11-15-12, 13:46
No perfect pistol out there. Choose the one that best fits you and your needs. People point out the benefits of each pistol, but I think being able to live with a pistol's detriments without being completely frustrated is just as important. And I don't mean that quite the way it sounds, but for instance, with a Sig are you willing to shoot it until the trigger breaks in or willing to change the mainspring or put an SRT kit into it if necessary to make it work for you. Or with the M&P, are you willing to spend the money to put a fitted barrel into it if you get one that shoots 8" plus groups at or beyond 15 yards? More importantly are you willing to jump on a waiting list for that barrel and be patient enough to keep the gun while you're waiting.

You were issued a DA/SA gun, so you know what to expect and you own an M&Pc, so you know what to expect there as well. Another thing to consider is can you use the holsters you already have with the M&P? Which gun is easier to get parts for? Who has better aftermarket support?

To me, these are all things worth considering when purchasing a pistol.

And shooting one platform versus several is a choice. Here's a short article Hilton Yam wrote that quickly covers both sides. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=981

DBZ220
11-15-12, 14:03
I own both. My M&P 9s being recent production, have been 100% so far. Which I can't say about any of the older versions I've had.
My P226s, both new and old have also been 100%. There is near zero issue finding parts for the P226, regardless of new slide or old slide styles.
Both guns use roll/spiral pins, so both require some hammering to detail strip.
Since you're already using a compact M&P, I'd say stick with the operating system and go with the fullsize. But...there's nothing wrong with the P226 either! I switch between the two with no issues, but that works better for some folks than others...

nova3930
11-15-12, 14:31
I carry a M&P9C and my next purchase is a full size. It's darn convenient being able to slap a full size mag into the compact if the need arises...

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 16:03

Sig DA pulls are pure craptackular I agree and their CS has gone to shit and its well documented on this forum despite what some fan boys are saying.
Pat

chuckman
11-15-12, 17:26
Not sure what connotes a "fan boy," the the 226 (as are most SIGs, especially of a given generation) is a great gun. Given the OP's question, it makes sense for him to consolidate gun type with the M&P; it, too, is a good gun and the consistency of staying with the M&P will be of great benefit. Not to mention, it is usually cheaper, parts are cheaper and more prevalent, CS is better.

As for the DA/SA, DAO, or any type of gun with any type of trigger, at worst it improves with shooting and practice, at best, it improves with a trigger job. People who complain about the trigger often do not shoot the DA and use the crappy trigger as an excuse because they just don't shoot it well.

I was in the same boat as the OP, sold off or traded all of my SIGs, H&Ks, 1911s, and M&Ps, and went all-Glock for the consistency and to consolidate to 9mm. Glocks are not what I shoot the best; in fact, they are a nice third behind 1911s and SIGs, but I understand the value, durability, simplicity, blahbity blah, about Glocks.

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 17:48
Not sure what connotes a "fan boy," the the 226 (as are most SIGs, especially of a given generation) is a great gun. Given the OP's question, it makes sense for him to consolidate gun type with the M&P; it, too, is a good gun and the consistency of staying with the M&P will be of great benefit. Not to mention, it is usually cheaper, parts are cheaper and more prevalent, CS is better.

As for the DA/SA, DAO, or any type of gun with any type of trigger, at worst it improves with shooting and practice, at best, it improves with a trigger job. People who complain about the trigger often do not shoot the DA and use the crappy trigger as an excuse because they just don't shoot it well.

I was in the same boat as the OP, sold off or traded all of my SIGs, H&Ks, 1911s, and M&Ps, and went all-Glock for the consistency and to consolidate to 9mm. Glocks are not what I shoot the best; in fact, they are a nice third behind 1911s and SIGs, but I understand the value, durability, simplicity, blahbity blah, about Glocks.

