PDA

View Full Version : Walmart truths, Sig M400 questions etc.

WickedWillis
11-27-12, 22:29
So as everyone is aware from my previous post I am going to buy a new AR as soon as I get my Christmas bonus this year and I have picked the brains of various people on these forums and got some great insight. I ran into my local gun store today really quick after work to look around, and saw some great rifles and decided to see what they had to say. Now as not to get off on the wrong foot here, these guys are awesome. They run a great range and I have got great deals on both of my Glocks from them and up until today they have given me great and honest advice. I was browsing with a buddy of mine liking at rifles and everything else they have, and I spotted a few different Colt 6920's on the wall and asked to handle them. I have been pretty set that a 6920 is the rifle I'm going to buy and just wanted a little more fondling time before I buy. I began talking with one of the guys there and I started to pick his brain on AR's and his opinions on things. They were selling the 6929 for around $1600 it does have an LE lower though. I told him that my local Walmart has the same gun (minus the LE lower) for about $1090. He told me that there are several guns at lower prices at Walmart because of deals they have with certain companies (colt, sig, bushmaster) and that they are lesser, and more cheaply built with non quality parts. An example was he told me that the sig M400's barrels were made by mossberg and not by sig. I wasn't surprised by these statements as I've heard them before. Are there any merits to walmarts' AR's and ammo being just cheap and dumbed down? Also, I got to handle the Sig M400 for the 1st time today and I really liked how it felt, even better than the Colt 6920. I like the weight, the ambi sling mount points and yeah I just really liked the gun. Soon I am going to go and put some rounds through both of them and see which one I will take home. So, with that being said what are the complaints other than the elitist nit-picking on the Sig AR platform? The rifle has a chrome-lined barrel, and I believe it is 100 percent mil-spec. I browsed a Few forums on the topic, and didn't really see what the answers I needed. Thanks again guys!

kwg020
11-27-12, 22:34
Walmart also sells the LE verision of the Colt for about $100 dollars more and it's the real thing from Colt. No substitute parts regardless of what others tell you. 100% Milspec. kwg

Dustin Cantrell
11-27-12, 22:35
Walmart isn't selling guns with lower quality parts than the same model that your LGS is selling. If you like the Colt 6920, buy it from Walmart and buy a case of ammo and then some with the savings over your LGS. I certainly wouldn't pay over $500 more for an LE marked lower.

VIP3R 237
11-27-12, 22:48
First of all $1600 is waaaaayy too high for a 6920. That dealer is a greedy crook, as much as i dont care for walmart i wouldnt give the dealer a cent of my business.

Sig is not 100% milspec, the closest to a true milspec rifle is Colt.

Sigs are decent rifles with a pretty well though out lower, however they are using a AR15 carrier, carbine buffer, and its unknown if the barrel and bolt are hp/mpi tested.

I personally group sig rifles with s&w with quality, better than 80% of the brands out there but not quite top tier.

scoutfsu99
11-27-12, 22:58
He lied to you so you would buy from him and pay his significant mark up. Remember that for dealing or not dealing with him in the future. What else is he going to lie about in order to take your money?

Merle
11-27-12, 23:21
Typical gun store dumb ass. That's why I don't go to some of the gun stores I used to go to that are near me. I'd rather buy my stuff online.

Traveshamockery
11-27-12, 23:22
$1,600 is a RIDICULOUS price for a 6920. Don't pay more than $1,100 for one.

Split66
11-28-12, 00:49
I take it he sells these too?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Bong.svg/200px-Bong.svg.png

Just buy the Colt. At a reasonable price. Spend the extra money on ammo, training, an optic, some beef jerky whatever, not that dumbass rape artist.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 01:12
A guy at my range was shooting a new Sig.
It constantly failed to lock back on empty.
The upper and lower needed a tool to field strip they were so tight.

Buy the Colt.

