PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Project Controversy

TXBob
11-15-12, 11:41
This popped up today on my local forums. I know that the Wounded Warrior Project is a source of pride for many here and possibly may have even helped members present on the site. But it appears they are undergoing a policy shift.

I linked this because it would be good to either
(A) Get the word out about this shift
(B) Get the truth about the matter.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wounded-warrior-project-faces-fallout-after-snubbing-gun-talk

The follow up at the end is a bit of an improvement, but I thought I would bring this to the forum's attention.

RogerinTPA
11-15-12, 12:46
Wow...holy shit. What an utter disappointment. I had no idea about the politics and policies of the WWP and their CEO. I can't believe this MoFo is anti-gun while raking in such a huge salary. I bet he and his staff are ****in Liberals masquerading as being Pro military for the sake of profit. The Org really needs to clean house and make a public apology or they will be losing a metric shit ton of donations for an otherwise exceptional organization, which does a lot of great things for our wounded war vets..

theblackknight
11-15-12, 12:54
I was pretty alarmed by how much some of these guys make a year working for WWP.

Spurholder
11-15-12, 13:08
Wow - that was fast.

http://www.examiner.com/node/55389381

nineteenkilo
11-15-12, 13:43
No offense to those that contribute to WWP, but it is singularly one of the shittiest and least responsible charities out there.

Yes, they have helped people.

Yes, there are those who do a much, much better job.

Even the USO has a higher charity rating than these clowns.

Iraqgunz
11-15-12, 13:47
I believe this was discussed here previously as well. Despite what their idiotic spokeswoman stated their own website made it clear what they thought about firearms yet they had no problem taking anyone's cash. They were simply talking out both sides of their mouth.

jaxman7
11-15-12, 14:07
Scroll down to Grant's post (#15). That's where the WWP topic starts.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=110155

-Jax

theblackknight
11-15-12, 14:53
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/gryphon1994/WoundedWarriorIncome2011.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/gryphon1994/WoundedWarriorSalaries2011.jpg

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 14:56
Scroll down to Grant's post (#15). That's where the WWP topic starts.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=110155

-Jax

Beat me to it I remember Grant saying that the WWP would not let him Link their Logo on his page and wanted nothing to do with anything weapon related

Belmont31R
11-15-12, 15:03
Lots of charities are scams. They do some work, and then rake in huge salaries.

Was just watching a thing about it on CNN where this lady ran a dog rescue, and set up a charity shortly after Katrina for lost dogs. The news put her on, and she was getting a ton of donations. She 'rescued' a small amount of dogs and pocketed the rest. Later on she started another charity for dogs left in Iraq. She 'rescued', again, a small amount of dogs (like under 20) yet she got over 25 million in donations spending less than 5 million over several years. The rest of the money (over 20 mil) is unaccounted for as far a reported expenditures.

I have donated to WWP in the past, and they did help me out when I was hospitalized at Landstuhl after being sent there from Iraq in 2004 so I can't completely dislike them. The Army had me in the same clothes (incomplete DCU uniform) for 2 weeks while I was at the field hospital at Iraq for a week and then Landstuhl for another week. They gave me a set of clothes, grooming stuff, and a calling card so I could call my parents.

Magic_Salad0892
11-15-12, 15:09
I've never supported WWP. They're a bunch of bastards, and don't even help troops much.

There are better charities.

a0cake
11-15-12, 15:13
Here what I had to say about my experience with them in another thread:

The whole Wounded Warrior Program enterprise is extremely irritating - largely staffed by those who have no idea what the word "warrior" means. I'm sure they've helped some people, but they annoyed the bejeesus out of me.

I sustained multiple lower extremity fractures due to an IED in the very first week of a deployment some years ago. After going through Landstuhl in Germany, I was transitioned to a Warrior Transition Unit while I went through treatment and surgery. At every single step in the process, WWP personnel (who were saturating the grounds of the WTU) acted as if, and took for granted, that I WANTED to be either medically discharged or medically retired. On the contrary, my only goal was to heal up and get back for the last few months of that deployment. WTU and WWP fought me every step of the way.

