PDA

View Full Version : fn fal malfunction clearance methods

nickrandall48
11-20-12, 13:51
To the tactical users of the FAL platform out there ,what is your preferred method for malfunction clearing with this rifle[misfire,double feed etc] and why[platform specific/comonallity with other rifles].
ANY help appreciated.

nabO
11-20-12, 17:24
Well, the only real "tactical" users of the FAL nowadays are in Africa and South America. Clearing would be similar to most auto loader rifles (rack charging handle, remove mag, etc...).

The only malfunction I see with FAL's on a regular basis is an incorrectly set gas regulator. It's usually because people don't know how to set the gas properly. US made FCG's cause a lot of problems too along with "Bubba'd" FCG's.

What kind of tactical use do you plan to use an FAL for?

nickrandall48
11-21-12, 15:43
Well, the only real "tactical" users of the FAL nowadays are in Africa and South America. Clearing would be similar to most auto loader rifles (rack charging handle, remove mag, etc...).

The only malfunction I see with FAL's on a regular basis is an incorrectly set gas regulator. It's usually because people don't know how to set the gas properly. US made FCG's cause a lot of problems too along with "Bubba'd" FCG's.

It is used for patrol duties in rural and marine enviroment.Since it is used occasionally[I mostly carry a Colt M4A1]I try to have a similar manipulation method with the AR platform.

Doc. Holiday
11-21-12, 16:05

Do DSA's have this problem?