PDA

View Full Version : Lower recomendations for AR10

SBEEZ
02-15-08, 22:40
I am new to the site and need a little help. I would like to build a AR10, but need ideas.
1. What is the difference in a armalite lower and an eagle/armalite lower.
2. Are there any other lowers better to use for magazine purposes.
3. I reload so 308 or Nato barrel and with Nato ammo is hard to find good ammo to feed in the finicky Ar10.
4. I guess I would like to build a Ar10 reload my own ammo not have a feed or magazine problem where do I start. I do like the noveske barrel, but its Nato and I heard you have problems when you shoot commercial loads through it.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease Help

davemcdonald
02-15-08, 23:05
Eagle bought Armalite a few years back. Armalite doesn't sell stripped Armalite lowers for building rifles. Up until just recently the only way to get an Armalite AR10 with an Armalite rollmark was to buy a factory built rifle the Eagle line was for people that wanted to assemble their own.

Dave

herd118
02-16-08, 10:54
There is no difference in the Eagle or Armalite lower receivers - just the markings are different. As of January, the Eagle name appears to be being phased out, and all new stripped AR10 lower receivers are marked Armalite. The link:

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EA0901G&Category=b5877938-548b-414f-bcb7-e45f80d451dc

I have only the experience of the two I own, one factory built and one I built, but find them quite reliable with the new magazines. They were finicky with the earlier magazines that were made from M14 mags during the AWB.

SBEEZ
02-16-08, 11:52
I am looking at a armalite or a POF lower. What upper can I buy to fit those brands. I want a stripped upper receiver and I will buy barrel, handguards etc. Is the 7.62 barrel okay with reloaded commercial ammo or does it have to be surplus. Can I shoot 308 ammo through it. Finally what brand magazine will work with these lowers. I like the noveske barrel, but it is 7.62. Thanks.

herd118
02-16-08, 12:12
You should have all your questions answered in this thread:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11370

davemcdonald
02-16-08, 21:57
I can't remember all of the details but Armalite is offering or will offer soon a gunsmith version which will need a barrel and maybe a few other parts to make a complete rifle.

Dave

edpmedic
02-19-08, 08:57
I have 2 EA Lowers for AR10's. One I use for a 300RSAUM upper and the other for a AR10T-24" upper. They are well made and I had no problem with them. I got them through Quantico Arms with Parts kits and put them together. I used a RRA Match Trigger set up in both of them.

I am also glad to hear that Armalite will be selling lowers with their name though it really is the same production line they come off of.

mattmcg
04-14-08, 13:51
Yep, the Noveske labeled AR-10 lowers just became available to the CA folks. Finally an Armalite solution......