"Do you have PTSD?" No. "Are you SURE you don't have PTSD?" Yes. "Do you REALLY want to go back to your unit?" Yes. "Well I'm not sure that will be possible." They WANT you to have all sorts of problems so that they can justify their existence.

Why the **** shouldn't I be fine and be able to rejoin my unit? At every step in the process, you're told "welcome home." No. Home is the shit-hole country where my unit is. Not here. "We're here to help you transition from combat to a civilian life." I'm sorry, but you're not a doctor, it's not your prerogative to assume that my career is over, and I don't want to make such a transition and I sure as **** don't want you telling me that I ought to. Instead of allowing me to schedule doctor's appointments and get treatments for my injuries at the earliest available opportunities, they forced me (and EVERYONE that passes through) to sit through pointless, mind-numbing mental health garbage. Why not make it available to those who want / need it and spare the rest of us? This wasn't a simple screening that everyone should go through, it was a forced program, and constructed as if those going through it DID need it, not as if they might.

Eventually, I did heal up, and did make it back to my unit for the last 4 months of the deployment. I was told by the 1SG at the WTU that I was the only person he'd seen make it back to their deployed unit after sustaining any kind of physical injury that required a stay the WTU. There were plenty of others that could have done the same, but they were sucked into the WWP/WTU system. If the WWP and WTU had their way, I would have become a civilian YEARS before I wanted to for no good reason.

Again, although I'm sure they've helped those who've needed it, I must say that as for myself - screw the WWP.

TXBob
11-15-12, 15:22
I was concerned that there might be some backlash (One of the first in search results is how BCM is a corporate sponser), but it is (somewhat) comforting that this report is par for recent events. I really hate hearing people taking advantage of shooters (aka taking our money) when we are trying to help our vets.

I missed the first thread and it didn't even pop with the fabled search button. Hopfully this reaches a wider audience--I know I tend to skim some of the AR threads and miss things hidden deeper down.

Belmont31R
11-15-12, 15:33
Here what I had to say about my experience with them in another thread:

The whole Wounded Warrior Program enterprise is extremely irritating - largely staffed by those who have no idea what the word "warrior" means. I'm sure they've helped some people, but they annoyed the bejeesus out of me.

I sustained multiple lower extremity fractures due to an IED in the very first week of a deployment some years ago. After going through Landstuhl in Germany, I was transitioned to a Warrior Transition Unit while I went through treatment and surgery. At every single step in the process, WWP personnel (who were saturating the grounds of the WTU) acted as if, and took for granted, that I WANTED to be either medically discharged or medically retired. On the contrary, my only goal was to heal up and get back for the last few months of that deployment. WTU and WWP fought me every step of the way.

"Do you have PTSD?" No. "Are you SURE you don't have PTSD?" Yes. "Do you REALLY want to go back to your unit?" Yes. "Well I'm not sure that will be possible." They WANT you to have all sorts of problems so that they can justify their existence.

Why the **** shouldn't I be fine and be able to rejoin my unit? At every step in the process, you're told "welcome home." No. Home is the shit-hole country where my unit is. Not here. "We're here to help you transition from combat to a civilian life." I'm sorry, but you're not a doctor, it's not your prerogative to assume that my career is over, and I don't want to make such a transition and I sure as **** don't want you telling me that I ought to. Instead of allowing me to schedule doctor's appointments and get treatments for my injuries at the earliest available opportunities, they forced me (and EVERYONE that passes through) to sit through pointless, mind-numbing mental health garbage. Why not make it available to those who want / need it and spare the rest of us? This wasn't a simple screening that everyone should go through, it was a forced program, and constructed as if those going through it DID need it, not as if they might.

Eventually, I did heal up, and did make it back to my unit for the last 4 months of the deployment. I was told by the 1SG at the WTU that I was the only person he'd seen make it back to their deployed unit after sustaining any kind of physical injury that required a stay the WTU. There were plenty of others that could have done the same, but they were sucked into the WWP/WTU system. If the WWP and WTU had their way, I would have become a civilian YEARS before I wanted to for no good reason.

Again, although I'm sure they've helped those who've needed it, I must say that as for myself - screw the WWP.

