PDA

View Full Version : Warning do not buy brass from kabar cartridge.com

Jojo66
11-17-12, 19:50
Just a warning to fellow reloaders do not buy brass from this company it seems to be a scam.i ordered brass from there site over a week ago and paid the only way you can which is Paypal.well since they are only a state over when the package didnt arrive and I was never sent any shipping info or tracking number or anything I tried to email them with no response.i then tried to call the number on the site and low and behold the number is no longer in service anymore.what kind of company has a out of service number listed?so I looked online and it seems a few people have been reporting that they have been had by the company as well.

S. Galbraith
11-17-12, 19:57
Just a warning to fellow reloaders do not buy brass from this company it seems to be a scam.i ordered brass from there site over a week ago and paid the only way you can which is Paypal.well since they are only a state over when the package didnt arrive and I was never sent any shipping info or tracking number or anything I tried to email them with no response.i then tried to call the number on the site and low and behold the number is no longer in service anymore.what kind of company has a out of service number listed?so I looked online and it seems a few people have been reporting that they have been had by the company as well.

Sorry to hear it. I hope you didn't lose too much money. What caliber brass are you looking for?

Jojo66
11-17-12, 20:00
Hopefully Paypal will refund my money.im looking for .223/5.56

S. Galbraith
11-17-12, 20:04
Hopefully Paypal will refund my money.im looking for .223/5.56

Hopefully. Good luck with it.

jstone
11-17-12, 20:36
I had similar thing happen. I paid with paypal. When i tried to get my money back through paypal they said they only guarantee transactions on ebay. unless their policy has changed you are screwed. That is when i stopped using paypal. They claim your transactions are guaranteed. Then something happens, and you find out they are only guaranteed when they go through ebay.

I hope it has changed so you can get your money back, but be prepared to not see any kind of help or money.

Jojo66
11-17-12, 20:37
Well that just sucks....I guess I'm screwed

E4for2
11-17-12, 20:56
If you pay with a credit card,then you claim fraud with your card co. and they will take it off--if they don't---change cards---I have done this several times with Visa Cards

Jojo66
11-17-12, 21:22
I used my visa so ill try that approach because im getting my money back somehow.kinda poor so ripping me off is like robbing a homeless guy

Jojo66
11-17-12, 22:58
Why the hell would you do buisness with a Komifornia company anyway! Yea they buy your brass for recycling! Do you know what brass is going for in Komifornia! :nono:
Um ok?yeah I bought brass from them because their price was better than everyone else's and because the person here locally who said he had brass for sale all of a sudden couldn't find it.honestly I don't care where a person is located all I care about is that they had a good price....and it would have been nice if they actually had a working number

jstone
11-17-12, 23:09
You should still try through paypal. What happened to me was a couple years ago. They may have changed there policy. You will definitely get your money back through your card though.

Jojo66
11-17-12, 23:17
You should still try through paypal. What happened to me was a couple years ago. They may have changed there policy. You will definitely get your money back through your card though.
Thanks.yeah I have started my claim with PayPal today and sent all the info I had so hopefully that works and I won't have to do anything else.i have read up on paypal's policy on this and it must have changed because it does say that if there's a problem they will look into it and make a decision with the given info.didnt say anything about just ebay purchases.and now a lot of companies use PayPal so I'm assuming they have updated the policy...or just don't tell you

tb-av
11-18-12, 11:45
Might want to file a complaint here.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

jwfuhrman
11-18-12, 13:30
if your looking for brass, check out snscasting.com they are here in Indiana. Once fired, cleaned 223 mixed brass is $45/1000

edit - they seem to only offer a 1700 bag of 223 brass now for $100 and its outta stock..... sorry about that. they do have pistol brass too though.

Jojo66
11-18-12, 14:27
Might want to file a complaint here.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
I think I will sir thanks for the link

Jojo66
11-21-12, 15:33
Just an update for all that's listening:
I finally got contacted by the company and they apologized said the reason it wasn't sent and that there is no number connected is that they are moving and for my troubles they are going to include an additional 500 pieces of brass.if they do make good on this then I retract my previous statement.i will update if and when the package arrives...

nicky gunz
11-22-12, 09:44
Just an update for all that's listening:
I finally got contacted by the company and they apologized said the reason it wasn't sent and that there is no number connected is that they are moving and for my troubles they are going to include an additional 500 pieces of brass.if they do make good on this then I retract my previous statement.i will update if and when the package arrives...

Did they make good on their offer to cure?!!?

Jojo66
11-22-12, 09:45
Not yet

Suwannee Tim
11-23-12, 19:09
A dispute with the CC company should be a weapon of last resort but you have 60 days. I have used it one time in 35 years. A couple of weeks ago I bought a couple of rifles from someone who overcharged me $100 for each rifle. I called him and gave him a bit of grief and he sent me a check. I never told him I might dispute but we both knew it. Even so, you don't want a bunch of disputes on your record. The CC company looks at your dispute history when you make a dispute. Give them a couple of weeks, you have plenty of time.

Jojo66
11-23-12, 21:26
Latest update:
The company has apologized and has made good on the transaction.turns out they dropped the ball and something got messed up while they moved buildings or something.so if a moderator can delete this thread or something that would be great