PDA

View Full Version : Scope for A3 Detachable Carry Handle

Axobreil
11-15-12, 16:45
Hey all,

I just picked up a Colt M4 LE6920, it comes with the A3 detachable carry handle, and I really like how the handle looks on the rifle, except aiming down the iron sights really does suck for me. So, rather than remove the A3 handle, I really want to find a good scope that mounts directly on the handle, I like the looks of this combo as well.

I wanna get some feedback with any scopes anyone has on the carrying handle. Accuracy, Price, etc. Thanks!

El Cid
11-15-12, 20:36
Hey all,

I just picked up a Colt M4 LE6920, it comes with the A3 detachable carry handle, and I really like how the handle looks on the rifle, except aiming down the iron sights really does suck for me. So, rather than remove the A3 handle, I really want to find a good scope that mounts directly on the handle, I like the looks of this combo as well.

I wanna get some feedback with any scopes anyone has on the carrying handle. Accuracy, Price, etc. Thanks!

The offset over the bore is going to be extreme with a setup like that. There's a reason nobody runs an AR like that anymore.

copenhagen2001
11-15-12, 22:42
The offset over the bore is going to be extreme with a setup like that. There's a reason nobody runs an AR like that anymore.

I agree.

HTC EVO 4 using TapaTalk

kmrtnsn
11-15-12, 23:41
It is not about looks, it is about functionality. There is a reason you do not see carry handle mounted optics anymore, there are just better more user friendly ways to mount an optic these days. Your rifle has a picatinny rail, scope rings for picatinny rails are a dime a dozen. Your priorities should be cheek weld and eye relief, and not aesthetics.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/pknwg.xycut/v/vspfiles/photos/PAC3X-4T.jpg?1333119794

If you look at this pic I borrowed from Primary Arms, you can see how horrible the height over bore is with this set up. There is no way a shooter can establish a cheek weld in order to obtain and maintain a proper and consistent eye relief from the optic. It may look cool as hell to some but it is just not practical.

polymorpheous
11-15-12, 23:55
How many threads are you going to start before you use the search function?

Axobreil
11-16-12, 08:58
Is there a problem with starting threads? I thought this was the reason for forums... I just saw someone start a new thread yesterday about the difference between a .223 vs 5.56... I'm just gonna cancel my subscription here, just a bunch of idiots complaining and whining... oohhh if you search theres a similar thead... ohhhh the information you are talking about is outdated.... ohhhh you're wrong.... ohhhh kiss my rear

polymorpheous
11-16-12, 09:05
Is there a problem with starting threads? I thought this was the reason for forums... I just saw someone start a new thread yesterday about the difference between a .223 vs 5.56... I'm just gonna cancel my subscription here, just a bunch of idiots complaining and whining... oohhh if you search theres a similar thead... ohhhh the information you are talking about is outdated.... ohhhh you're wrong.... ohhhh kiss my rear

What are you?
12 years old?

This is the most informative board on the net for the AR-15 platform and tactical and defensive shooting.
It is NOT Arfcom!
Things are a little bit more strict here.
BS will be called out in short order because misinformation WILL NOT be tolerated here.
You absolutely need a thick skin to post here, and it is very, very wise for new members to post less and read more.
New technical thread should only be started if the search option has been exhausted.

You can learn a lot here if you check your ego at the door, shut up, and read.
Otherwise you just up the noise, which is not welcome.

The choice is yours.
If you want to learn, you are very welcome here.
If you want to argue with professionals, subject matter experts, and serious shooters who forget more than I will EVER know... well... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.