PDA

View Full Version : good LPK?

kstr0h
11-24-12, 22:08
I'm looking for a LPK without the grip and trigger, unless its the ALG ACT. Any suggestions?

GeorgiaBoy
11-24-12, 22:14
G&R Tactical LPK.

You can customize what parts you get.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kstr0h
11-24-12, 22:17
G&R Tactical LPK.

You can customize what parts you get.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

He's all out of stock :(

RD62
11-24-12, 22:49
I believe Brownell's sells a Colt kit just like what you are looking for without the grip or fcg. I think they call it an accessories kit or something like that.

Iraqgunz
11-24-12, 23:07
If it were me I would get QMS trigger, then buy your bolt catch, magazine release and other parts to round out what you need.

lunchbox
11-24-12, 23:09
I just ordered a PSA parts kit with the ALG QMS trigger on BF sale. Not the biggest fan of PSA (personal reasons) buttt, im just after the springs and pins. Trigger, safety, mag release are all going to be swapped out. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/black-friday-ar-parts-sale.html

beenawhile
11-24-12, 23:10
I know you didn't want the grip but this may be close to what you are looking for.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-773-jp-enterprises-lower-parts-kit-without-trigger-group.aspx

MO_Trooper
11-25-12, 00:15
Here's one with the ALG trigger and a Magpul MOE stock for only $89.99. Brownells has it for $89.99 but it has an A2 grip.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/parts-kits/palmetto-state-armory-moe-act-lpk.html

justin_247
11-25-12, 00:40
I know you didn't want the grip but this may be close to what you are looking for.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-773-jp-enterprises-lower-parts-kit-without-trigger-group.aspx

Nice find.

t1tan
11-25-12, 01:16

Anybody have experience with this kit or the PSA kit? I've been waiting on the G&R kits myself and after a while starting to look for alternatives.

discreet
11-25-12, 01:30
Stay away from cheap crap. No spikes, DPMS, etc.

My D/D LPK FCG was defected from the factory, but everything else is solid as heck.

I just picked up a Spikes kit to compare it to D/D, and it's WAY out of spec, plus it comes with some dong looking selector. Luckily the only things I needed from it were the take down pins, springs, mag catch assembly, and buffer stop. Other than that, everything else is coming off the gun for my drop in fcg, and ambi selectors.

Anyways, won't ever recommend anything other than top tier LPK's.

Also, you said you didn't need the grip etc, believe it or not, it's kind of nice to have, as when doing future builds, you can at least get the lower done before you go out and buy grips, etc. NTM, the FCG can be used for a donor/beater gun, or just given to a buddy to help inspire him/her to start buying crap for their build they have been sitting on for months (if you have a situation similar to such that is).

I believe Brownell's sells a Colt kit just like what you are looking for without the grip or fcg. I think they call it an accessories kit or something like that.

To add : Brownells has a Colt kit without what you mentioned, but it's very steep in price considering what it is. You could get a complete D/D kit and gut it out and sell it off for the price and end up with cash in your pocket for ammo.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-amp-action-parts/parts-kits/colt-lower-receiver-parts-kit-prod27064.aspx#.ULHJboZIURo

160$ though... :suicide2:

You'd be better off with a D/D kit like mentioned... considering price and what you get.

JP is on the same level as DPMS, Spikes, and the rest of the "doomsday preppers" list of most wanted "survival" items.

justin_247
11-25-12, 02:02
JP is on the same level as DPMS, Spikes, and the rest of the "doomsday preppers" list of most wanted "survival" items.

That is quite a stretch. Yes, JP specializes in making race guns, but over the past few years I've only heard of one problem with their LPKs, and that was on a non-mil spec billet lower.

My preferred choice? No. My preferred choice is G&R Tactical's LPK (I have two of these kits, and they are very nice indeed). After that, I'd have to choose between a DD (one kit) or Spike's LPK (I have two of these kits and did not encounter any issues with them). I've heard that Stag is a good choice, possibly better than DD or Spike's, and Noveske used to use them, so if you can find a Stag kit, use that.

