PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26/Trijicon RMR

CANDERSEN
11-22-12, 18:28
Several months ago I had Mark Housel (L&M Precision) mill a Glock 17 and a Glock 19 for RMR's. I have put several thousand rounds through each and am well pleased. I was reluctant to embrace the whole RMR mounted on a pistol thing (just like I was originally reluctant to mount one on my carbine), but my 50+ year old eyes just can't focus on the front sight like they use to. Now with the Glock/RMR combo my shooting has improved substantially.

I use the Glock 17 with a Surefire X300 light mounted on it when I am performing Felony Warrant Service and when conducting surveillance and/or sting operations use the Glock 19 which is either carried OWB or on my heavy vest in a horizontal position so as to have easy access to it while seated in a vehicle. The last two fatal shootings that my section was involved in, were all involving armed suspects who attacked undercover officers who where seated in vehicles while conducting narcotics surveillance.

I am strongly considering having Mark mount a RMR on a Glock 26 for off duty carry. I live in a subtropical environment (Houston, Texas) and most of the year I am in a T shirt and shorts, I have difficulty concealing a Glock 19 (I am approximately 5'8" and less then 160 pounds).

So has anyone mounted an RMR on a Glock 26 or 27? How is it working for you?

Chris

ddnguyen9
11-22-12, 18:34
I would also like to know if someone had a RMR on a G26. I had Mark install a RMR on my G17 and absolutely love it.

Don Robison
11-22-12, 18:47
I've had a few of them in classes and have a private student who has been using one for about 18 months and loves it. It's a nice compact package.

madmike3668
11-22-12, 23:27
I had Mark do the RMR on my 26 about 6 mos. ago and could not be more pleased. I was also reluctant about the whole rmr thing and finally took the plunge. I had a hard time trying to decide whether to rmr my 19 or 26 but since i mostly carry the 26 it was the obvious choice. I live in FL and mostly wear t-shirts and shorts so i wanted an easily concealable pistol with a little more capability than most pocket pistols. The g26 with rmr fits the bill perfectly. I have been getting better with it everytime i shoot and am now making pretty regular 75 yard shots on a sheet of notebook paper. This thing blows my mind! I would strongly recommend the rmr for the g26 and will definately be putting them on a couple more glocks.

randallis260
12-07-12, 23:42
How do you carry it? Have you had any problems with holster compatibility?

ddnguyen9
12-08-12, 01:21
I am still looking for a holster that is compatible with my setup:

- Glock 17 Gen4
- Trijicon RMR (RM06)
- Surefire X400 with DG switch

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/davidnguyen1151/Guns/F0195630-D843-42AE-8E99-578019B8EE7F-28337-000018FFCD52783A.jpg

I contacted SafariLand after I heard they made a holster that was possibly compatible, Model 6354DO (http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6354). Unfortunately, because I have the X400, it wouldn't work. The holster works for the X200 or X300.

Here's a review on it: http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/10/21/safarilands-6354do-awesome-holster-horible-name/

kodiakpb
12-08-12, 01:57

- Glock 17 Gen4
- Trijicon RMR (RM06)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/davidnguyen1151/Guns/F0195630-D843-42AE-8E99-578019B8EE7F-28337-000018FFCD52783A.jpg

I contacted SafariLand after I heard they made a holster that was possibly compatible, Model 6354DO (http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6354). Unfortunately, because I have the X400, it wouldn't work. The holster works for the X200 or X300.

Here's a review on it: http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/10/21/safarilands-6354do-awesome-holster-horible-name/

Just get a RCS Phantom Modular made for the x400. Here is where the RMR sits when holstered. Just heat and form that small area up around the sweat shield.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/08/a7ahybu2.jpg

ddnguyen9
12-08-12, 03:05
Yeah I ordered a RCS holster a few months ago and currently waiting for it. But I also want a drop down holster as well. I don't know if there are any rigs out there that could possibility make the RCS be a "drop down holster".

MFWIC2
12-08-12, 03:14
Has anybody conceidered a High Speed Gear Drop down Holster?
Fits my G22 RMR'd with Surefire X300 perfect.
http://highspeedgearinc.com/products.php?cat=43

madmike3668
12-08-12, 12:39
How do you carry it? Have you had any problems with holster compatibility?

I usually carry aiwb with the holster in the pic, it is a seraphim from Dale Fricke. I also carry with a raven vangaurd 2 sometimes but prefer the seraphim since the tall front sight tends to snag on my pants with the raven. Dale Fricke makes a few different rmr compatible holsters for whatever setup you prefer and they are all top quality.

El Cid
12-08-12, 16:33

- Glock 17 Gen4
- Trijicon RMR (RM06)

Not trying to be an ass - I'm genuinely curious... Why have triple redundant sighting systems? I would just replace the X400 with an X300 and then there are plenty of holster options.

KrampusArms
12-08-12, 19:01
I had Mark do the RMR on my 26 about 6 mos. ago and could not be more pleased. I was also reluctant about the whole rmr thing and finally took the plunge. I had a hard time trying to decide whether to rmr my 19 or 26 but since i mostly carry the 26 it was the obvious choice. I live in FL and mostly wear t-shirts and shorts so i wanted an easily concealable pistol with a little more capability than most pocket pistols. The g26 with rmr fits the bill perfectly. I have been getting better with it everytime i shoot and am now making pretty regular 75 yard shots on a sheet of notebook paper. This thing blows my mind! I would strongly recommend the rmr for the g26 and will definately be putting them on a couple more glocks.