Iraqgunz
11-28-12, 01:13
utilizing the search function the question would have also been answered for the record your local gun store is smoking the substance which contains THC.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 01:15
utilizing the search function the question would have also been answered for the record your local gun store is smoking the substance which contains THC.

That's generous.
I'd say they are smoking crack!

Split66
11-28-12, 01:36
That's generous.
I'd say they are smoking crack!

It's rampant. Found this today on my local PA boards

Colt LE 6920 With Restricted Roll Mark (New in Box)
This Colt M4 carbine is equipped with it all! Full DoD-approved quality control standards, a four-position collapsible stock, 16” heavy barrel with birdcage flash suppressor, full M16 bolt carrier, detachable carrying handle/flat top receiver, bayonet lug, sling, cleaning kit and 2-Colt 20Rd magazines. New in Box.

This rifle has all the features that made it a prime target for the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban. During the ban, Colt started stamping the LE 6920's the following roll mark:

“Restricted Military / Government Law Enforcement / Export Use Only”

Once the ban sunsetted, these rifles became available to the general public but Colt still left the roll mark on until earlier this year. Now the rifles are no longer produced with the 'Restricted' roll mark.

This rifle is an investment as a collector item due to the roll mark, and also as a bet against the new assault weapon ban that Obama promised in the debates. Naturally, if worse comes to worst, you have a top-quality/military grade defensive weapon. Most people worry about protecting their investments; this is an investment that will protect you.

$2250

Cocaine is a hell of a drug........:)

WickedWillis
11-28-12, 02:07
Thank you guys I knew I would get some good opinions here. As of now $1100 is probably going to be my ceiling and that's after tax. I would only add a sling and maybe change out the pistol grip because the standard AR grip doesn't fit right in my hands. I've got plenty of mags and ammo here from my last AR so I'm good on that for now also. I will need a rifle that will require whatever ammo I feed it and some oil every once in awhile. Okay, next question. I've gotten 2 quotes from some local FFL guys and the lowest was a 6920 for $1300. Also, Walmart had one a few weeks ago, and they said they would be bringing them in a lot more. So, there is no quality issues with the Wal Mart Colt then? Who owns one with AR experience here? And if there's anyone here who knows a good place with good prices in the Coeur D' Alene-Spokane area? Thanks again guys.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 02:17
And as far as the Colts at Wal-mart being made with cheaper materials goes...
Your gun store guys are full of shit.

It's called buying power.
Wal-mart has it.
Your gun store doesn't.
The US government pays around $700 for a Colt M4.
Again, this is because of their buying power.

Rowland_P
11-28-12, 05:14
A guy at my range was shooting a new Sig.
It constantly failed to lock back on empty.
The upper and lower needed a tool to field strip they were so tight.

Buy the Colt.

I have never, on any website or on the range, seen or heard of anyone complain that their Sig M400 "failed to lock back" - ever. And I've seen quite a few M400s. Addionally, I've never seen one that needed a "tool" to field strip. Mine, and every other one I've examined, break down as easily as my Colt.

This website seems so reflexively anti-Sig that half the stuff I read on it about Sig must be taken as bullshit.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 05:18
I have never, on any website or on the range, seen or heard of anyone complain that their Sig M400 "failed to lock back" - ever. And I've seen quite a few M400s. Addionally, I've never seen one that needed a "tool" to field strip. Mine, and every other one I've examined, break down as easily as my Colt.

This website seems so reflexively anti-Sig that half the stuff I read on it about Sig must be taken as bullshit.

You don't even know me, and you just called me a liar.

Well, I guess I really didn't field strip this guy's rifle to check his buffer, action spring, gas key, gas tube, etc.
I also didn't let him use my mags and ammo to see if it was an issue.

Must have been a dream.
:rolleyes:

Get over yourself.
If YOUR rifle runs, good for you.
This guys rifle had problem right out of the box.

LRB45
11-28-12, 06:00
I have heard that Walmart's TVs are supposedly made cheaper. Truth or not it does make you wonder.

