PDA

View Full Version : Does such a mag pouch exist?

Mysteryman
11-24-12, 13:22
So I'm looking for a double pistol mag pouch. Now, I'm looking for one that carries the magazines bullets out as opposed to bullets flat(if that makes sense). Kind of like the Safariland slimline mag carrier(http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=79) except in kydex or Nylon and can be mounted horizontally. I've tried the current offerings out there but the mags laying on their sides are just too big to be comfortable when worn up front.

MM

Fairweather8588
11-24-12, 14:16
I believe the FastMag pistol pouch carries them out, but its a single instead of a double

polymorpheous
11-24-12, 14:29
http://www.itwmilitaryproducts.com/content/fastmag%E2%84%A2-pistol

Mysteryman
11-24-12, 17:14
The fast mag is half way there. I need it mount horizontally and in pairs.

MM

fourXfour
11-24-12, 18:35
So I'm looking for a double pistol mag pouch. Now, I'm looking for one that carries the magazines bullets out as opposed to bullets flat(if that makes sense). Kind of like the Safariland slimline mag carrier(http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=79) except in kydex or Nylon and can be mounted horizontally. I've tried the current offerings out there but the mags laying on their sides are just too big to be comfortable when worn up front.

MM

If you get a chance to see the safariland in person, I believe they can go horizontally and may be available in nylon.

My coworker has a plain leather with snaps that he wears horizontally.

Trying to find part #'s for safariland is a pain, let alone finding what you want in stock.

Mysteryman
11-24-12, 18:44
If you get a chance to see the safariland in person, I believe they can go horizontally and may be available in nylon.

Trying to find part #'s for safariland is a pain, let alone finding what you want in stock.

Thanks for the heads up. I will search around and see what I can find out.

MM

Dave Williams
11-24-12, 21:20
1110gear.com

Mysteryman
11-24-12, 21:56
Am I missing something? I don't see any pistol mag pouches on 1110 gear's website?

MM

TehLlama
11-25-12, 10:45

If you need a P/N from anything Safariland, 10-8 forums has been the best place to look, typically.

MO_Trooper
11-25-12, 14:42
I think your best bet might be to contact someone about a custom kydex mag pouch. You can request a certain retention, get a custom belt clip, etc. Amazing what some people can do with kydex.

Mysteryman
11-25-12, 22:09
I think your best bet might be to contact someone about a custom kydex mag pouch. You can request a certain retention, get a custom belt clip, etc. Amazing what some people can do with kydex.

That was my backup plan if I couldn't find something production.

MM

Dave Williams
11-26-12, 03:44
Am I missing something? I don't see any pistol mag pouches on 1110 gear's website?

MM

Call or email Bill Janson. He makes one trust me it's exactly what you are looking for.

Mysteryman
11-26-12, 10:24
Call or email Bill Janson. He makes one trust me it's exactly what you are looking for.

I appreciate that, thanks.

MM

Michael2007
11-26-12, 22:17
The safari land is available in their six finish which is a plastic/kydex/who knows. I jut took it and mounted it to my 2.25" belt with black zip ties through the vertical loops. Works wonders. Best duty belt mag pouch solution I found