WTU is enough to give someone PTSD by itself. Never been in one but knew people in there, and sucks you got stuck there. The guy I knew who went there was legit but he said it mostly sucky ass people who wanted an easy way out, and you basically waste months to a year of your life doing absolutely nothing. Like rear-d but worse.

nineteenkilo
11-15-12, 15:38
I was concerned that there might be some backlash (One of the first in search results is how BCM is a corporate sponser), but it is (somewhat) comforting that this report is par for recent events. I really hate hearing people taking advantage of shooters (aka taking our money) when we are trying to help our vets.

I no longer see BCM listed as sponsor on WWP's website.

glocktogo
11-15-12, 15:39
Wow...holy shit. What an utter disappointment. I had no idea about the politics and policies of the WWP and their CEO. I can't believe this MoFo is anti-gun while raking in such a huge salary. I bet he and his staff are ****in Liberals masquerading as being Pro military for the sake of profit. The Org really needs to clean house and make a public apology or they will be losing a metric shit ton of donations for an otherwise exceptional organization, which does a lot of great things for our wounded war vets..

Already happened. I shifted my charitable activity support from WWP to HAVA (Honored American Veterans Afield). They're run by veteran firearms industry professionals from the likes of Mossberg, S&W Surefire, etc. I don't have to wonder if they changed their stance in order to protect their donations and salaries, they were on the right path from day 1! :mad:

glocktogo
11-15-12, 15:42
Wow - that was fast.

http://www.examiner.com/node/55389381

And not exactly a reversal at all:

We welcome the opportunity to have a warrior on Mr. Gresham’s show to discuss how hunting or events of the like have supported their recovery,” Hay affirmed, reversing the position articulated by the group’s public relations director. “We responded too quickly to his request and should have delved a bit deeper.”

I see nothing here that publicly reverses their actual stance, just window dressing to cover the gaping hole in their credibility. :(

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 15:46
what is even worst is i am Just now getting a Claim Letter from the VA from when I got Hurt in the Line of duty During training at Ft Knox in 2006 :(

Lucky for me I have copies of My medical records and a DR that has been seeing me Because My unit dropped the ball on me when I got back from a state recall .
To have your own unit frak you is a knife in the back .My paperwork got Lost somewhere between the transition from Tanker to Military police the SGT in charge of my paperwork went to another unit and handed My medical off to someone else .

I was suppose to get Medical rehab and physical treatment But instead I sat on my ass for 2 years with a broken Hip and my calls went no where .then out of the blue i get a letter

I thought well to hell with it there are Brothers coming home from Iraq and A-stan with more problems than me .

Now 6 years later i have the worst arthritis in the world it rains i hurt it gets cold I hurt .trying to drive a Big rig My only trade other than painting you guest it my left hip the clutch kills me .I hope they don't loss more soldiers in the system like me .

Sorry for the rant guys today is the day 6 years ago this happened to me and I just got through reading the claim Papers and getting all my records together and looked down at the date and was sickened it took this long

Belmont31R
11-15-12, 15:59
^^^^

You need some sort of representative or help getting through.

Know what you mean though. I hurt my back, and going to the clinic over 15 times before they finally got me a PT appointment where the lady said it had nothing to do with a deployment but was due to poor posture. It was obvious what they were doing so I never went back, and have back problems to this day. The back of my head and neck went numb and they gave me a bottle of naproxen, and said the MRI machine had a six month wait.

Outside of fighting with them I hope you can get some outside medical help.

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 16:21
Thanks Belmont I am not looking forward to the headache i know will be ahead of me I do have a copy of my "Hurt in the line of Duty" investigation and it stated i was at no fault. but i have found a group in Washington I plan on sending my info to But i have found several lawyers that help with VA Benefits just don't know who to trust with it .

My wife's DR heard what happen to me and took me on as a patient 2 years ago He was a prayed answered .I could never get the VA to return my calls and when applied online was hit with a we are not taking any new patients at this Time I was like WTF .

I talked to the American Legion and I think they are the ones that got the claim rolling after all this time .

