PDA

View Full Version : Media Bias Blowback.....

Denali
11-24-12, 22:56
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/11/21/maine-tv-news-anchors-cindy-michaels-and-tony-consiglio-quit-on/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing6%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D237095

Noble, but ultimately futile gesture....The USA is dead, and its never coming back, this is what was needed as the Obama political corruption was emerging, now its to late...

montanadave
11-24-12, 23:51
Noble, but ultimately futile gesture....The USA is dead, and its never coming back, this is what was needed as the Obama political corruption was emerging, now its to late...

Did you even bother to read the article? :rolleyes:

Safetyhit
11-25-12, 07:47

Now that is funny. He must have been distracted by Marxists up to no good somewhere.

TomMcC
11-25-12, 10:24
After reading the story it seems the leftists quit because they couldn't be left more. Axing the global warming stories, No?

glocktogo
11-25-12, 10:55
So they quit a highly public position in a daily market production with zero notice? That would put them in the "do not hire, ever" category for me. Very unprofessional. :(

tb-av
11-25-12, 12:19
After reading the story it seems the leftists quit because they couldn't be left more. Axing the global warming stories, No?

That's the way I read it. Didn't get their way so they take the ball and go home. SOP for the left I believe. Sour grapes from a couple of losers at best.

SteyrAUG
11-25-12, 13:34
That's the way I read it. Didn't get their way so they take the ball and go home. SOP for the left I believe. Sour grapes from a couple of losers at best.

Pretty much.

Eurodriver
11-25-12, 16:05
wtf is the OP talking about?

GeorgiaBoy
11-25-12, 18:04
500? Is that you? ;)

Denali
11-26-12, 19:06

Nope, I skimmed it late, and "uhh" after some adult beverages were consumed! Egg on me!!!!:laugh:

montanadave
11-26-12, 19:41
Nope, I skimmed it late, and "uhh" after some adult beverages were consumed! Egg on me!!!!:laugh:

I appreciate the honest response.

SteyrAUG
11-26-12, 20:22
Meanwhile on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams tonight.

GLOBAL WARMING and how the floods associated with Sandy could be what the future would be like for the entire eastern seaboard.

:rolleyes:

tb-av
11-26-12, 20:29
Yep, saw that. There is definitely a media global warming revival going on.

SteyrAUG
11-26-12, 22:41
Yep, saw that. There is definitely a media global warming revival going on.

I loved how the "scientist" that was sourced was some guy with an internet podcast and not a recognized expert in the field who would tell you that the climate is actually cooling.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/

montanadave
11-26-12, 23:39
I loved how the "scientist" that was sourced was some guy with an internet podcast and not a recognized expert in the field who would tell you that the climate is actually cooling.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/

The Heartland Institute as a source for unbiased credible data from climate "experts"?

Oy, vey! :sarcastic:

SteyrAUG
11-26-12, 23:51
The Heartland Institute as a source for unbiased credible data from climate "experts"?

Oy, vey! :sarcastic:

Yes, I trust a Libertarian think tank more than a "guy with a podcast."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heartland_Institute#International_Conferences_on_Climate_Change

Between 2008 and 2012 the Heartland Institute sponsored seven International Conferences on Climate Change, bringing together hundreds of global warming skeptics. Convention speakers have included Richard Lindzen, a professor of meteorology at MIT; Roy Spencer, a research scientist and climatologist at the University of Alabama at Huntsville; S. Fred Singer, who is a senior fellow of the Heartland Institute[21] and was founding dean of the School of Environmental and Planetary Sciences at the University of Miami and founding director of the National Weather Satellite Service; Harrison Schmitt, a geologist and former NASA astronaut and Apollo 17 moonwalker; and Dr. John Theon, atmospheric scientist and former NASA supervisor. In the first conference, participants criticized the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and Al Gore.[10][22] The BBC reported that the heavily politicized nature of the Heartland conferences led some "moderate" climate skeptics to avoid them.[13]

Of course the BBC is hardly "moderate" themselves.