PDA

View Full Version : Noveske...Cr Lined Stainless Barrel & Chamber?

9DivDoc
09-04-06, 21:22
Pretty exiting stuff...

Noticed today on TOS that Denny's Guns has successfully gotten
one of Noveske's stainless barrels & chambers chrome lined....

Anybody got the skinny on the process...?

tia

Boom
09-04-06, 21:24
Pretty exiting stuff...

Noticed today on TOS that Denny's Guns has successfully gotten
one of Noveske's stainless barrels & chambers chrome lined....

Anybody got the skinny on the process...?

tia

Why would anyone want to chrome stainless? Might as well use 4150 if you're going to chrome something.

Robb Jensen
09-05-06, 04:55
Chrome lining (read less inherently accurate) would seem to negate the whole reason for using a Noveske bbl.

This would equate to putting non-speed rated tires on a Z06 Vette. :(

SHIVAN
09-05-06, 09:33
I'm missing "it" too...

Does anyone know the "why"?

C4IGrant
09-05-06, 09:39
As we all know, SS barrels do NOT have the same life as a 4150 CL barrel. The upside to SS barrels is that they are generally are at least capable of 1MOA accuracy and CL barrels are generally in the 2-4MOA range. So I am guessing that the thought was to take an accurate SS barrel, chrome line it and get a 1MOA (or better) barrel that will shoot for a very long time.

It will be interesting to see how the barrels shoot and think it is great that John is pushing his barrel designs.

C4

K.L. Davis
09-05-06, 11:25
Chrome lined stainless steel barrels go back at least five or six years, they have been subject of military tests for the enhancement of platforms in use, they do have a rather impressive service life.

Hoplophile
09-05-06, 22:57
I guess time will tell whether it gives the accuracy of stainless and the service life of chrome, or the accuracy of chrome and the service life of stainless.