My lower back on the left side started bothering me and the DR I have said he thinks it is from My hip injury .but i am sure the VA won't think it is .this is going to be FUBAR before it is over with I am afraid .
Have any of you guys had to use Lawyers to get help ?if so if you know A good one let me know thanks!!

it is such a Pain in my ass no Pun intended .I felt like I have been let down and it pained me to this day to get a Medical discharge and then sit and wait and wait

Belmont31R
11-15-12, 16:29
One of the easy things you can do is type up a concise and well written letter, and hand deliver it to your House rep. In AL you have a republican rep?

I know of plenty of vets who have had terrible medical treatment with the VA. As much as it should be top notch and hassle free in the end if you want proper medical treatment do it on your own...but I'd still make a stink about it.

Unfortunately the medical people tried to screw me over, and my own unit (at least my PSG who accused me of malingering) were enough I just deal with it. Don't want anything to do with the gov beyond getting me my GI Bill.

nineteenkilo
11-15-12, 16:41
I will do anything I can to help you here in Alabamastan brother. I know a lot of people in the ALARNG and from Knox on forward. I was D Co 2/81 back quite a few moons before you, but I still have lot of friends caught up in the bullshit.

PM me any info you feel comfortable sharing and I'll be glad to do what I can. At the very least, maybe I can put you in touch with some folks who care. What VA have you dealt with if any and where are you located?

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 16:43
Both Republicans Sen Jeff Sessions and Sen Richard Shelby I have had contact with them both about the UN small arms treaty and received letters from them Both thanking me for support and saying they would fight for the 2nd .

i never thought about contacting them about this it make perfect sense though Now you said it .

I hate to hear they screwed you after you served it gripes My ass the way people are so quick to judge and say your malingering unless you are missing a arm or leg .

I had one of my Drill Sgt even contact my unit after I got back to make sure they were doing what needed to be done to heal me So I could get back to finish training and they straight up Lied to him .

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 16:45
I will do anything I can to help you here in Alabamastan brother. I know a lot of people in the ALARNG and from Knox on forward. I was D Co 2/81 back quite a few moons before you, but I still have lot of friends caught up in the bullshit.

PM me any info you feel comfortable sharing and I'll be glad to do what I can. At the very least, maybe I can put you in touch with some folks who care. What VA have you dealt with if any and where are you located?

Thank you PM inbound

nineteenkilo
11-15-12, 16:47
I'm about to go get the young 'uns and head to the house, but I'll check it later tonight.

Belmont31R
11-15-12, 17:14
Both Republicans Sen Jeff Sessions and Sen Richard Shelby I have had contact with them both about the UN small arms treaty and received letters from them Both thanking me for support and saying they would fight for the 2nd .

i never thought about contacting them about this it make perfect sense though Now you said it .

I hate to hear they screwed you after you served it gripes My ass the way people are so quick to judge and say your malingering unless you are missing a arm or leg .

I had one of my Drill Sgt even contact my unit after I got back to make sure they were doing what needed to be done to heal me So I could get back to finish training and they straight up Lied to him .

Your House rep will be different from your senators, and a bit more local to you. But it's still good to hit up the senators.

Hit this link and go to their office. http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 17:24
Your House rep will be different from your senators, and a bit more local to you. But it's still good to hit up the senators.

Hit this link and go to their office. http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Roger that !!thank you So much for the Help Man,
I didn't know what to do i have been sitting here spinning my wheels it seems banging my head against the wall . Now I have a ideal what needs to be done .

Sorry for the Off topic stuff OP It seems your thread has opened up some hope for me even though it is about a Crappy situation with the WWP

Belmont31R
11-15-12, 17:27
No one here should have a problem with getting off topic if its helping a vet out. Don't worry about it.

WillBrink
11-15-12, 17:55
This popped up today on my local forums. I know that the Wounded Warrior Project is a source of pride for many here and possibly may have even helped members present on the site. But it appears they are undergoing a policy shift.

I linked this because it would be good to either
(A) Get the word out about this shift
(B) Get the truth about the matter.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wounded-warrior-project-faces-fallout-after-snubbing-gun-talk

The follow up at the end is a bit of an improvement, but I thought I would bring this to the forum's attention.

I did a small Wounded Warrior Charity a while back and on their form for getting approval, they made it very clear it could not be fire arms related in any way, which made no sense and made it clear they are not a fire arms friendly group.