A trigger should be an aid to good shooting not a handicap. The DA SA trigger system is a solution to a nonexistant problem. As for being a fan boy that simply means defending a company against the indefensable. Sig's quality has gone to crap in the last few years and most of us aknowledge that. Also some people on here defend the DA SA designs by saying with enough practice you can shoot them well. Thats true and I can shoot them well enough however the same amount of time in a single action trigger or a Glock sytle trigger will yeild even better results.
Pat

chuckman
11-15-12, 18:09
A trigger should be an aid to good shooting not a handicap. The DA SA trigger system is a solution to a nonexistant problem. As for being a fan boy that simply means defending a company against the indefensable. Sig's quality has gone to crap in the last few years and most of us aknowledge that. Also some people on here defend the DA SA designs by saying with enough practice you can shoot them well. Thats true and I can shoot them well enough however the same amount of time in a single action trigger or a Glock sytle trigger will yeild even better results.
Pat

I don't disagree with you. I don't think the DA/SA (or striker, or SA, or DAO) is inherently bad, or better, than any other, and certainly not a handicap to someone who puts in the legwork. It is what it is. Get what you (not "you" you, but the general "you") want, practice and train, and become proficient. Personally, I shot it very well, better than Glock, but I had more training, but I am getting better and better with Glock so now my shooting is better than it would be with a DA/SA.

Regarding SIG's CS and recent history, no argument from me. It is a shame that such a fine company has had such a downfall; it, too, is what it is, and should I ever get another SIG (doubtful as I have gone all-Glock), I would get German-built guns as they were better products, and would not buy a new Exeter-built gun.

A long time ago I had a similar conversation with an aquaintance, then with a Tier 1 unit now just a civvy like many of us, who when asked what gun to get replied "get whatever you can shoot and can train on".

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 18:14
I don't disagree with you. I don't think the DA/SA (or striker, or SA, or DAO) is inherently bad, or better, than any other, and certainly not a handicap to someone who puts in the legwork. It is what it is. Get what you (not "you" you, but the general "you") want, practice and train, and become proficient. Personally, I shot it very well, better than Glock, but I had more training, but I am getting better and better with Glock so now my shooting is better than it would be with a DA/SA.

Regarding SIG's CS and recent history, no argument from me. It is a shame that such a fine company has had such a downfall; it, too, is what it is, and should I ever get another SIG (doubtful as I have gone all-Glock), I would get German-built guns as they were better products, and would not buy a new Exeter-built gun.

A long time ago I had a similar conversation with an aquaintance, then with a Tier 1 unit now just a civvy like many of us, who when asked what gun to get replied "get whatever you can shoot and can train on".

I agree on the Sig I have a German 226 and love it. I loved all my past sigs made before the company took the turn it did. In its prime Sig was in my opinion the best maker of DA auto pistols. I have owned several 229's a couple of 226's a 220 and a few 239's. The shooter is the bigest part of the equation.
Pat

Sikiguya
11-15-12, 19:54
Op said something you might have missed..the Sig I want. Is he really undergunned with the P226 than than M&P? He used a Beretta 92 in the armed service..he probably have more training than some of the posters here.

Outdated design? The M&P and Glocks are designed in the 80's. Ph, the late 70's design of the Sig must be just antiquated. Gosh, what about those 1911's?

While I understand consolidating calibers, I don't get having just one gun. I am like a kid in a candy store. I like Skittle, Snickers, Glock, Twix, Sig, Starburst, H&K, etc. I don't have issues shooting different pistols just like most people don't have trouble driving their spouse's car. No panic attack for me.

OP, variety is the spice of life. Live on!