Guns, I hope are all made the same.

Neeco
11-28-12, 06:13

Have to agree with Rowland here. I own the "Walmart Sig M400" and through 1000 rounds, it has never had ANY failure nor failed to lock back. I do NOT need any tool to field strip it either.

What rounds were being used? Failure to lock is typically due to an under powered round, isn't it?

To the OP, the Sig and the Colt, even from Walmart, are great weapons and worth testing yourself. Open minds often save a ton of money, when they are used.

HackerF15E
11-28-12, 06:27
I have heard that Walmart's TVs are supposedly made cheaper. Truth or not it does make you wonder.

The problem here is that there are kernels of truth that have been overblown.

Kernel 1: Ruger at one time did some WalMart-only versions of the 10/22.

Kernel 2: WalMart does do business with some companies, primarily electronics manufacturers, to produce/sell special versions of models which are exclusive to W*M and sometimes cheaper than other versions of a similar product from the same manufacturer. These models have exclusive model numbers.

The problem is, just because W*M does this with a very small set of items, does not mean that it is done with EVERY item.

You can be certain that a Colt 6920 is the same, regardless of where you buy it, including WalMart.

We should start to be suspicious when Colt starts putting out rifles with different model numbers that are exclusively sold at W*M!

whick1
11-28-12, 06:29
My father in law has a Colt that he purchased from Wal Mart when they first started carrying them. He and I have attended 2 carbine classes and our depts. semi annual weapons qualification and his piece of junk inferior parts Wal Mart Colt has been flawless. He has right at 5,000 rds. thru it and it has ran as a Colt or other quality rifle should. He has shot everything from Black Hills, Tap, down to Wolf and Tula and it eats everything as it should.
The reason Wal Mart gun, TVs, etc are so much cheaper is the concept of bulk buying. Just like when one of us goes to PSA, SG, or Aim and buys a case of ammo compared to a couple boxes. The price per box is cheaper the more you buy. Same is true at a much larger scale at Wal Mart. You LGS may buy 15 Colt ARs at a time where Wal Mart probably buys 1,500. It is just common sense that Wal Mart is going get them cheaper which in turn means they can sell them cheaper. LGS can not compete so that is where this bullshit about inferior parts gets started.

As far as the Sig M400 goes I have shot one on 2 occasions. A buddy, who is a very casual plinker, has one. I put a couple mags thru it and it ran OK but as someone else said the bolt did not lock back on the last round. When I asked him about it he said that it locked back about half the time. We tried different mags including PMAGS, NHMTG, and Lancer AWM and regardless of mags about half the time the bolt failed to lock back. I did not try to fix the issue so I do not know what is the cause of it. The way I see it isr why save $100 and buy something that may be OK when you could spend the extra $100 and have the gold standard. Plus God forbid rough times are in your future and yo u need to sell your rifle(It has happened to me) you are going to get a much more fair price for a Colt as compared to the Sig.

ryr8828
11-28-12, 06:40
My father in law has a Colt that he purchased from Wal Mart when they first started carrying them. He and I have attended 2 carbine classes and our depts. semi annual weapons qualification and his piece of junk inferior parts Wal Mart Colt has been flawless. He has right at 5,000 rds. thru it and it has ran as a Colt or other quality rifle should. He has shot everything from Black Hills, Tap, down to Wolf and Tula and it eats everything as it should.
The reason Wal Mart gun, TVs, etc are so much cheaper is the concept of bulk buying. Just like when one of us goes to PSA, SG, or Aim and buys a case of ammo compared to a couple boxes. The price per box is cheaper the more you buy. Same is true at a much larger scale at Wal Mart. You LGS may buy 15 Colt ARs at a time where Wal Mart probably buys 1,500. It is just common sense that Wal Mart is going get them cheaper which in turn means they can sell them cheaper. LGS can not compete so that is where this bullshit about inferior parts gets started.