So, my impression was they were clearly not pro fire arms, which to me is not = anti gun by default.

However, this info above seems to show a seriously misguided policy on their end and I have yet to meet an injured service member who was anti gun due to their experiences/injuries.

Have any of you? I do not think they will be on my list of future charities to donate or do events for after seeing that reading the experiences of service people here.

TXBob
11-15-12, 18:09
Roger that !!thank you So much for the Help Man,
I didn't know what to do i have been sitting here spinning my wheels it seems banging my head against the wall . Now I have a ideal what needs to be done .

Sorry for the Off topic stuff OP It seems your thread has opened up some hope for me even though it is about a Crappy situation with the WWP

No apology nessecary. Get well

warpigM-4
11-15-12, 18:12
No apology nessecary. Get well

Thank you Sir !!

SeriousStudent
11-15-12, 21:09
No one here should have a problem with getting off topic if its helping a vet out. Don't worry about it.

Absolutely. You men and women are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Other than HAVA, are there any other organizations that were helpful to you gents?

11-15-12, 21:37
At this point in time, I say **** WWP. Plenty of other deserving charities. They simply changed their position to keep the $$$ flowing in.

NCPatrolAR
11-15-12, 21:38
They've been anti-gun for years. It seems the bulk of people are finally figuring this out

SteyrAUG
11-15-12, 21:50
From their Facebook page.

"In the case of cobranding, we've decided that we're not going to offer our logo to appear on weapons anymore - whether they're guns, knives, bows, swords, or any other type of weapon. There are still a few of the guns around for sale that had licensed our logo years ago, but there aren't any new ones being made. This is purely a business decision based on a review of a return on investment, especially when compared with other types of cobranding ventures."

And just like with Recoil magazine, their explanation actually makes it more apparent they are what they claim not to be.

What they have clarified is "even IF" there was a positive investment opportunity related to weapons, they have decided they will no longer do it. There is no qualifier along the lines of "if a positive investment opportunity came along we'd consider it."

And for some reason they don't even recognize, or are hoping we can't recognize, that this is actually an "anti gun" position.

Sad, very, very sad.

I wish I could get a job writing this kind of stuff.

Dear Public, as an organization dedicated to wounded veterans we try not to polarize anyone's position by taking political stances on issues unrelated to that goal. In the past when we believed it would benefit the program we have co branded certain items like firearms. In most instances those investments were not cost effective so we will likely refrain from engaging in similar ventures in the future unless there is a opportunity that has greater potential for success.

Thank you.

Straight Shooter
11-16-12, 07:36
This shit right here is why I flat out do not contribute to a damn thing anymore. EVERYTIME I have in the past..I find out down the road how my money either went to something I dont like or support, or lined some CEO's pocket. I mean, WTF here. I had NO IDEA this was true about WWP. I myself have seen hard times, and I couldnt get help if I were on ****ing fire.
NO MORE from me, none.

Kokopelli
11-16-12, 08:38
I stopped a my contribution when they were discussed previously here on the forum. It's a shame or possibly a disgrace .. JMO.. Ron

SteyrAUG
11-16-12, 14:27
This shit right here is why I flat out do not contribute to a damn thing anymore. EVERYTIME I have in the past..I find out down the road how my money either went to something I dont like or support, or lined some CEO's pocket. I mean, WTF here. I had NO IDEA this was true about WWP. I myself have seen hard times, and I couldnt get help if I were on ****ing fire.
NO MORE from me, none.

That has been my experience as well. I learned if I wanted to help people to buy an extra sack of .49 cheeseburgers at the drive through and just hand them out to the local crew of homeless / handicapped guys who congregated behind the 7-11 and weren't bothering anyone.

When you are sitting in the drive through and a guy in a wheel chair is over by the dumpsters it isn't hard to figure out why he is there. $6 buys a lot of tacos at taco bell so I just order an extra sack and a drink and drive around one more time and hand it to him. Easy stuff and all it takes is a couple minutes and for people to have an extra $6 to spare.

Of course in this economy that extra $6 will be more uncommon.

