PDA

View Full Version : New guy from New Orleans

bryanbag
11-15-12, 09:35
As the tile says, I the new guy from New Orleans, I'm Bryan.

I'm hopfully that I will be ordering my first AR/M4 style rifle today, Just wait on a call back from my FFL dealer making sure it is ok to use him to do the transfer of the rifle to me.
I will be going with the Build Your Own Rifle from Daniel Defence, The rifle specs will be. (seting up for 3 gun matches)
1. DDM4 Complete Lower W/ Geissle SSA Trigger
2. A4 Upper Receiver Assembly
3. Barrel will be the 18'' S2W profile , 1.7 Twist, LPG
4. Muzzlw Climb Mitigator, 5.56 NATO
5. Chrome Bolt Carrier
6. Modular Float Rail 12.0
7. Fixed Front/ Rear Sight Combo.

I want to get into 3 Gun matches and also general range plinking. Talking with DD and other Competition shooter, I think I have choosen a very good starter rifle.
I am just getting into competition shooting, Mostly doing the GSSF match. I really want to get into steel plate matches and 3 gun.

I am also a reloader, As of right now I am reloading 380, 9mm,
10mm and 45ACp.
Right now I am doing some research on loading 5.56/223. Just trying to learn as much about loading rifle and get everything set up to load.

I have already learned alot about loading rifle, Just through the stickies and search button. The info is endless.
Looking forward to learning alot more and helping out other newbies to the forum in the future.

Bryan

rdbse
11-15-12, 12:49
Welcome Bryan.

I was born and raised in NOLA.

Who Dat!

LtNovakUSA
11-15-12, 19:09
Welcome!

I was also raised in NOLA. Westbank in Algiers.

I visit quite often, if you'd like a shooting partner at some point let me know

bryanbag
11-20-12, 09:44
Thanks for the warm welcome, When ever yall in in town hit me up may be we can head over to Honey Island range.

Bryan