PDA

View Full Version : H Buffer?

SFW
11-26-12, 20:44
Ok, pardon me if this is a stupid question- I'm trying to educate myself. :) (And yes, I did a search before starting a new thread.)

How important is an "H" buffer? I'm working on a CAR gas length build at the moment, and I'm trying to stay with mil spec parts. I believe that the CAR gas system calls for an H buffer (if I'm mistaken, please correct me). Any help on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks!

hec912
11-26-12, 20:51
I had a spikes t2 buffer notice my rifle wasn't locking back after the last round, changed to a h buffer..now my rifle works perfect

VIP3R 237
11-26-12, 21:22
Ok, pardon me if this is a stupid question- I'm trying to educate myself. :) (And yes, I did a search before starting a new thread.)

How important is an "H" buffer? I'm working on a CAR gas length build at the moment, and I'm trying to stay with mil spec parts. I believe that the CAR gas system calls for an H buffer (if I'm mistaken, please correct me). Any help on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks!

It depends on the gun and ammunition used. Whose upper are you using?

If you have an overgased upper such as bushmaster, dpms, rock river, ect and you are using full power 5.56, an H buffer may not be enough. On the flip side if you have a milspec gas port such as Colt, BCM, ect and are running weaker 223 such as PMC the H buffer may be too much. The only way to know for sure if to try them out yourself with your ammo, or get a Vltor A5 system and quit worrying about it.

Iraqgunz
11-26-12, 21:29
Colt, Daniel Defense, and BCM (there are probably others) ship their carbines with H buffers for the most part. As someone pointed out, the make of the barrel is important.

But, it has been my experience that most carbines and midlengths will function with at least an H buffer. That is with .223 and 5.56 ammo for the most part.

SFW
11-26-12, 21:38
It depends on the gun and ammunition used. Whose upper are you using?

The Upper is a PSA. Bravo Co BCG. I will start it out on a RRA lower, until I can pick up a full time lower for this build. I primarily shoot M855 from my rifles. My RRA is mainly a range gun. I am currently working on a HD/SHTF rifle build.

Iraqgunz
11-26-12, 22:15
Well some PSA's have had larger than normal gas ports, so I would probably start with an H buffer and possibly consider an H2. But, that will require a little research on your part.

The Upper is a PSA. Bravo Co BCG. I will start it out on a RRA lower, until I can pick up a full time lower for this build. I primarily shoot M855 from my rifles. My RRA is mainly a range gun. I am currently working on a HD/SHTF rifle build.