PDA

View Full Version : FN 10.5 inch - Gov't Profile pistol build

RioGrandeGreen
11-19-12, 21:50
Here is a couple of photos of my new PK Firearms FN 10.5 inch - Gov't Profile complete upper and New Frontier Armory poly lower. I got the NFA cheap and decided to try it on my new upper. Ordered the PSA pistol build kit and put it together. PK Firearms complete upper shipped fast.

Don't flame me guys, this is for shits and giggles until I get my tax stamp to make it an SBR. 14186
It was a pain in the ass to install the lpk. I was a virgin! Friggin springs flying everywhere.

First three shots marked in red sharpie from 100 yards in the prone to get a general zero using Speer Gold Dot 223 64 grain
9 shots marked by black sharpie using Magpul sights. Still a little to the right.
This are about 35 rounds from the 25, 15 and 7 yard line for practice and break in.

Overall, I really liked the upper from PK. It looked and felt good upon initial exam/firing. The NFA lower not so much, eventually it will be a .22 for my boy. I had one double feed.
I will play with this range toy and maybe keep it under the seat of my truck.:D

SteveS
11-24-12, 19:40
The pistol shoots nice. I would be pleased with the results

RioGrandeGreen
11-25-12, 14:42
Thanks, I'm getting old, iron sights are getting harder to shoot. I'll probably do a 50 yard zero and leave it like that for now. I am thinking of replacing the Magpul sights with a Troy fixed rear sight for durability.

ccosby
11-25-12, 16:56
Yea I ordered the dd version of that upper from pk. They do ship fast.

Also enjoy the pistol. Do you plan to convert it to a sbr in the future?

NoveskeFan
11-25-12, 17:00
You're going to SBR a poly lower?

robfromsc
11-25-12, 17:24
You're going to SBR a poly lower?

No, he's running on the cheap lower until the SBR comes in (tax stamp). Way I read it.

NoveskeFan
11-25-12, 17:27
No, he's running on the cheap lower until the SBR comes in (tax stamp). Way I read it.

I missed the part where he said he might use it for a 22 build. My fault.

RioGrandeGreen
11-25-12, 20:00
I am not going to SBR the Poly lower! I will put a real lower when I can get my hands on one. The poly lower was just to try out the new PK upper.

markm
11-25-12, 20:04
I picked up the Barrel from PK last week. Shot it friday... VERY pleased with this SBR.

Runs a wide variety of ammo, but doesn't exibit any signs of overgassing like the 11.5 it replaced. Running it with the A5 stock.

Magic_Salad0892
11-25-12, 20:45
I picked up the Barrel from PK last week. Shot it friday... VERY pleased with this SBR.

Runs a wide variety of ammo, but doesn't exibit any signs of overgassing like the 11.5 it replaced. Running it with the A5 stock.

What brand of 11.5'' barrel did it replace, and how many rounds were on it?

markm
11-26-12, 07:23
What brand of 11.5'' barrel did it replace, and how many rounds were on it?

It's a SABRE Defence. Not many rounds on it at all. The thing has got to have a huge port on it. Even with a brake on the sucker it bucks more than this 10.5... And it had an A5 stock on it.

The SABRE ran fine, but was a beast.

Magic_Salad0892
11-27-12, 16:14
It's a SABRE Defence. Not many rounds on it at all. The thing has got to have a huge port on it. Even with a brake on the sucker it bucks more than this 10.5... And it had an A5 stock on it.

The SABRE ran fine, but was a beast.

I heard a lot about super overgassed SABRE uppers. What was the port on it? I've heard they use between .080''-.093''.

markm
11-27-12, 21:26
I heard a lot about super overgassed SABRE uppers. What was the port on it? I've heard they use between .080''-.093''.

No idea...

I have Not pulled the FSB... and have no way to measure a port anyway.