PDA

View Full Version : Is the RAM reliable?

Omega Man
11-21-12, 07:16
Someone on another forum mentioned that his M&P was made unreliable when the Apex RAM was installed. Anyone have issues with the RAM in their M&P?

PD Sgt.
11-21-12, 08:10
I have three RAMs installed in my M&Ps, two in 9mm full size pistols and one 9mm compact. I have never had a problem with malfunctions in any of them, and have had no problems associated with the RAM. This is over thousands of rounds fired. If I was permitted to put one in my issued service pistol, I would.

I am a factory certified armorer, and my personal impression was the RAM was a pretty simple solution to improving the reset, and did not seem to create any undue risk of failure.

JSantoro
11-21-12, 08:17
Make an attempt to narrow it down further than just "unreliable," huh?

If "Someone from Another Forum" left it at THAT wide of a broad-brush statement...

The RAM made my M&P *gasp* UNRELIABLE! :eek: Discuss!!

...and couldn't specify the nature/symptoms of this perceived unreliability down to something worth talking about, we need not import Dumbass Cooties from another forum.

JimP
11-21-12, 11:17
Same here - thousands of rounds downrange and not a single hiccup due to the RAM.

C4IGrant
11-21-12, 11:32
Someone on another forum mentioned that his M&P was made unreliable when the Apex RAM was installed. Anyone have issues with the RAM in their M&P?

100% from what I have seen (and I see a lot of them and run them).

My guess is there is some operator error going on.

C4

bobsolla
11-21-12, 11:47
no problems at all with my ram in my full size 9mm m&p.this person has probably installed it incorrectly(user error).all my apex tactical parts have done nothing but made my m&p bad ass!

Sensei
11-21-12, 16:29
Actually, the RAM makes the M&P more reliable in that it gives the shooter a means to manually reset a dead trigger due to a trigger return spring breakage. Admittedly, this is a very rare malfunction.

I have three M&P's with this accessory. I'd put it in every M&P except that it will not fit in certain models that I own.

Omega Man
11-21-12, 19:59
Thanks for the replies gents. Im about to order an M&P from Grant with all the Apex goodies and i want to do so with confidence.

Atchcraft
11-21-12, 20:30
I don't think you can go wrong with that purchase. Apex parts are GTG.

RGoose
11-22-12, 20:49
I've got over 1,500 stoppage free rounds with my M&P 9 with Apex trigger kit and RAM installed. Trouble free? Absolutely.