PDA

View Full Version : Build my own setup, or get in the queue for a LaRue Predatar?

Lopro619
11-19-12, 02:59
With a budget around there what would you get. I have heard nothing but stellar things about the Predatars, what do you guys think

BigLarge
11-19-12, 03:32
With a budget around there what would you get. I have heard nothing but stellar things about the Predatars, what do you guys think

Get for what?
Military?
LEO?
HD?
Plinking?

Lopro619
11-19-12, 03:36
Plinking, target shooting. Range gun

Iraqgunz
11-19-12, 03:42
Buy a .22 copy. If you want a serious AR for protection/defense get a Colt or something from BCM.

Plinking, target shooting. Range gun

Lopro619
11-19-12, 03:44
already have my dedicated 22 almost built, trying to figure out if i want to just build a new 5.56, or get an upper or an entirely new rifle.

TehLlama
11-19-12, 11:31
Sit on the money. Make some interest off it. Read a bunch (it's cheap).

When something jumps out at you so badly you can't stand not having it, then THAT is what you should probably get.

Noodles
11-19-12, 12:20
I like the LaRue stuff, but it's a little overkill in price for what you want it for. It's definitely not the worst target gun, but if you want long range target the OBR is really a probably a better option.

Define what you really want the gun for. Then, go with a Colt, DD, or BCM, all of those three are good to go and use all standard parts. I don't think I could recommend the LaRue for a first AR because of the proprietary parts.

Read more. Go with a basic rifle and see where it goes from there.

Alex V
11-19-12, 13:34
I purchased my first AR shortly after Obama was elected the first time (a BM M4-ish ban state rifle)... panic like many others I suppose.

Over time I modified it, then I built two ARs from indidual parts. One was an SPR type rifle and the other was a LW build for my Fiancé. After completing her build I realized just how nice it was to shoot lighter weight rifle than my BM.

I started looking at parts to build a LW rifle for myself, at the time I ordered the PredatAR 5.56 it was $1495 and almost the same money than what I would have spent on parts to build what I wanted. Adding the benefit of resale on a "factory" gun it was a no- brained. The wait was rediculius, 24 weeks. But I could not be happier. In one range session it became my favorite.

Just my $0.02