PDA

View Full Version : First AR, BCM upper and Noveske lower vs Complete BCM

bb6kid
11-15-12, 14:25
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase my first ar-15 in a few days and I have narrowed it down to two rifles.

A complete bcm with knights armament quad rail non-ff, lot sopmod b5 stock and lmt rear sight

Or a custom built

Noveske chainsaw lower, cmmg lower parts, vltor tube with spikes t2 buffer, mp parts, Midwest industries ff gen 2 rail and a complete bcm upper.

The custom built is 300 more dollars than the complete bcm. Whih do you guys think I should go with? Is the custom built ar really worth 300 more?

Thanks

tnt1106
11-15-12, 14:45
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase my first ar-15 in a few days and I have narrowed it down to two rifles.

A complete bcm with knights armament quad rail non-ff, lot sopmod b5 stock and lmt rear sight

Or a custom built

Noveske chainsaw lower, cmmg lower parts, vltor tube with spikes t2 buffer, mp parts, Midwest industries ff gen 2 rail and a complete bcm upper.

The custom built is 300 more dollars than the complete bcm. Whih do you guys think I should go with? Is the custom built ar really worth 300 more?

Thanks

complete BCM + class for $275 = net gain.

Mauser KAR98K
11-15-12, 14:50
+1. Just get a full BCM mid-length+optic+ammo+class and you will be good to go. The Noveskes come later when you have found what direction you want to go next.

Moonlight Again
11-15-12, 14:51
Unless I built it, the custom isn't worth the extra money. If I built it? Still isn't worth the money, but I'd try and convince you.

Go with the complete BCM.

polymorpheous
11-15-12, 14:51
I'd pass on anything CMMG, except maybe their .22lr uppers.
And that's only because TacSol .22lr uppers are so hard to find.

badness
11-15-12, 14:59

Or a custom built

Thanks

I don't know why you're considering a custom build that's going to cost more and contain a spikes t2 buffer, MI ff rail and cmmg anything. I would rather buy the bcm, spend that extra 300 bucks on a ff kac rail and a case of ammo.

bb6kid
11-15-12, 15:07
Thanks guys. What I needed to know!