PDA

View Full Version : Volume of Black Friday gun sales crashes FBI system

Doc Safari
11-27-12, 11:41
(I hate using Infowars as a source but at least this is not that far out of the realm of possibility).

http://www.infowars.com/black-friday-gun-sales-hit-new-record-high/

Black Friday gun sales hit an all time record high last week with demand for new firearms so overwhelming that it caused outages at the FBI background check center on two separate occasions.

...the FBI reported 154,873 background check requests on Friday – a 20 per cent increase on last year’s record total of 129,166 checks.

The number of guns sold could actually be double or more that figure because only one background check is recorded per sale even if buyers purchase multiple firearms.

I also noticed several ammo sites I was watching sold out over the weekend.

Oh, well. Panic is the new normal.

Smash
11-27-12, 11:43
When I bought the two Troy Defense carbines from Dick's on Black Friday I had to wait about 10 hours to go pick them up because of how backlogged they were on that system.

VIP3R 237
11-27-12, 23:42
We had some customers waiting over 2 hours to get a response back from BCI. The sportsmans warehouse in town sold 175 guns friday alone.

SMETNA
11-27-12, 23:44
Did this happen last year on Black Friday?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-27-12, 23:50
We waited twice as long as normal for our SW 642 on "Small Business Saturday". I would believe this story!

AKDoug
11-28-12, 01:44
In and out in a flash on Saturday with a new Glock 19. Of course, it was 7pm Alaska time. I imagine most gun stores in the rest of the country were closed by then.

Wake27
11-28-12, 01:52
That sounds like some win to me. Sure, panic buying is increased demand which will likely lead to higher prices in most cases, but that's awesome for national gun support and boosting the economy even a little.

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-28-12, 07:11
In and out in a flash on Saturday with a new Glock 19. Of course, it was 7pm Alaska time. I imagine most gun stores in the rest of the country were closed by then.

Can I ask where you got it up there? My brother is stationed there and he wants one, I told him I would get here and ship to him. If you dont mind pm me the price?

Jon

markm
11-28-12, 08:32
That sounds like some win to me. Sure, panic buying is increased demand which will likely lead to higher prices in most cases, but that's awesome for national gun support and boosting the economy even a little.

That's the only upside to this Asswipe of a President..

More people are wanting to rely on themselves.

Moose-Knuckle
11-28-12, 15:44
It would appear Barry is the Firearm Salesman of the Year five years running . . .

markm
11-28-12, 15:54
It would appear Barry is the Firearm Salesman of the Year five years running . . .

Not even including the guns he bought for the CARTELS! :mad:

Moose-Knuckle
11-28-12, 16:05

OUCH!

VIP3R 237
11-28-12, 16:41

I still cant believe the american public isnt up in arms about this. I guess when you control the media you can do whatever you want.

markm
11-28-12, 16:45
I still cant believe the american public isnt up in arms about this. I guess when you control the media you can do whatever you want.

Unreal aint it? :rolleyes:

Mo_Zam_Beek
11-28-12, 18:02
Unreal aint it? :rolleyes:

Doesn't that seem like a bit of a disconnect?

Granted I have not looked but, what is the correlation between the surge in gun purchases and "new" gun owners?

Also, what is the correlation between the big blue states and gun ownership? Esp "new" gun owners here?

Good luck

AKDoug
11-28-12, 22:57
Can I ask where you got it up there? My brother is stationed there and he wants one, I told him I would get here and ship to him. If you dont mind pm me the price?

Jon I saw a couple at Great Northern Guns in Anchorage for $550. Boondocks sporting goods had one also in that price range. I purchased my actual pistol from an FFL that posts on here, he doesn't have a store front so I'd like you to PM him first. Send a pm to hunt_ak to see if he can help you out.

Doug

NWPilgrim
11-29-12, 04:04
I didn't shop on Black Friday but I did go to the shooting range Black Friday and again on Saturday. This was at the largest gun club in the metro area and usually there is smattering of all types of rifles on the line. Both days last week I was surprised that 90% of them were some form of AR15s (including me). Old guys like me, "kids", father/sons, girlfriend/wives, a lot of different people but mostly AR15s with a couple of Garands (me too) and usually a 10/22 and one or two bolt guns. I would have to say the AR15 is now the American Rifle. Is this a great country or what?!

Belmont31R
11-29-12, 04:16
Glad to know people's right's are dependent on the government having enough people to approve of the purchase....

Rights? lol....not unless you get permission first!

markm
11-29-12, 06:35
Doesn't that seem like a bit of a disconnect?

Granted I have not looked but, what is the correlation between the surge in gun purchases and "new" gun owners?

Also, what is the correlation between the big blue states and gun ownership? Esp "new" gun owners here?

I was talking about the OBAMA cartel Scandal that doesn't seem to be sticking to his Muslim ass.

As far as new gun owners.... shit. It doesn't take much payin attention as a current gun owner to see this. Conversations overheard... the influx of first time AR owners here, the idiots you stumble over if you go into a gun store, relatives who weren't into shooting but now are, etc.

There's a good chunk of new gun owners out there.

Doc Safari
11-29-12, 09:00
Glad to know people's right's are dependent on the government having enough people to approve of the purchase....

DING DING DING!

We have a WINNER!

I was waiting for someone to pick up on this.

What if...what if...certain anti-gun people might "deliberately" allow problems with the FBI background check system as a form of backdoor gun control?

Food for thought.

Jellybean
11-29-12, 23:01
....I also noticed several ammo sites I was watching sold out over the weekend.

Oh, well. Panic is the new normal.

A lot of everything continues to be sold out, at least around online.
You know things are seriously FUBAR when Cabelas begins to have the best prices and availability of certain things....:rolleyes:

Sad but true.
But hey, as long as we're still "the free-est country in the world" (the mentality of which is half the problem right there) it's all good!

Off topic, I'm all for "the more the merrier" when it comes to firearms ownership but I seriously wonder at the longevity of some of the new folk- I think you're seeing a big influx now, especially in the AR market, because at this time they are cool and hip and there's much approval to be gained from your peers (in some circles) by owning one, and being "into guns". Heck, even I know some people who are VERY libtard that have, at the least, dabbled in gun stuff recently.
I think if the current level of approval (or permission, for that matter) wasn't there (or changes) we'll start to see a different picture.
But anyway- pulpit, choir, and all that.

halo2304
11-30-12, 18:57
It was extremely frustrating to try calling into NICS and hear that "all circuits are busy" meanwhile the customer is waiting to find out if they can take their new toy home. We had three people trying to get through. What a crazy day that was!