M4Fundi
11-25-12, 02:41
G&R Tactical is the way to go.
Grant builds his LPKs from the best parts and picks and chooses them accordingly. You can also choose from different LPK's that fit your need.

duece71
11-25-12, 05:14
You may want to look at Specialized Armament. They stock pretty much everything Colt. Could be a little more in price, but if you happen to want all Colt, they would have it.

wetidlerjr
11-25-12, 06:25
G&R Tactical is the way to go.
Grant builds his LPKs from the best parts and picks and chooses them accordingly. You can also choose from different LPK's that fit your need.

But, as mentioned above, not available. :D

Gun
11-25-12, 06:55
Stay away from cheap crap. No spikes, DPMS, etc.

My D/D LPK FCG was defected from the factory, but everything else is solid as heck.

I just picked up a Spikes kit to compare it to D/D, and it's WAY out of spec, plus it comes with some dong looking selector.

Care to elaborate on what was out of spec. The (WAY out of spec) ST LPK fitted just fine in my Noveske (must be out of spec) lower, and the FCG worked fine for a GI trigger (wasn't defective).

C4IGrant
11-25-12, 07:20
He's all out of stock :(

Just till the end of the month (we think).

C4

C4IGrant
11-25-12, 07:25
For me, I only use the following parts in my guns:

Colt
LMT
Ours

In regards to the FCG section of a LPK's, I have no idea why people just don't buy ALG or Geissele FCG's. There is simply to much chance when it comes to GI FCG's.

C4

eperk
11-25-12, 08:24
I used a PSA lpk on my last build. It's ok for what it is. Takedown pins are a little gritty and there is some noise from their buffer tube. Other than that everything else was in spec and gtg. They have all kinds of configurations for their lpk's.
That being said, I don't think I would buy their bcg's or any other critical items. It isn't worth the mony saved.

Toyoland66
11-25-12, 08:57
Brownells also sells a small parts kit which is the LPK minus safety and FCG, this kit comes with the screw type pivot pin so add about $26 for the push style pin, spring, and detent which puts the full kit at $106.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-amp-action-parts/parts-kits/ar-15-rifle-accessories-kit-prod26508.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=COLT#.ULIw02t5mSM

Alternately SAW sells the full LPK for $175

I am a lefty so any lower I build will have the safety selector replaced with a BAD-ASS and some form of ambi mag release. Because of that I don't mind paying a little more for small parts rather than a full kit that I won't use major parts out of.

I have a G&R lpk in my lower currently and would definately purchase it again, it would be nice (hint hint) to see it offered either without a safety selector, or with a ambi safety option for us leftys.

jet66
11-25-12, 10:29
I haven't had any problems with the PSA kits. The triggers are a little gritty at first, but smooth out over time. Not an issue, since you want it w/o FCG.

I'd also like to try one of the G&R kits, I'll be watching for them to come back in stock.

ARonBoard
11-25-12, 11:00
I have used LMT, Stag, PSA, and my newest rifle sports a DD. I have had no issues with any of the three. Although I also swapped the FCG on each.

Currently Brownells stocks DD and someone had a promo code and you can order Stag from Stag's website for $66 I believe. You may be stuck with a grip and FCG with both.

I picked up another lower from grant that will host a 2nd DD I got from Brownells for $72.

rm06
11-25-12, 11:02
After purchasing my first one a couple of months back, G&R LPK is all I will buy from now on. I've used CMT, DPMS, CMMG and PSA and none compare in my estimation.

MO_Trooper
11-25-12, 11:14
Care to elaborate on what was out of spec. The (WAY out of spec) ST LPK fitted just fine in my Noveske (must be out of spec) lower, and the FCG worked fine for a GI trigger (wasn't defective).

