PDA

View Full Version : 5320.20 And Moving Question

siucowboy
11-19-12, 10:21
I have a question regarding filing a 5320.20 Form for an SBR.

My situation is that I relocated before my firearms (quick job offer and relo, all happened very fast) and I have a new permanent residence even though my SBR has not moved yet.

When I submit the 5320-20, should or can I put my new address (it is a different state) on the form in Part 1, so that the approval comes to my new address? I want to receive it there, and then travel back to my old home over Christmas to relocate my SBR.

I don't want to rely on the renters we have in the old location to receive my approved 5320-20 form for me.

Thoughts?

rjacobs
11-19-12, 14:42
I have a question regarding filing a 5320.20 Form for an SBR.

My situation is that I relocated before my firearms (quick job offer and relo, all happened very fast) and I have a new permanent residence even though my SBR has not moved yet.

When I submit the 5320-20, should or can I put my new address (it is a different state) on the form in Part 1, so that the approval comes to my new address? I want to receive it there, and then travel back to my old home over Christmas to relocate my SBR.

I don't want to rely on the renters we have in the old location to receive my approved 5320-20 form for me.

Thoughts?

When I moved I included a simple letter saying please mail the approved form to my new address and they did.

siucowboy
11-19-12, 15:27
When I moved I included a simple letter saying please mail the approved form to my new address and they did.

Thank you rjacobs - I had considered doing that, I'm glad to hear it worked for someone.

Did you put your old address, the one originally tied to the NFA item on the 5320-20 itself? My concern is that they'll consider it void if there's an address not already tied to the item on the form.

rjacobs
11-20-12, 10:49
Thank you rjacobs - I had considered doing that, I'm glad to hear it worked for someone.

Did you put your old address, the one originally tied to the NFA item on the 5320-20 itself? My concern is that they'll consider it void if there's an address not already tied to the item on the form.

Sorry didnt get back to you until now.

Yes put the registered address in section 1 and 6. Then put the new address in section 7. And check box 2 as "NO".

I then, like i said, typed a letter that I put in with the form that said something like:

I am moving on xx/xx/xxxx as indicated on the form from
old address

to

new address

Please send the form to my new address.

signed

I got the letter back about 3 weeks later at my new address.

hjmpanzr
11-20-12, 23:48
I did the same thing. Called the ATF and they told me exactly what to do one way was as listed above. They were very helpful.