PDA

View Full Version : LMT PISTON AR Questions~~~

kisskaren
11-21-12, 02:13
Hey guys, I just bought a 16" LMT piston upper from a friend! First of all I am very very happy with my DI ARs, but you know just like to try something different...:D

Short Questions:

1)I have a spare lower with Vltor EMOD A5 system (longer and 5.3oz buffer), will A5 works fine with this 16" Piston upper?

2)Do I need gas rings add to the LMT Bolt, to keep it centered in the Bolt Carrier ?

3)Do I need this Bolt Spring from Adams Arms? How about a POF cam pin?
http://www.adamsarms.net/details.asp?sku=SP-BLT

4)Where I can get some spare parts if I want buy some Piston Spring, Rod, etc.

Thanks a lot and happy holidays!

Iraqgunz
11-21-12, 02:25
Please see my responses below. I am by no means an expert on pistons.

Hey guys, I just bought a 16" LMT piston upper from a friend! First of all I am very very happy with my DI ARs, but you know just like to try something different...:D

Short Questions:

1)I have a spare lower with Vltor EMOD A5 system (longer and 5.3oz buffer), will A5 works fine with this 16" Piston upper? Yes, since most pistons are overgassed this should be fine.

2)Do I need gas rings add to the LMT Bolt, to keep it centered in the Bolt Carrier ? Does it require them from the factory? If not, then leave it alone.

3)Do I need this Bolt Spring from Adams Arms? How about a POF cam pin?
http://www.adamsarms.net/details.asp?sku=SP-BLT Why are you adding stuff to this? Did it not come complete?

4)Where I can get some spare parts if I want buy some Piston Spring, Rod, etc. You will have to buy them directly from LMT as far as I know. Although I have seen barrels and stuff for sale in places.

Thanks a lot and happy holidays!

Suwannee Tim
11-21-12, 06:32
You have a great rifle. Go shoot it.

gigag04
11-21-12, 08:23
My LMT MRP Piston is a tank, though it's on the heavy side. Spare small parts should come from LMT as there isn't a standardized Piston configuration.

gan1hck
01-02-14, 16:24
.......didn't realize how hold the thread was...post deleted