PDA

View Full Version : mossberg 930 JM pro series ?????

pmedic920
11-18-12, 13:18
I bought one 2 days ago, and found a few more. If anybody wants to know how/where, I'd be glad to share my secret. Well not really a secret but it worked for me.

Noodles
11-20-12, 16:00
I was completely scare away from the 930 after seeing immediate failures in training. Perhaps the JM fixes the issues but I sort of doubt it. I'll pass

The_Hunter
11-20-12, 16:45
where did you find them?

pmedic920
11-20-12, 17:18
where did you find them?

Academy sports and outdoors, sells them, they only stock 1 at a time in select stores. The SKU# is 23087299. Call a store and ask them to search the item, they can tell you what stores have one. The 2 closest stores to my home, each had 1. 1 of them is on hold for a few more days because buyer did not pass back ground check. I walked into the other store and snatched mine up. Hope this helps you get one. I like mine. Good Luck.

The_Hunter
11-20-12, 17:22
22 or 24 inch?

pmedic920
11-20-12, 17:33
22 or 24 inch?

That is the SKU# for the longer gun.

PA PATRIOT
11-20-12, 23:06
I have also seen them crapping out for three gun shooters as well.

mig1nc
11-21-12, 05:51
What was the price at Academy?

pmedic920
11-21-12, 18:59
What was the price at Academy?

mpom
11-25-12, 15:54
A friend and I shot my 930jm at matches with no issues. Of course with my OCD nature I've polished a bunch of sharp edges and cleaned the gas rings/piston, but it's been very reliable with every ammo, even mild target loads. 300-400 rounds through it. Glad I got it.

Mark

mig1nc
11-25-12, 16:02
I got the Patrick Flanagan pro series. Went through the initial break-in period. Had one malfunction, but I think it was a bad round.

No complaints.

Boxerglocker
11-25-12, 16:13
A friend and I shot my 930jm at matches with no issues. Of course with my OCD nature I've polished a bunch of sharp edges and cleaned the gas rings/piston, but it's been very reliable with every ammo, even mild target loads. 300-400 rounds through it. Glad I got it.

Mark

My 22 inch has been ultra reliable. I took it apart cleaned it well, lubed and reassembled. I added a XXL Nordic tube end cap to give me 9+1 and installed a Briley extended LM choke. It shoots POI with Winchester 7.5 short brass target at 20 yards and 4 inches high with B&P low recoil 1 oz. slugs at 50 yards. I have the carrier out to C-rums to get welded right now should be back this coming week.

pmedic920
11-25-12, 19:14
My 22 inch has been ultra reliable. I took it apart cleaned it well, lubed and reassembled. I added a XXL Nordic tube end cap to give me 9+1 and installed a Briley extended LM choke. It shoots POI with Winchester 7.5 short brass target at 20 yards and 4 inches high with B&P low recoil 1 oz. slugs at 50 yards. I have the carrier out to C-rums to get welded right now should be back this coming week.

I started this becaus I know for the money, this is a great shotgun, and they have been hard to find. I am glad to see a few of y'all feel the same as I do. I hope the info helps at least one person to get one.

mpom
11-25-12, 19:17
I said earlier that my 930jm has been very reliable, to contrast with "completely reliable". Did have 2 rounds fail to go off with a hit primer. Did go off after second strike. I replaced the hammer spring with one I had laying around that is made of thicker wire, by a couple of thou, trimmed to same length. So far no further misfires, but it was very rare to begin with. Perhaps it was crappy ammo I bought at Wally Word, but did not want it to repeat.
Did the C-rums lifter weld as well as hog out and polish the feed area. Also polished the shell stop to smooth loading and shell release, and added the Nordic XXL cap, mostly to protect the muzzle when dumping into a barrel. Those are the only things you might say this sg needs.
Lots of info on BEnos 3g shotgun forum.

Mark

Devildawg2531
11-27-12, 20:16
I bought the 930 JM 24" after winning the pump division of a local Shotgun competition and finishing in the bottom 1/3 of overall because it just wasn't feasible to run high round count stages with a pump and beat the semi's. I've had about 500 rounds through mine of various Walmart cheap bird shot, Remington rifled slugs and various buck and has been 100% reliable and only cleaned once. Have had 1 competition since and overall I love the gun. If money were no object I think the Benelli M2 is "better" but for over a grand additional the M2 didn't make sense to me as this was just a game gun.

BruceLeroy
12-05-12, 23:19
I got the 22" model a few months back. Nothing but cheap walmart ammo for the last 2000 rounds and no issues. I didnt even clean it until I hit around 800 rounds.

bullittmcqueen
12-07-12, 12:39
I started this becaus I know for the money, this is a great shotgun, and they have been hard to find. I am glad to see a few of y'all feel the same as I do. I hope the info helps at least one person to get one.

Well Academy has proven themselves today to be the biggest bunch of douchebags I think I've ever talked to over the phone. My local store flat out refused to search the computer system for the model number, after giving me about 4 or 5 excuses on how he was busy and couldn't do it. I then called the 2 other stores within driving distance and was told by both " Academy doesn't carry that gun" and after asking them to search for the SKU #, more lame excuses about "our computer system isn't up to date" blah blah blah.

Write Academy off my list of places to shop.

pmedic920
12-07-12, 15:09
Well Academy has proven themselves today to be the biggest bunch of douchebags I think I've ever talked to over the phone. My local store flat out refused to search the computer system for the model number, after giving me about 4 or 5 excuses on how he was busy and couldn't do it. I then called the 2 other stores within driving distance and was told by both " Academy doesn't carry that gun" and after asking them to search for the SKU #, more lame excuses about "our computer system isn't up to date" blah blah blah.

Write Academy off my list of places to shop.

I normally don't support academy for guns purchases unless I've done my own research and it benifits me to buy from them. In the case of this shotgun it did benifit me. As a general rule a agree with your feelings on academy as a GUN STORE. The sku# search worked well for me with the help from a clerk willing to help me. It sucks that you, Couldn't get the same help. If you continue to have trouble getting your hands on the 930 JM PRO, I would give it another try inspite of the turds you ran into. For the money it's an awesome shot gun. IMHO worth the trouble of tracking one down.