PDA

View Full Version : my first project (Noveske basic build)

lindertw
02-18-08, 16:46
My SAW prepped Colt 6920 was getting a little lonely in the safe, so I decided to piece together my second AR:

- Noveske N4 lower
- CMT LPK (both from Rainier Arms)
- Bravo Company M4 butt stock kit (thanks for the install gotm4)

http://mysite.verizon.net/tlinderman/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/noveske_basic.jpg

The trigger checks in over 7# (using my crappy digital fish scale); so I'm sending the trigger group off to Bill Springfield to have it tuned to 4.5# to match my 6920.

Planning on a Noveske Light Carbine Basic upper with perm attached Surefure (and LaRue BUIS vice the Troy flip-up) in the next month or so to finish her out.

nvhunter2
02-18-08, 18:38
good start

Stickman
02-18-08, 19:01
The Noveske lowers are one of the best looking ones out there to my eye, plus John and his crew are great people.

Make sure you update the thread with pics as you work your way through completion.

USMC03
02-18-08, 19:06
Very nice lower, and very impressive pic!!!

S/F,
Jeff

lindertw
02-18-08, 19:07
Make sure you update the thread with pics as you work your way through completion.

will do - the upper is on hold until next month (trying to spread out the cost a bit), but I'll throw up more pics as she goes together.

lindertw
02-18-08, 19:36
Very nice lower, and very impressive pic!!!

S/F,
Jeff

thanks Jeff.

comp1911
02-18-08, 23:33
Nice.

I just ordered 3 Noveske lowers from John @ Rainier myself.

I'm thinking one of them will get SBR'ed :D

Tim_FL
02-19-08, 01:45
Looking good !

jwalk84
02-21-08, 17:11
Nice lower. I have three Noveske lowers and they are great. One of them is in the process of getting SBRed right now. Have fun with the build.

Justin

jayjaytuner
02-27-08, 08:53
i got a noveske lower as well, take some testors paint, & fill in the grooves, sets it off nice!!

lindertw
02-27-08, 19:55
Another week or so before I order my upper, but my LaRue BUIS arrived yesterday along with the usual freebies.

Additionally, my trigger group returned from Mr. Springfield today. After install and ~50 dry-fires the trigger settled in just under 4.5# (down from >7#)... much better.

i got a noveske lower as well, take some testors paint, & fill in the grooves, sets it off nice!!

jjt - not my style, but I saw yours in another thread and it looks good!

lindertw
03-18-08, 18:58
Noveske Light Carbine Basic upper arrived today. I had a short time to give a quick inspection and snap some pics.

http://tinyurl.com/ywff97

*edited - most of the pics were crap and removed for now... I'll repost at another time. Side barrel sling mount and Vickers sling are on the bench awaiting install.

If work permits I'll hit the range Friday morning for sight-in, and then I've got ~1000 rounds loaded for initial run-in over the weekend :D

SuicideHz
03-18-08, 19:24
Did Noveske change the Cross a little bit when they changed their font?

lindertw
03-19-08, 07:47
Did Noveske change the Cross a little bit when they changed their font?

I'm certainly not an expert, but I think the cross did change a little bit. My only reference is this pic (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showpost.php?p=281&postcount=5) as posted by Stickman on another forum.

lindertw
03-21-08, 19:02
got in a little range time today, and I really like this rifle. After sighting her in at 50 yards, I put another 400 rounds downrange in ~1.5 hours.

ammo: Fed XM193, Win Q3131, Black Hills .223 (all 55gr); total round count 420
magazines: PMAG & Bravo Company 30-rounders, Colt & NHMTG 20-rounders
targets: 3"x5" index cards

problems noted:
rifle related = 0
ammo related = 0
shooter induced = 0
magazine related = 1 - the NHMTG 20-rounder I had on hand failed to lock back the bolt after firing the last round.

http://tinyurl.com/ywnky2

420 rounds is hardly a torture test, but to get through it quickly with no issues (discounting that NHMTG magazine) is alright with me. All shots were fired offhand as quickly as I could line up the sights on my 3"x5" target at 25 yards. Every three magazines or so I would let the rifle cool while I swapped out the target. The rifle was wet at the beginning of the range visit, and I put a few drops of oil on the bolt somewhere in the middle of the range visit.

The stock CMT LPK trigger group was worked over and set to 4.5# by Bill Springfield, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I had planned to not clean the rifle until I had 1000-1500 rounds through it, but my OCD set in when I got home and before I knew it I had it torn down and was inspecting/cleaning it :p

I hope to squeeze in some more range time tomorrow afternoon/evening - I've got another 600 rounds already loaded up and ready to go...

=====

*eta: another 480 rounds down the pipe today (22MAR08) with zero issues; mix of Federal and Black Hills 55gr ammo and PMAG & Colt 30-round magazines (total round count is now 900). Dare I say this rifle is almost boring?

Now I'm ready for a class to get out of my comfort zone.