Jer
11-16-12, 14:39
That has been my experience as well. I learned if I wanted to help people to buy an extra sack of .49 cheeseburgers at the drive through and just hand them out to the local crew of homeless / handicapped guys who congregated behind the 7-11 and weren't bothering anyone.

When you are sitting in the drive through and a guy in a wheel chair is over by the dumpsters it isn't hard to figure out why he is there. $6 buys a lot of tacos at taco bell so I just order an extra sack and a drink and drive around one more time and hand it to him. Easy stuff and all it takes is a couple minutes and for people to have an extra $6 to spare.

Of course in this economy that extra $6 will be more uncommon.

A very simple concept and one that suited this nation just fine for more than it didn't. Now, that $6 is harder to come by & the increased amount of taxes and associated costs are being dried up by the government. The government will then take your $6 and the $6 of 20 other people to buy the same sack of tacos for the homeless person all while telling us that it's for the greater good. I want to return to a time when charity was handled at a local level and communities rose up to help their neighbors. Now, people just expect handouts from a faceless entity that they think has endless money (which it does, and if it doesn't it'll just print more) that if they don't take it someone else will.

11-16-12, 17:58
NO MORE from me, none.

I completely understand this.

scottryan
11-16-12, 18:08
I quit donating to charity 4 years ago and I will never again.

I pay over 2/3 of my money away in taxes. I have already fulfilled my moral obligation to the FSA.

Why are you people still donating?

SteyrAUG
11-16-12, 18:13
Why are you people still donating?

Good nature often defeats logic. Perhaps not a completely bad thing in many cases. I have fallen victim to a good nature time and again, but of all my regrets those which resulted from a "good nature" weight the lightest on my mind. I simply try and become wiser while attempting to remain a good person.

warpigM-4
11-16-12, 18:24
Good nature often defeats logic. Perhaps not a completely bad thing in many cases. I have fallen victim to a good nature time and again, but of all my regrets those which resulted from a "good nature" weight the lightest on my mind. I simply try and become wiser while attempting to remain a good person.

I am there with you i can't count the times i have bought food for homeless people

.i had a friend that had a old Vietnam Vet that lived in the woods on his land he had a camp set up next to a creek for bathing and cooking .we pitched in and got him a 3 room tent he was so grateful and cried and hugged us we were Both in uniform when we gave it to him even gave him a Flag to Put up it was nice to see a smile on his face .

RogerinTPA
11-16-12, 18:24
Already happened. I shifted my charitable activity support from WWP to HAVA (Honored American Veterans Afield). They're run by veteran firearms industry professionals from the likes of Mossberg, S&W Surefire, etc. I don't have to wonder if they changed their stance in order to protect their donations and salaries, they were on the right path from day 1! :mad:

Thanks for that reference. I used to donate to the special operations warrior foundation for years because I knew almost every dime went to the children of lost SOF warriors. I was working at MacDill when the foundation was set up. They have huge community as well as national support, and the org is well ran, as expected. Then WWP came along so I thought it would be fair to try to assist wounded vets across the spectrum. I assumed they were on par with SOWF...I'll be switching back. My fault for not researching WWP. This is the same shit the Red Cross pulled during 9/11 before Bill Oreilly jumped on their ass. Prior to that exposure, only one dollar out of ten was reaching the victims.

SteyrAUG
11-16-12, 18:49
I am there with you i can't count the times i have bought food for homeless people

.i had a friend that had a old Vietnam Vet that lived in the woods on his land he had a camp set up next to a creek for bathing and cooking .we pitched in and got him a 3 room tent he was so grateful and cried and hugged us we were Both in uniform when we gave it to him even gave him a Flag to Put up it was nice to see a smile on his face .

I was referencing the times I have given time or money to organizations that are a bit "less" deserving. I would have zero reservations about anything like what you just mentioned.

