PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RMR RM05G (Green) Dual Illuminated washout?

PatrioticDisorder
11-16-12, 16:56
I've read some archived info and the consensus is the dual illuminated RMRs seem to washout when aiming from dark to brightly lit areas, generally people are referring to the amber dot. I'm just curious if the 9moa green dot version suffers from the same washout effect.

I'm looking to put this RMR on an M&P Pro CORE as soon as they come out. I'd like the dual illuminated (I like the idea of not having to change batteries every year), but at the same time I'd hate to have the washout disadvantage.

Thank you in advance!

Singlestack Wonder
11-16-12, 20:35
Yes. The issue is not with the reticle color. It's due to the fact that when the ambient light goes away, there is nothing to drive the reticle. Yes, the tritium kicks in but the illumination providd by it is really only visible looking from a very dark area into another very dark area.

Mysteryman
11-18-12, 15:11
Anyone have pics of the green RMR reticle??:D

MM

KentuckyWindage
11-27-12, 20:51
Anyone have pics of the green RMR reticle??:D

MM

Here is my RM05g
http://i5.minus.com/ib2qoP1g7FKvz4.jpg

Mysteryman
11-28-12, 00:45
Awesome thanks! Is that a 9MOA dot? Have you encountered the same washout issues as the amber?

MM

KentuckyWindage
11-28-12, 04:29
Awesome thanks! Is that a 9MOA dot? Have you encountered the same washout issues as the amber?

MM

Yes it s the 9 moa. It does wash out in a dark environment looking into a bright environment like the others.

C4IGrant
11-28-12, 06:56
I run this one on my pistol:http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM08A

I like the triangle over the large dot as it allows for more precision at distance.

C4

Mysteryman
11-28-12, 12:17
Yes it s the 9 moa. It does wash out in a dark environment looking into a bright environment like the others.

Doesn't look that large in the pic.

MM

C4IGrant
11-28-12, 12:20
Doesn't look that large in the pic.

MM

Pics are deceiving.

C4

militarymoron
11-28-12, 13:52
what grant said - it's very difficult to gauge actual dot size in photos. depends on the distance of the lens to the optic, what the camera is focused on etc.

MM

KentuckyWindage
11-30-12, 13:09
what grant said - it's very difficult to gauge actual dot size in photos. depends on the distance of the lens to the optic, what the camera is focused on etc.

MM

+1 It took about five picture just to be able to focus on the dot. It is no where near the size of the dot in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmaynor
12-15-12, 23:35
I use to here horror stories about these RMRs piping off handguns all the time. Is that still an issue?

Singlestack Wonder
12-16-12, 12:19
I use to here horror stories about these RMRs piping off handguns all the time. Is that still an issue?

:rolleyes:

militarymoron
12-16-12, 13:54
nope, RMRs piping off handguns has never been an issue.

Jungo2
12-23-12, 13:27
I run this one on my pistol:http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM08A

I like the triangle over the large dot as it allows for more precision at distance.

C4

I have the RM08a as well. Like my other Trijicon products, the quality is excellent, however I'm finding that this particular model produces a subtle, but noticeable optical distortion resembling a 'fishbowl' type of effect. Others have reported this same characteristic. It doesn't detract from the practical functionality of the optic, but subjectively, it is somewhat of a distraction.