PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Members Of M4C My VA horror story

warpigM-4
11-18-12, 13:21
Just a Simple Thank you to all the members Here for your support
In a Thread earlier I told of My injury I received during training At FT Knox and how I was left behind By my Unit and the VA .6 years ago On Nov 15 .yeah 6 years :mad: a week ago i received Paperwork from the VA for My in the line of duty injury Claim .

But since I told My story I have had Several members sending me emails of encouragement ,Some even trying to help me get through to the VA .

I broke down last night and the wife asked what was wrong I told her of the kindness the members here was giving me .You all have given me hope and i know I am not alone in this fight .

I have been a member on many Gun forums, But I have to say M4C is at the top .even though we are separated But hundreds of Miles the people here seem to pull together and help one another .I thank you all For the support it has lifted me up from a dark place .
because of the pain I have been in for the last 6 years .

My injury has cause me pain physical and mental But I have never felt anything like this in my life in a long time ,Hope!

So thank you My Brothers ya'll have started a fire in me that was long burned out .I will drive on and make this work and fight tooth and nail .

this is the greatest community to be a part of again I can not thank the members here enough .

If you have been Shafted My the Va know you are not alone in this fight Share your story .talking to Ya'll here has helped more than you can imagine .
I am proud to be a Veteran and i am proud to call ya'll friends

lethal dose
11-18-12, 13:24
Push through, brother. Don't stop until you get what's yours.

Safetyhit
11-18-12, 14:01
Never been down your particular road so I had nothing of value to offer, but due to difficult circumstances I had help dealing with here years ago I can somewhat relate to how you feel regarding the support.

Very best of luck with the unfortunate, bastard injury. Not fair by any means, but when you take a moment to consider Army Chief's immense struggle perhaps you can somehow find a way to realize that in many ways you still are indeed relatively fortunate.

warpigM-4
11-18-12, 14:23
Never been down your particular road so I had nothing of value to offer, but due to difficult circumstances I had help dealing with here years ago I can somewhat relate to how you feel regarding the support.

Very best of luck with the unfortunate, bastard injury. Not fair by any means, but when you take a moment to consider Army Chief's immense struggle perhaps you can somehow find a way to realize that in many ways you still are indeed relatively fortunate.

Oh i know i am in no way in worst shape then anyone else. I am fortunate it is not as bad as what Army Chief is going through.( and I pray for him daily )
But as the support goes out to him ,I have had support from members also and that is why I said thank you.

just like in his case everyone here comes together to show support for M4C members and for someone that is feeling like hell and forgotten Just a simple "Drive on brother or prayer sent" means a lot to a person in need .

I have never see a board come together the way this one does for its members .even though from time to time we rant and rave on each other there is still that support that everyone offers .

that was the point of my post not looking for woe is me pity party But a Thank you for the kind words and helping me realize I am not alone in this fight Just like army chief .

members here are behind him 100% it is sad how the Military will drop the ball on veterans when they lead you to believe that you matter and they will be there. But in the end it is other Veterans and Civilians that are the ones that give you hope with a simple word of encouragement

Safetyhit
11-18-12, 21:32
Please understand that I was in no way trying to either minimize your plight or make you feel like you come across as looking for sympathy. Was just trying to help you find a way to make the best of it when it seems like it's always uphill all the way, which you have every right to believe here and there continuously suffering as you do.

Magic_Salad0892
11-19-12, 10:01
Post like this, are one reason I come here.

kwelz
11-19-12, 10:39
Post like this, are one reason I come here.

Agreed. There is something different about the established membership here compared to any other boards I know of.

warpigM-4
11-19-12, 10:47
I didn't take it that way Safetyhit I hear where you are coming from it could be a whole lot worst than it is .

I have found People here are quick to say a kind word or even in the pay it forward thread send folks things they need at no cost .

M4C is the best Gun community on the net ,The Mods take care of the BS and the members take care of each other .it is like the family I wish i had :D

warpigM-4
11-25-12, 11:37
well VA Paperwork filled out !Medical records sent, Letters written lets see were this goes :confused:
Thank you all for the support and the emails of links to help me in this process .

Magic_Salad0892
11-25-12, 15:59
Glad we could be there.