Straight Shooter
11-17-12, 06:59
After reading most of the posts here, and after my country dying on
6NOV12, after 18,500 people are out of work due to a ****in union, and MANY more things..I feel compelled to ask- is ANYTHING AT ALL WORKING IN THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE?!! ANY ****NG THING?!
When we cant/wont/dont even get our vets the medical care they need,
but will spend 2 MILLION DOLLARS to get out 4 MILLION in food stamps/welfare, I gotta know, is it ME, am I nutty, or is it this country?
PRIORITIES...WE GOT NONE. Dear God...I truly am a man without a country. The posts here from our magnificent warriors have me in a RAGE.I just came in from a 12 hour shift...got one more to do tonight, and Im so damn mad I cant sleep. THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! I wish I knew how to help, I really do. May GOD help you all, because AMERICA WONT.:(

a0cake
11-17-12, 09:00
I gotta know, is it ME, am I nutty, or is it this country?

I'm not sure this is an either / or kind of thing.

:ph34r:

feedramp
11-17-12, 10:23
I just had a lightbulb click while reading this thread. This news helps explain why some particularly liberal folks I know would be so emotionally supportive of the Wounded Warrior Project yet in no other way would they be found near the military or guns. Clearly it's easier for them to palate WWP because they don't support those big nasty evil guns.

warpigM-4
11-17-12, 17:35
After reading most of the posts here, and after my country dying on
6NOV12, after 18,500 people are out of work due to a ****in union, and MANY more things..I feel compelled to ask- is ANYTHING AT ALL WORKING IN THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE?!! ANY ****NG THING?!
When we cant/wont/dont even get our vets the medical care they need,
but will spend 2 MILLION DOLLARS to get out 4 MILLION in food stamps/welfare, I gotta know, is it ME, am I nutty, or is it this country?
PRIORITIES...WE GOT NONE. Dear God...I truly am a man without a country. The posts here from our magnificent warriors have me in a RAGE.I just came in from a 12 hour shift...got one more to do tonight, and Im so damn mad I cant sleep. THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! I wish I knew how to help, I really do. May GOD help you all, because AMERICA WONT.:(

your not going Nuts they dropped the ball on me big time No contact or medical help for 6 years now :mad: 2 years I could not even get up and move around without crutches .

My Unit knew this and said "sit tight and get better we will get back with you" the whole time i was suppose to be in physical rehab for my Hip .My calls to the VA fell on deaf ears and then I receive a Medical discharge in May 2007.

My unit failed to forward my medical records to the VA even after they told me and a Drill Sgt from FT Knox they did .Just got a letter for my claim less than a week ago Nov 15 Marks the day I got hurt 6 years ago .I am sad to think of my fellow Soldiers out there that are in the same boat .

But yet the welfare Folks get their checks like clock work .:rolleyes:

Jellybean
11-18-12, 08:23
Wow.
Unbelieveable....

Judging from some of the stories here, it almost sounds like they WANT things to turn out badly for the wounded....Probably so they can have some libfest about how 'the military and guns are destroying our poor soldiers lives when they all just want to go home'.:rolleyes:

...The whole Wounded Warrior Program enterprise is extremely irritating - largely staffed by those who have no idea what the word "warrior" means. I'm sure they've helped some people, but they annoyed the bejeesus out of me. ...

I kind of got the gist, based on some other things I've seen and heard, that many of their supporters/donaters are in the same boat.

I'm kind of with Straight Shooter on this- charities (in general) have become a case of the guy holding a sign by an intersection in the city that says "Iraq War Vet- Need Help" or some such. You know it could really be a person who needs help. But you also know that there's a lot of asswipes that do the same thing to make a living, and it's just too out of place, and maybe the guys just looks a little to clean....so you drive on.
Frankly, charities have ruined charitable giving because they are run by, and supported by people who don't really care about who or what their giving to- it's just another way for people to FEEL good about "making a difference" without actually DOING anything. :mad:

OldGreg
11-26-12, 22:07
This arrived at the store today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Tonesnob/IMG_1051.jpg

jaxman7
11-26-12, 23:15
A friend of mine posted a link on Facebook that showed Under Armor's new WWP shirt. After about 20 so " Love it/bought one" comments one guy asked, "Is it true WWP is anti-gun?".

I came in and discretely described what they had said to Grant and their refusal to go on Tom Gresham's Guntalk radio show. I also posted a link to HAVA.

The following day the guy's comment/question about Wounded Warrior being anti gun and my comments were erased.

-Jax