TheJRK
11-15-12, 20:11
Yet another pistol thread that devolves into a "which trigger is better" argument...

proxpilot
11-15-12, 20:37

Say what? SIG has probably the best customer service of any manufacturer i have ever owned. they fixed and shipped my 89' model 226 free all new springs, and put new night sights for $40. and Topgunsupply.com has a bazzilllion spare parts :confused: they get an A+ from me

brushy bill
11-15-12, 21:05
What was wrong with the Shield? I'm not finding much negative about them except some potential for firing out of battery...not sure if this is a real or perceived issue

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 21:22
Op said something you might have missed..the Sig I want. Is he really undergunned with the P226 than than M&P? He used a Beretta 92 in the armed service..he probably have more training than some of the posters here.
Outdated design? The M&P and Glocks are designed in the 80's. Ph, the late 70's design of the Sig must be just antiquated. Gosh, what about those 1911's?

While I understand consolidating calibers, I don't get having just one gun. I am like a kid in a candy store. I like Skittle, Snickers, Glock, Twix, Sig, Starburst, H&K, etc. I don't have issues shooting different pistols just like most people don't have trouble driving their spouse's car. No panic attack for me.

He may or may not however I am less than impressed with the handgun skills I have seen from soldiers when they attend our three gun matches. I don't blame them as most get very little time on the M9 or any handgun in the service. It is usually the weapon system they need the most work with.
pat

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 21:25
Say what? SIG has probably the best customer service of any manufacturer i have ever owned. they fixed and shipped my 89' model 226 free all new springs, and put new night sights for $40. and Topgunsupply.com has a bazzilllion spare parts :confused: they get an A+ from me

That is laughable. My last experience with Sig's customer service had them misquoting the shipping rates after I gave them my shipping information. Ended up costing me another $50. When I questioned the lady about it she said she quoted me before she knew I was in Alaska. To which I replied to her with my original email showing my physical address. She never replied after that and I was still stuck with the increased shipping bill.
Pat

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 21:27

The DA SA design was from the Walther PP in the 30's. That is what I was speaking about with antiquated design.
Pat

S-1
11-15-12, 21:47
Another thread where Alaskapopo's VAST experience trumps all others.

Shocked. :rolleyes:

Alaskapopo
11-15-12, 22:16
Another thread where Alaskapopo's VAST experience trumps all others.

Shocked. :rolleyes:

And yet another childish attack from the Sig fanboy. Besides others on here including SME's have said basically the same thing I have. Now why don't you try and act like an adult and counter the argument put foward with facts vs little personal attacks. But I expect no less from you.
Pat

Turnkey11
11-16-12, 23:05
If I were you I would get the full-size M&P, outfitted with the same mods you did to a your compact model. I own and carry a Sig 228 and 226; only because my issued gun is a 228. In an ideal world the only handgun I would need is a Glock 19.

ccosby
11-16-12, 23:19
If I were you I would get the full-size M&P, outfitted with the same mods you did to a your compact model. I own and carry a Sig 228 and 226; only because my issued gun is a 228. In an ideal world the only handgun I would need is a Glock 19.

Yea if you are happy with the compact m&p the full sized seems like one of the best options.

I guess I'm in the few that like the sa/da trigger system. I've had good luck with my p220 as well although I never had the accuracy issues on my early m&p 9mm either. My sample size of personal guns between them is a massive 2 though so I can't really speak to issues others have had. I'd say OP that both are good choices but with the m&p you have more parts that will work between them and you already are pretty much use to its shooting style.

Bulldog7972
11-18-12, 08:30
Sig DA pulls are pure craptackular I agree and their CS has gone to shit and its well documented on this forum despite what some fan boys are saying.
Pat

I disagree. I sent my 228 and 229 in for some minor work. Sights, new springs etc. They could not have been nicer. Patient and answered any question I had. Sorry to hear about your problem. You must have spoke to one of the "10 percent".

A62Rambler
11-18-12, 11:27
What did you decide? I think the M&P would be my first choice but I am curious what you decided!