Out of curiosity, what happened to your frame? It looks like it has a chunk missing directly uner the "land" of the second serration in the slide.

okie john
12-08-12, 21:14
I am strongly considering having Mark mount a RMR on a Glock 26 for off duty carry. I live in a subtropical environment (Houston, Texas) and most of the year I am in a T shirt and shorts, I have difficulty concealing a Glock 19 (I am approximately 5'8" and less then 160 pounds).

Someone here has posted a picture of a G26 with an RMR. It seems like a sweet little rig if you like the G26. I tried one and found that it didn't conceal any better than a G19, so you might want to test the G26 for a few weeks before you spend the money to get one milled.

Okie John

ddnguyen9
12-09-12, 02:13
Not trying to be an ass - I'm genuinely curious... Why have triple redundant sighting systems? I would just replace the X400 with an X300 and then there are plenty of holster options.

No worries man. I had a few people ask me this question. First off, I have multiple Surefire X300s/X400s and DG switches installed on a different firearms. My duty firearm is with a X300/ (department doesn't approve lasers for some reason).

This particular gun is meant to be a quick target acquisition (range toy / competition gun), SHTF, wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-there-is a-burglar-in-my-house type of gun. There are a few reasons why I went with the X400 instead of the X300:

(1) When I go to the range, I sometimes engage the light when holding and firing the firearm. Obviously at the range, you don't need the light to be on so I am wasting those expensive CR123 batteries. The X400 has many different settings. One of those settings is to turn the unit completely off. Some people then ask, "Well why don't you just take the whole X300/DG switch off and shoot without it?" IMO, the DG switch changes your grip ever so slightly. Therefore, taking the light off and training without it doesn't make sense. The way you train will be the way you react in a hostile situation. It's all about muscle memory. I want to train with my firearm exactly the way it is set up 100% of the time... I don't want to modify it to accommodate a training session.

(2) If the RMR craps out on me (i.e. battery dies), I can use the X400 laser for the same fast target acquisition. And vice versa. The RMR on my G17 is the RM06 model. It's battery powered and the an adjustable LED. If both the RMR and X400 craps out on me... I will fall back on my iron sights.

(3) The X400 has four settings: OFF, Laser only, Light only, COMBO (light/laser). You can turn the unit completely off during transportation thus preventing accidentally turning it on. Also the RMR can be turned off as well.

(4) When I was in the market for a weapon mounted light during this "custom build", the X400 was sold for a great price. I couldn't pass it up.

madmike3668
12-09-12, 11:26
Out of curiosity, what happened to your frame? It looks like it has a chunk missing directly uner the "land" of the second serration in the slide.

That is from me being an idiot trying to pry up the trigger housing with a punch before i realized the pin was still in:suicide:

KrampusArms
12-09-12, 14:04
That is from me being an idiot trying to pry up the trigger housing with a punch before i realized the pin was still in:suicide:

Oh dang, sorry man! Didnt mean to draw attention to the screw up.

The first day I got my 1911 I idiot scratched it. The WORST idiot scratch I've ever seen. It goes all the way down into the scallop portion in the frame by the trigger.

I'm liking these RMR Glocks. Its amazing they can take the severe beating, being mounted directly on a reciprocating mass of metal.

madmike3668
12-09-12, 16:57
No worries its a glock, its not pretty but it gets the job done. But yes these rmr's are amazing little optics, they can really take a beating. One of my favorite things about it is the way it can be used as a charging handle, use your hand or just rack it on the nearest object and go. I am definately a trijicon fan now.

DocGKR
12-10-12, 23:09
CANDERSEN--If you need a Glock smaller than a G19 for CCW/off-duty use, consider taking a G19 and cutting the grip down to accept G26 mags; it gives you the best of both worlds.

Mag360
02-18-13, 23:53
If he already owns the 26 is the half inch of barrel length worth it? Im a CC'er not LEO and carry a G26 everyday. I have the g19 on my permit as well but with the hot weather in sacramento concealing the g19 with just a t shirt is hard unless i wear it at 5 o clock and then its too hard to grab sitting in a car. Ill admit I have thought of doing a g19 frame chop with a cheap trade in gun.

Fidalgoman
02-19-13, 00:47
I have a 23 and a 27 and have considered RMRing both of them. I think however I'll buy two more and keep the ones that I have as they are with Ghost triggers and Trijicon sights.

Some people don't think there's much difference between the 26 and the 19 in size for CCW but for me the difference is Huge. I love my 27 for CCW but use my 23 as well but less often. I just like the 27 more.

I have two holsters an Appendix IWB and an OWB strong side. The AIWB is far easier to conceal and I don't think an RMR would make much difference with either one. I couldn't pocket carry it as easily but then again I haven't done that for a while anyway.

You might just duct tape a block on the slide and carry it around the house to get a feel to see if you can live with it but everyone I know who've made the switch love it.

TomF
02-19-13, 11:49
CANDERSEN--If you need a Glock smaller than a G19 for CCW/off-duty use, consider taking a G19 and cutting the grip down to accept G26 mags; it gives you the best of both worlds.

This is my preference as well. I find that I really like Glock 19's, so much so that I've sold off my full size Glocks to fund other 19's.

My "summer gun" is a G19 cut to a G26 frame, with an RMR on the slide. My "full size gun" is a 19 with an RMR. I can hide the full size 19 in almost all situations, but for the times when a smaller gun is needed, the cut 19 works really well for me.

praharin
02-19-13, 13:34
Has anybody conceidered a High Speed Gear Drop down Holster?
Fits my G22 RMR'd with Surefire X300 perfect.
http://highspeedgearinc.com/products.php?cat=43

How is this possible? The HSGI holster looks to tall to have the RMR above it, and it's clearly not going to fit inside. Is Gene making RMR compatible holsters? That's exciting news. I'm sending him an e mail presently about a belt only, flap holster. Excitement!