As far as the Sig M400 goes I have shot one on 2 occasions. A buddy, who is a very casual plinker, has one. I put a couple mags thru it and it ran OK but as someone else said the bolt did not lock back on the last round. When I asked him about it he said that it locked back about half the time. We tried different mags including PMAGS, NHMTG, and Lancer AWM and regardless of mags about half the time the bolt failed to lock back. I did not try to fix the issue so I do not know what is the cause of it. The way I see it isr why save $100 and buy something that may be OK when you could spend the extra $100 and have the gold standard. Plus God forbid rough times are in your future and yo u need to sell your rifle(It has happened to me) you are going to get a much more fair price for a Colt as compared to the Sig.WalMart tires and tv's are actually different and are speced by walmart to lower the price. I know this for a fact.

That doesn't mean that colt would go along with this plan and I don't think they do.

Dacam
11-28-12, 06:54
Can you Sig M400 owners tell me about the mil-spec features.
My buddy has one on order and wants to know if the gas key is prop. staked, is it a m16 carrier or ar15. Is the barrel mp tested? I think that even if its not, he got a great deal and will be very happy.
Thanks for any info on this rifle.

Larry Vickers
11-28-12, 07:08
Guys the logistics involved at Colt to build substandard 6920's for Walmart is unimaginable- I have toured the plant; they are building full auto M4's at exactly the same time as they build 6920's - it would be a nightmare to build a cheaper gun for Walmart

However if you see a Walmart only variant then that is a different story- you can be sure they will be built to a different spec

Just like Talo and others spec out how their carbines will be built Walmart would do the same

All about the price point - with that being said I don't see Colt doing anything to get away from the critical Milspec of items such as the BCG, etc.

Failure2Stop
11-28-12, 07:23

This is asanine.

Mechanical items wear and break.
Production lines have variable tolerances.

Just because your M400 works fine doesn't mean that everyone else's does. The same can be said for EVERY firearm out there.

Split66
11-28-12, 07:35
I have toured the plant; they are building full auto M4's at exactly the same time as they build 6920's

I can see it now.

"Guys.....LAV is here. He brought a shotgun, a dirt mound, a helicopter, and he looks pissed. He says he wants to see some of our carbines........"

:D

airman
11-28-12, 07:47
Just for the record, I am new to the black rifle world and did buy a colt le6920 at walmart. It did not have the law enforcement/military only use roll mark on it but was rollmarked colt defense m4 and had the le prefix on the serial number. I had never even fired an ar type rifle before this purchase but have to say this is the most accurate out of the box and most reliable semi auto rifle I have ever owned. I have over 1000 rounds through this rifle so far, both 223 and 5.56 factory and reloads with no problems at all. I know the big name stores prices hurt the small lgs but with the economy what it is I have to save when and where I can. Unless you can find the colt le6920 for less than $1097.00 you should jump on the walmart deal imho. Good luck with your decision.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 07:53
The LE restricted roll-mark means nothing.
It could say "Sporter" on the side and it would still meet the same criteria outlined in the TDP.

lethal dose
11-28-12, 08:02
To reiterate- the Wally World colts are the same as the LGS colts. Your LGS is a liar and a crook. If it's a non LE lower, it's just a roll mark. Tell your LGS to read this thread. I'll bet he turns three shades of red.

Grizzly16
11-28-12, 08:35
I believe it is 100 percent mil-spec. I browsed a Few forums on the topic, and didn't really see what the answers I needed. Thanks again guys!

You are wrong. A 100% milspec rifle made after 1986 is not for sale to civies.

jet66
11-28-12, 09:01
I believe the newer M4-marked LE6920s don't have the 'restricted...' roll mark on the mag release side that were on the ones prior to the SP6920 version, so that won't have any bearing on 'WM version' vs. 'LGS version.'

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 09:08
Have to agree with Rowland here. I own the "Walmart Sig M400" and through 1000 rounds, it has never had ANY failure nor failed to lock back. I do NOT need any tool to field strip it either.

