PDA

View Full Version : How many BCM lowers are made/available each year/production run?

HardLuck682
11-22-12, 10:11
Just as the title asks. i was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how many BCM Lowers are produced at a time? It seems they are always on black log, and not taking orders "at this time".

I'm not looking for any smart ass answers, only constructive insight, if available.

polymorpheous
11-22-12, 10:31
You can order complete lowers from gandrtactical and Midwest Industries.

seb5
11-22-12, 10:35
Over the last couple of years I've bought at least 2 blems and 2 standard lowers from G@R. If you watch they seem to show up in stock pretty regularly.

SteveS
11-22-12, 10:38
BCM is a small company . What I found is you have to keep looking on their website daily and when the item is posted in stock buy it. BCM products are worth the effort.

kmrtnsn
11-22-12, 10:57
In a business with so many ups and downs and requiring such a diverse inventory as the selling of AR parts and accessories it is much easier on the cash flow and credit situation for the retailer to make a bunch of small orders, say 12 orders a year of 100 widgits than a single large order in the beginning of the year for a 1,200. Especially true in an industry where there are constant improvements and changes in products. Who would want to be sitting on 10,000 Gen 3 widgits when Gen 4 is released? Not only would cash be unnecessarily be tied up in those 10,000 widgits, they would have to be sold at a lower margin. I'd rather someone like BCM or G and R have a wide selection of fewer widgits that a whole bunch of the widgit I did not want.

polymorpheous
11-22-12, 11:01
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1053

They had some in stock last weekend when I stopped in.
I suggest you call on Friday.

AKDoug
11-22-12, 11:03
You also have to remember that the forgings used by the numerous producers of AR's are made by a significantly fewer amount of forgers.

Many lowers are machined by subcontractors, so that creates another pinch point in the supply chain.

Bottom line, there is a limited supply of lowers available and they are being purchased at a record rate.

Stickman
11-22-12, 11:11
Just as the title asks. i was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how many BCM Lowers are produced at a time? .

I am not going to post what would be considered insider information. I will comment that Paul has mentioned numbers to me, and they are not what I would consider small by any stretch. BCM is doing high volume in an industry with large growth,which is great to see as he is really a good guy.

HardLuck682
11-22-12, 11:16
Stick, thanks. I figured this was the only response that can be let out. I do have two BCMs, I was only wondering since they are always back logged. I'm not looking for one right now, just curious.

...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

Dirknar
11-22-12, 14:31
I've wanted a bcm lower for a few years.. I don't check the website daily but i don't remember ever seeing them in stock..haha.. I'll check the other websites listed, thanks for posting them.

Anomic
11-22-12, 15:54
Removed

AKDoug
11-22-12, 16:12
I bet that number is up a minimum of 50% since 2010. You got a link to look at this info?

Anomic
11-22-12, 16:17
Removed

AKDoug
11-22-12, 16:33
Fun stats...holy cow, Aero Precision knocked out 19,000+ lowers.

HardLuck682
11-22-12, 16:42
Thank Anomic, that's exactly what I was looking for.

HardLuck682
11-22-12, 16:49
And less than 750 for Noveske in 2010

akioty10
11-22-12, 17:03
And less than 750 for Noveske in 2010

That's odd because it seems as though there are more Noveskes available I would have thought at least 10,000.

AKDoug
11-22-12, 18:20
Price point keeps Noveske low on the numbers, but their quality is great. Like BCM, Noveske and Daniel Defense probably doubled their numbers the last 2 years.

rjacobs
11-22-12, 18:20
Aero Precision is the OEM for A LOT of companies. I have heard they are for Noveske, but maybe not anymore. They were doing PSA's for a while as well.

I would bet that that 750 number from Noveske might be their flared forged receiver which I believe came out in very small numbers in 2010. They are probably doing that in house.

I just downloaded the report. Would these be rifles that they paid the FET tax on? Or only receivers that they registered? If somebody else makes their lowers ala Aero Precision making lowers for PSA, who reports the making of the rifle? Aero or PSA?

C4IGrant
11-22-12, 18:23
Lowers are always less of a priority than complete rifles. This is why companies like DD don't even offer then any more.

We always accept e-mailed requests for BCM lowers and have a new shipment of them coming in every single month.

C4

AKDoug
11-22-12, 18:59
WOW!! The number of firearms Ruger makes is astounding.

johnpuga1982
11-22-12, 20:28
Lowers are always less of a priority than complete rifles. This is why companies like DD don't even offer then any more.

C4

I've been curious on way DD doesn't sell lowers anymore. I'm assuming because there's more profit in complete rifles. From my searching, it also looks like they've cut back on their stripped uppers. Haven't seen one for sell in months.

C4IGrant
11-22-12, 20:34
I've been curious on way DD doesn't sell lowers anymore. I'm assuming because there's more profit in complete rifles. From my searching, it also looks like they've cut back on their stripped uppers. Haven't seen one for sell in months.

They can only make so many so the priority is always complete rifles.

DD hasn't offered stripped or complete lowers in over 2 years (FYI).

C4

Iraqgunz
11-22-12, 21:23
I think I have about 20 or so lowers in my safe. Lost track along with the BCGs.

rushca01
11-22-12, 22:04
I think I have about 20 or so lowers in my safe. Lost track along with the BCGs.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not...

Stickman
11-22-12, 23:25
5380 in 2010
897 in 2009
Not "insider information" it is reported to the atf and published.

Your comment appears directed towards me, I said I wasn't going to post insider information. What you posted was old information. See? Two very different things.

Welcome to the board.

Bro KV
11-23-12, 02:27

Well if you decide to dump any, let me know.

northern1
11-23-12, 03:09

I felt ahead of the game with 2 lower sitting in my safe until now lol....

northern1
11-23-12, 03:10
How many lowers does BCM put out a year??.... Not enough.

Anomic
11-23-12, 05:58
Your comment appears directed towards me, I said I wasn't going to post insider information. What you posted was old information. See? Two very different things.

Welcome to the board.

Difference being this years (2011 totals) report is pending release? Generally numbers that are published, and everyone in the idustry knows they are published, arent considered to be a trade secret :dirol:

wetidlerjr
11-23-12, 07:08
Difference being this years (2011 totals) report is pending release? Generally numbers that are published, and everyone in the idustry knows they are published, arent considered to be a trade secret :dirol:

:rolleyes: He said nothing about a "trade secret". He simply thinks it is not proper for him to divulge info that was, most likely, given to him in confidence. Whether or not it will (later) become public knowledge has nothing to do with it. Being a know-it-all SA won't get you far on this site but it's YOUR funeral.

Anomic
11-23-12, 07:18
Removed

Swstock
11-23-12, 08:13
Anyone else notice that out of 1.8 million rifles made, only 76k were exported?

Plus, some of the largest manufacturers arent gun dealers at all?

JSantoro
11-23-12, 08:46
Roger:
answering question of OP=bad
Saying "i know the answer but wont tell anyone"=good

No, that's not it; not sure how you came to that conclusion, since I'm reading the same stuff you are. I have to presume that you don't read well.

Stop posting in this thread; spare us the pointless bickering.