PDA

View Full Version : I have a mut rifle whet can I do to upgrade

urmaker45
11-15-12, 07:40
I have a ds arms upper and dpms lower with magpul furniture , redi mag, aim point pro , I know this is a bottom in rifle but what can I do internally to make this a more reliable rifle and improve accuracy at the moment it is not a chrome line barrel and from what I hear you get more accuracy I'm not running it full auto. I have looked at buying a colt 6721 but I have to sell this one

NeoNeanderthal
11-15-12, 07:53
If you can sell your rifle and buy a colt..... DO IT.

At the very least sell your upper and buy a bcm upper. If you really are being stubborn and wont even do that then search for the "OH NO i Bought a RRA/DPMS/Bushmaster" thread. It's all about improving shitty AR's.

Your better off selling it.

urmaker45
11-15-12, 07:57
I really want a bcm from what I hear on this site but I cannot find one in stock . I can sell it right now for 850 to a guy I know without the aimpoint and can get the colt a6721 for 960 at a local gunshop. The gunshop is also selling psa base rifle and core 15 base rifle for 840.

wahoo95
11-15-12, 08:03
I really want a bcm from what I hear on this site but I cannot find one in stock . I can sell it right now for 850 to a guy I know without the aimpoint and can get the colt a6721 for 960 at a local gunshop. The gunshop is also selling psa base rifle and core 15 base rifle for 840.

Then sell it and buy the Colt.

On the BCM option.....have you looked????

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw.htm

urmaker45
11-15-12, 08:16
Sorry I ment the bcm complete rifle I don't really have anybody that would want to buy just my upper I saw bcm had uppers only I have never tried selling it online .

wahoo95
11-15-12, 08:20
If you have a buyer then sell it and buy the Colt. The other option is to sell the upper and replace with a BCM. Your upper will sell.....you bought it didn't you ;)

Troy9749
11-15-12, 08:33

$850 is more than I would expect to get out of that gun. Sell it before he changes his mind. Get the Colt.

urmaker45
11-15-12, 08:35
I was thinking about going all out and buying a predatar but the wait time is like 16-20 weeks and idk if it would be any better then colt . What would I be getting better with going with colt is it gonna be more accurate ? I'm sure maybe more reliable

Sry0fcr
11-15-12, 08:38
$850? Sell it now!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

urmaker45
11-15-12, 08:40
Yeah 850 that's with full magpul furniture and redi mag

Troy9749
11-15-12, 08:49
Sell it for 850, buy the Colt and put the same stuff on in for what, $300? So you're 1250 into the Colt. Spend $400 on a new high end barrel for the gun you have now. Which is the better gun for your $400 out of pocket?

urmaker45
11-15-12, 09:08
What do you guys think about a 16 inch or 18 inch larue predatar is it worth the money? And wait?

wahoo95
11-15-12, 09:13
What are you looking to do with the rifle? If you spend most if your time sitting at the bench shooting for groups then get something like the Larue which is more target/precision oriented. Ultimately what's the role you want the rifle to fill and how much money so you want to spend in the rifle, ammo, and most importantly training?

polymorpheous
11-15-12, 09:15
Enough hand holding fellas.
This guy is clearly out of his element.

OP, what are your intentions with this rifle?
Has it failed you?

Do you understand that a Colt 6721 and a LaRue OBR or PredatAR are completely different animals that serve completely different purposes?

Mission drives the gear.
Figure out what you want the rifle for and make your decision accordingly.

urmaker45
11-15-12, 09:20
I'm a deputy of 8 years and on a srt team this will be a home defense and patrol rifle I don't need hand holding I want a very well made gun that is gonna be very accurate. The gun I have has never failed me but I just want a better made gun I don't understand why the larue is a prairie gun just cause it doesn't have a chrome line barrel from what I understand is that chrome line increases reliability at a cost of accuracy unless you shoot sub sonic ammonia which I will not. Which gun would I be getting most for the money instead if just a name

polymorpheous
11-15-12, 09:22
Home defense, get the Colt.
You will never be able to shoot as well as their chrome lined barrels.

The LaRue is not a defensive rig.

ASH556
11-15-12, 09:41
You've been fed a line of BS about chrome lining on barrels. The Cheap Shit AR manufacturers (like Rock River) started all that BS to justify their cost-cutting measures and why they don't chrome line their barrels. FN uses chrome-lined barrels on their precision bolt guns.

Your stated use is HD and Patrol Rifle. You're using a 2MOA red dot sight. Are you shooting match ammo? Even lightweight chrome-lined AR barrels will hold 1.5MOA over 10-shot groups. I've done it and posted pics on here. So did another member (Trident1982). I've also shot sub-moa with a heavy profile chrome-lined barrel.

Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM. Sell your rifle for $850 and buy one of these three. The Larue is a niche gun. Skip it for the price and wait for your intended purposes.

NeoNeanderthal
11-15-12, 10:40
Stay away from the core 15. If this is a hd gun then there is no discussion. As others have said... sell yours for 850 and buy a bcm or colt for 900-1000 dollars. Hell of an upgrade.