HardLuck682
11-18-12, 14:45
im thinking the M&P for now since its already what im shooting/carrying, but the 226 is still a great design, but "outdated" as some would call it:no:. Also a 1911 can also be considered an outdated design, but there are sill hundreds of thousands of shooters running them like no other.

filthy phil
11-18-12, 14:48
sig, glock, and (some day) hk is all i will buy in a pistol.
just put a 226 9mm w. german in layaway i'm getting for $400 + tax:D

S. Galbraith
11-18-12, 15:49
im thinking the M&P for now since its already what im shooting/carrying, but the 226 is still a great design, but "outdated" as some would call it:no:. Also a 1911 can also be considered an outdated design, but there are sill hundreds of thousands of shooters running them like no other.

As you stated, the designs are not "outdated", but as manufacturing technology changes so too does practicality. 1911s are effective pistols, so too are Colt Peace Makers. Stronger, more corrosion resistant alloys are being invented at a rapid rate. So too are advancements in polymers, precision computer laser and milling tech,.....etc. Guns today are more durable, reliable, accurate, ergonomic, and resistant to elements than they were only 20 years ago. Often, the properties of newer materials will not interchange with older guns who's spec were designed around older materials. This is why many companies will discontinue an old pistol series and go with a new one.

I've been using Sigs since the early 1990s in Federal service. They are well made, effective pistols. However, when I get to use other agency guns on occasion like HK P30s.....I would gladly trade up to the HK.

GJM
11-18-12, 18:52
Curious what agencies are using P30 HK pistols -- aware of lots of their cousin, the P2000, but not the P30?

S. Galbraith
11-18-12, 19:16
Curious what agencies are using P30 HK pistols -- aware of lots of their cousin, the P2000, but not the P30?

CBP authorizes both P2000s and P30s. The agency only purchases P2000s though, so officers have to buy their own P30s.

GJM
11-18-12, 20:49
Thank you for that clarification. Do the personally purchased P30's have to be in .40 as well?

kmrtnsn
11-18-12, 20:58
CBP authorizes both P2000s and P30s. The agency only purchases P2000s though, so officers have to buy their own P30s.

Waiting to see if the P30 makes our authorized list soon. If you have any info on a direct purchase program for it, shoot me a PM.

Gary1911A1
11-19-12, 10:21
sig, glock, and (some day) hk is all i will buy in a pistol.
just put a 226 9mm w. german in layaway i'm getting for $400 + tax:D

Sounds like a good deal to me.

WickedWillis
11-19-12, 10:57
The Sig 9226 is a far superior weapon to the M&P. I personally am not a fan of the M&P trigger. The sig is 100% safe to carry with the hammer down, one in the chamber ready to go, the DA isnt fantastic but it gets the job done. After the first round however, the P226 is scary fast and accurate. DO yourself a favor and shoot them both to see what fits you best, because like you know there isnt one handgun everyone shoots well.

m4brian
11-19-12, 19:44
The Sig 9226 is a far superior weapon to the M&P.... The sig is 100% safe to carry with the hammer down, one in the chamber ready to go, the DA isnt fantastic but it gets the job done. After the first round however, the P226 is scary fast and accurate. ...

The MP is 100% safe to carry AND can be had with manual safety if you like.

"After the first round..." - which is the MOST important round in any engagement.

Scary fast? Most folks naturally do better at speed with the low bore axis of a gun like the MP.

With $40-80 in the trigger, the MP gets much better, and the newer MPs seem to be pretty good to start. As good as a decent SIG? Not in the conventional sense, but just as shootable. And the MP weighs less.

Learning to shoot DA/SA is a challenge - period.

nc_556
11-19-12, 20:17

Thoughts??

Ok, so, I own and regularly shoot both of these pistols. Here's my personal take.

They are both fantastic combat or self defense weapons. I can shoot either one proficiently. I can consistently shoot 3-4" groups at 10 yds drawing from holster in concealment and under time pressure with my M&P. However, with my Sig I can shoot 1.5-2" groups under the same conditions. Without a doubt the Sig is more accurate, and the DA/SA isn't that hard to get used to. That being said, I would recommend the M&P for EDC. The accuracy is more than sufficient and it weighs 10oz less than the Sig. You might still want to own a P226 because it is a very fine handgun, but the M&P is better suited as a concealed carry weapon.