I'd also like to hear what problems you saw. I've never had any problems with Spike's LPK's.

mrabe1979
11-25-12, 14:06
PSA has some nice options with their LPK's.

kstr0h
11-25-12, 14:13
I'd pick up the g and r tactical LPK in a second if they were in stock.

krisjon
11-25-12, 18:09
I'd pick up the g and r tactical LPK in a second if they were in stock.

Email Grant and get on his notification list. I think I saw he was hoping for more in soon.

AKDoug
11-25-12, 19:14
Hope he's getting a bunch. I can't be the only one that's on his notification list.

SoDak
11-25-12, 23:10
For me, I only use the following parts in my guns:

Colt
LMT
Ours

In regards to the FCG section of a LPK's, I have no idea why people just don't buy ALG or Geissele FCG's. There is simply to much chance when it comes to GI FCG's.

C4

What are your thoughts on the LPK BCM is using in their lowers? I ordered one for a project and was thinking about getting another one.

Armadillo
11-26-12, 00:00
I just bought the Colt kit from Brownells.

10% off orders over $150 right now with promo:

DU9

discreet
11-26-12, 00:17

Everything basically. Installed them on my A/P lower, and way off, and it's not the lower because my D/D spares fit snug. It fit the same in my LMT lower as well, and my D/D fit snug. Basically, it was just plainly out of spec. Pins basically rotating in the receiver when you move the trigger when you move the fcg, nothing that my CMC pins did, nor my D/D pins. My Spikes pins were WAAAAY loose, IE push them in with your thumb loose, and push them out with a sewing needle loose.

The FCG basically wobbled on the pins. Something that should never happen. Basically I won't touch their kit with a 20 foot pole from here on out. Was basically trying something many don't like on here, and found... I don't like them either. Not sure on their lowers, but if their lowers resemble any piece on my spikes LPK, their QC is scary. But then again, I did also get a defective D/D FCG, and it was found to be defective more lately when I sent it in and they saw some major rounded edges that shouldn't be rounded.

C4

For me, I just buy CMC drop ins. Mine have been packed with mud, snow, ice, and all worked without issue, and for myself, that's enough for me to like it.

C4IGrant
11-26-12, 08:24
What are your thoughts on the LPK BCM is using in their lowers? I ordered one for a project and was thinking about getting another one.

They are very good.

C4

tarkeg
11-26-12, 11:35
They are very good.

C4

What LPK are they using?

C4IGrant
11-26-12, 11:54
What LPK are they using?

Much like us, they pick and choose parts. So their FCG comes from one source and their pins, springs and detents from another.

The main difference is that we use LMT components in critical areas.

C4

tarkeg
11-26-12, 12:02
Much like us, they pick and choose parts. So their FCG comes from one source and their pins, springs and detents from another.

The main difference is that we use LMT components in critical areas.

C4

Thanks, Grant. The post by sodak saying he picked one up confused me. He must have been referencing complete lowers.

C4IGrant
11-26-12, 12:02
Thanks, Grant. The post by sodak saying he picked one up confused me. He must have been referencing complete lowers.

Correct.

C4

SoDak
12-03-12, 19:20

I was referring to a complete lower I bought. Sorry about the confusion. I was interested since parts like the hammer and bolt catch had markings I wasn't familiar with.

Grant, do you expect to have LPK's available soon? I'm looking for one sans a FCG and while I'm tempted to look at one from JP or WOA, I'd like to get one from you.

C4IGrant
12-04-12, 08:23
I was referring to a complete lower I bought. Sorry about the confusion. I was interested since parts like the hammer and bolt catch had markings I wasn't familiar with.

Grant, do you expect to have LPK's available soon? I'm looking for one sans a FCG and while I'm tempted to look at one from JP or WOA, I'd like to get one from you.

Yes we do. Just waiting on mag catches. :rolleyes:

C4

SoDak
12-04-12, 08:35
Thanks for the update. I'm in no real hurry, so I'll just wait until you have them for sale.