PDA

View Full Version : My Daughters 1st deer

Watrdawg
11-26-12, 07:35
I took my daughter out this past Friday and she shot her first deer. She took a nice doe and shot it with my 45-70 that Mr. Smith worked over for me. She's 12 and had never shot anything other than dove before so I was kinda worried about her getting really nervous and wounding the doe but she took out both shoulders and the doe dropped in her tracks.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/h2odog/photo-8.jpg

quad
11-26-12, 07:43
Awesome job!! As I told another fella here who's child killed a deer, it's great to see the youngsters getting into hunting. It'll be a memory ya both have forever. Congrats to ya both!!

warpigM-4
11-26-12, 11:16
outstanding Job!!!!tell her congrats on the doe .I know you are proud ,I have a 12 year old daughter who just got to eat some deer Meat this weekend we didn't tell her until after she ate it she loved it .

But she is to much of a animal lover to do what your daughter did .but we still train shooting targets

Watrdawg
11-26-12, 13:32
We ate a bunch of it this weekend also. Went to my wife's uncles farm and and grilled burgers dogs and deer. Deer went before eveything else did.

We have a ton of hogs coming through our area and both my son and daughter want to put one down. It's a competition between the both of them.

RogerinTPA
11-26-12, 14:05
Congrats Watrdog. That is all kinds of awesomeness for your daughter. I bet you are as proud to see her take that deer as she was. I'm glad to hear the kids haven't been converted by liberal tree hugging teachers.

Watrdawg
11-26-12, 14:15
Thanks Roger. I started my kids out running around in the dove fields when they were 3yrs old. They both went duck hunting with me at 6 and its been non stop from there. Thier 1st guns were BB guns at 5yrs old and were shooting 22's the next year. Fortunately they have been the ones pushing to do more and different types of hunting and shooting. Hard not to be proud of kids that love the outdoors as much as I do and on top of that they are good Christian kids, with great grades, are very respectful of grown ups. They don't give each other any quarter but have a healthy competition between each other. They're the first to have each others back and give out congratulations when earned.

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-26-12, 14:53
Wow that's great, is there such a think as wounding with a gun that big?

Watrdawg
11-26-12, 15:01
I'm sure there is. She's shot a lot and likes my Guide Gun. I wasn't worried about the recoil for her. She's shot my 12ga with 3.5" shells goose hunting before and the recoil from it is more than the 45-70. She's a tough girl.

SeriousStudent
11-26-12, 22:55
Wow, and with a 45-70 to boot!

Good work, I am glad you both had a great time. Some of my daughter's favorite memories, are our range trips together.

That is a nice doe. :)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-26-12, 23:30
What an awesome experience, she'll cherish that moment forever. Thanks for keeping the next generation on the right track!

user
11-27-12, 00:12
+1

Awesome !

ccoker
11-27-12, 08:02
that is awesome...
congrats!

nineteenkilo
11-27-12, 23:14
Great job man! She's hooked for life.

warpigM-4
11-28-12, 14:01
when My daughter talks about shooting the boys at school always say "you don't shoot" and then she starts talking about taking down the rifle in detail they are shocked :D
I for one am Glad to see dads teaching their daughters how to shoot and hunt it use to be a rare thing .
Now it is Good feeling knowing your daughter has the skills to feed herself and family and protect herself if need be . I showed my daughter this Picture and she said 'Girls Rock ! She is awesome " I just nodded and said Yelp!:D

Watrdawg
11-28-12, 14:15
Congrats to you and your daughter also Warpig!! Just because they are girls doesn't mean they should'nt have the same skills and opportunities as the boys! One really huge benefit is that the time she and I spend in a treestand or duck blind gives us quiet time to do a lot of talking and listening to each other. Some of our conversations may be picking and poking at each other and others get really deep. During the week, with all that goes on, we don't have that ability often.

Stangman
11-28-12, 16:34
Congrats to her and you! It's good to see more people lately raising their kids with an awareness & appreciation for the outdoors.

usmcvet
11-29-12, 18:16
Congrats to you and your daughter also Warpig!! Just because they are girls doesn't mean they should'nt have the same skills and opportunities as the boys! One really huge benefit is that the time she and I spend in a treestand or duck blind gives us quiet time to do a lot of talking and listening to each other. Some of our conversations may be picking and poking at each other and others get really deep. During the week, with all that goes on, we don't have that ability often.

The time I spent with my son in the deer blind this year was priceless. Glad to hear other dads are doing the same with their kids. Thanks for sharing.

FlyingHunter
11-29-12, 21:12
Way to go! to both of you!

Scoby
12-03-12, 10:41
Way to go young lady!
And dad too, for making the experience happen.