You won't go wrong with either one so it's more of a preference and practicality issue. Both are reliable. My Sig is an Exeter made P226R born May 2012 and has been flawless. My M&P is a 9 FS test fired June 2012 and has also been perfect. I've put about 4500 rounds through each over the last 5 months. All the errornet stories of inaccuracy for the M&P and QC issues on the Sigs seem largely blown out of proportion and don't appear to be endemic to recent manufacture units.

KalashniKEV
11-20-12, 09:29
Scary fast? Most folks naturally do better at speed with the low bore axis of a gun like the MP.

I've had both and can say Fast/Slow, Inexperienced/Experienced shooter, bullseye/run-n-gun, Day/Night, Hot/Cold... under any conditions a P226 will outshoot an M&P9.

They are both good pistols though.

Alaskapopo
11-20-12, 12:23
I've had both and can say Fast/Slow, Inexperienced/Experienced shooter, bullseye/run-n-gun, Day/Night, Hot/Cold... under any conditions a P226 will outshoot an M&P9.

They are both good pistols though.

Maybe you shoot the P226 better but most don't. I have a friend who loves sigs but competes in IDPA ith a M&P becauses its faster to shoot with a better trigger.
Pat

Striker
11-20-12, 13:42
Maybe you shoot the P226 better but most don't. I have a friend who loves sigs but competes in IDPA ith a M&P becauses its faster to shoot with a better trigger.
Pat

I'll go with different trigger, but better trigger, how so?

Alaskapopo
11-20-12, 13:50
I'll go with different trigger, but better trigger, how so?

Well for starters it does not start out as 10 to 12 pounds and then go to 5 or 6. You get one consistent trigger. Second he has done work to his trigger so it breaks around 3 pounds with little pre-travel and a quick reset. Its a very easy gun to shoot well. The Sig can be tweaked too but its nicer to have one consistent trigger pull. The M&P also has a low bore axis which helps when your going fast. The Sig would probably win for slow fire accuracy but thats about it. I see a lot more M&P's and Glocks winning than I do Sig, Beretta or HK shooters.
Pat

30 cal slut
11-20-12, 14:00

Thoughts??

Apart from the SA/DA issue with the Sig, there is something to be said for keeping with the same platform for consistency, so my gut would be to go with the full size M&P 9.

If you go the Sig P226 route, please try to scrounge up a German made gun.

Following is a convo I had with Kyle Defoor earlier in the year about US made Sigs manufactured under the current regime:

Slut: Would you purchase a current production US-made Sig P226?

KD: No...A few ex SEALs are joining the company to hopefully iron out the quality issues for the Navy guns.

Good luck with your purchase.

Magic_Salad0892
11-20-12, 14:29
To be honest, one of my favorite pistols I've ever shot was a FNX-9, it's about as long as a G19, you can carry it cocked and locked. It's kind of like a Glock for SIG guys (and vice versa).

Nobody ever seems to mention it.

I think if you're looking at a SIG, a FNX pistol is also worth looking at.

And FWIW, I think it actually recoils less than an M&P, or a SIG. It sits in the hand very well, and Andrew (87GN) said it came back on target for him faster than his G19.

Plus. I know a lot of guys like cocked and locked. I was gonna get an FNX 9 at one time, but could never justify it.

m4brian
11-20-12, 18:03
To be honest, one of my favorite pistols I've ever shot was a FNX-9, it's about as long as a G19, you can carry it cocked and locked. It's kind of like a Glock for SIG guys (and vice versa).

Nobody ever seems to mention it.

I think if you're looking at a SIG, a FNX pistol is also worth looking at.

You know - I handled one the other day, and it felt VERY good and the trigger was nice. But I hear nothing on it. What sights and accessories though?