PDA

View Full Version : Camoing only the right side of a weapon

Koshinn
11-26-12, 23:47
I think this is the right place for this thread, but if not, let me know.

As a right handed shooter, do I only need to camo the right side of my ar? When slung, the right side shows, the left side is against my body. When I shoulder the weapon, my left arm pretty much hides 99% of the left side of it.

I know it'd look silly, but talking about effectiveness here. The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of multicam stickers I was issued to repair my gear if it ripped or tore. I can stick those on my weapon with some careful cutting to make effective camouflage, but I might not/probably don't have enough for both sides of the weapon.

mkmckinley
11-27-12, 00:09
If you're not in a unit that lets you paint your M4 just leave it as-is. Putting those repair patches all over it will just get you laughed at.

Iraqgunz
11-27-12, 00:17
It will make you look like a goof ball and probably not do anything to actually be effective. I would either paint it, or leave it alone.

HaydenB
11-27-12, 01:21
I'd do random angular strips over the whole rifle to brake up the outline instead.

gunnut284
11-27-12, 05:38
Pretty interesting responses from a place that prides itself in mocking people who care about the appearance of their rifles......

I agree that it would look funny and probably get you some ribbing - but it would probably be relatively effective.

markm
11-27-12, 06:36
I'm moving this thread to AR15.com... :help:

Littlelebowski
11-27-12, 07:04
I think this is the right place for this thread, but if not, let me know.

As a right handed shooter, do I only need to camo the right side of my ar? When slung, the right side shows, the left side is against my body. When I shoulder the weapon, my left arm pretty much hides 99% of the left side of it.

I know it'd look silly, but talking about effectiveness here. The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of multicam stickers I was issued to repair my gear if it ripped or tore. I can stick those on my weapon with some careful cutting to make effective camouflage, but I might not/probably don't have enough for both sides of the weapon.

You are overthinking this.

QuickStrike
11-27-12, 07:07
Would only work if its flannel/denim camo IMO.

Airhasz
11-27-12, 07:17
It should be easier to remove than paint when it has tired.

sapper36
11-27-12, 07:56
I'm moving this thread to AR15.com... :help:

:laugh:

markm
11-27-12, 08:28
This chick RIKES the idea!

http://pics.livejournal.com/chiiyo_rin/pic/00051483

MistWolf
11-27-12, 08:42
I'll admit that my first thought was "That's silly".

I'm assuming your rifle is black. Not that I'm any kind of expert, but my second thought is a little cammo is better than none. If it's tape, I'd lay the rifle down and mock it up to see what it looks like. The other option is to use what you have spread out over both sides and add more tape when you come across it later.

"Go shoot the rifle". That is, try it for yourself and see what happens. It may work for you or it may get you laughed at so hard that you have to take it off. But in all honesty, you'll never know if it works for you till you try

Guns-up.50
11-27-12, 08:47
man, op its likely a no-go you would look a little goofy it was said if your unit doesn't allow paint leave it.... I carried a black one and I was no worse for the ware if your not sf then follow the Beatles advice and "let it be"

If you want to break up the outline of the rifle get some tan furniture for it.

Jaysop
11-27-12, 09:06
man, op its likely a no-go you would look a little goofy it was said if your unit doesn't allow paint leave it.... I carried a black one and I was no worse for the ware if your not sf then follow the Beatles advice and "let it be"

If you want to break up the outline of the rifle get some tan furniture for it.

I only have seen one unit allow custom paint and furniture and they were an H&S company.

Would the armory even allow you to turn in with stickers and stuff on there? My unit wanted everything uniform when back in the armory. Everything! Plus no zip ties...

Guns-up.50
11-27-12, 14:35
I only have seen one unit allow custom paint and furniture and they were an H&S company.

Would the armory even allow you to turn in with stickers and stuff on there? My unit wanted everything uniform when back in the armory. Everything! Plus no zip ties...

Our armory was ran by shit bags that needed to be in hot dog and soda, they didn't care too much as long as we had all our issued gear, but no paint. As far as furniture goes butt stock (if you have m4) and pistol grip are a quick one to change, throw some tan ladder covers and your good to go.

NongShim
11-27-12, 15:26
Save those stickers for what they were intended. Those things are actually pretty useful in that capacity.

Either Krylon your gun, or leave it alone.

gun71530
11-27-12, 15:41
Why even bother if you're not going to paint the whole rifle?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2