What rounds were being used? Failure to lock is typically due to an under powered round, isn't it?

To the OP, the Sig and the Colt, even from Walmart, are great weapons and worth testing yourself. Open minds often save a ton of money, when they are used.

You realize that 1000 rounds is a 2 day class for a lot of members here.
Colt>Sig
Period.

Merle
11-28-12, 09:27
You realize that 1000 rounds is a 2 day class for a lot of members here.
Colt>Sig
Period.

How many rounds would you say needs to be put through a rifle before you would give it the gtg blessing? I'm just curious and I'm not being sarcastic. To me, after 1,000 rounds without a failure, I would say a rifle is probably not a pos.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 09:44
How many rounds would you say needs to be put through a rifle before you would give it the gtg blessing? I'm just curious and I'm not being sarcastic. To me, after 1,000 rounds without a failure, I would say a rifle is probably not a pos.

Well I can guarantee that he hasn't put those 1000 round though it in the course of 2 days.
So that variable exists.

I would trust a rifle to be good to go, as a fighting rifle mind you, after running it hard with a minimum of 1000 rounds.
This is my personal thing, many members here may agree or disagree.

If I do carbine drills exclusively, this is only about 5 trips to the range for me.
Same with pistol.

Now let me be clear.
I won't hate a brand, (hate is such a strong word), simply because it isn't chic with the board.
I've had troubles with a brand that is very well loved on this board.
I also swear by another M4C beloved brand.
Has Colt made a stinker?
Sure as hell. There is a thread about an unstaked carrier key floating around the board right now.
BUT, Colt has a proven track record of consistently putting out workhorse fighting rifles.
Sig simply does not.
In my mind, it is an easy choice.

S. Galbraith
11-28-12, 11:57
The US government pays around $700 for a Colt M4.
Again, this is because of their buying power.

Last year's quote from Colt was $825 for a standard M4.

polymorpheous
11-28-12, 12:02
Last year's quote from Colt was $825 for a standard M4.

Thanks for the info.
What is the source?

Still, I wish I could get one at that price!
:)

S. Galbraith
11-28-12, 12:14
Thanks for the info.
What is the source?

Still, I wish I could get one at that price!
:)

Department of Interior pricing on under 100 units.

SgtT11B
11-28-12, 13:37
Did you check with Grant at G&R tactical? I believe you can get a Colt 6920 for right at $1K. I bought mine from him but it was a 6920CA as I live in Kalifornia and it was a $1050.

If Walmart is selling the 6920 for that price and it includes the DROS I would go for it.

Dave

badness
11-28-12, 14:38

As far as electronics go, big box stores do have "differences" about similar items found elsewhere. I remember I was researching a laptop and best buy happened to carry this model. However I noticed that best buy was selling them cheaper. With further research i found that the best buy model had a lower end video card in it. However rifles and computers are completely different animals. I would be shocked if colt actually dumbed down and cheapened up their rifles just so walmart could sell them at a lower price.

Airhasz
11-28-12, 14:54
There are so many WM Colt M4's flying around people would have found differences before now. My buddy has a WM model and I broke it down to clean after several hundred rounds and its exactly the same as my LGS Colt.

WickedWillis
11-28-12, 17:21
This is a big purchase for me and I'm just making sure I am getting it right the first time. I just asked some simple questions. I'm not uneducated in firearms by any means but I am new to the AR platform. I just wanted to learn what i can from you guys, and apply that knowledge to getting the right rifle this time. The only choice it looks like I am presented with in my budget it the Colt 6920.

HackerF15E
11-28-12, 17:29
Did you check with Grant at G&R tactical? I believe you can get a Colt 6920 for right at $1K.

Weren't showing in stock as of last night.

Ryno12
11-28-12, 18:09
It's rampant. Found this today on my local PA boards

Colt LE 6920 With Restricted Roll Mark (New in Box)
This Colt M4 carbine is equipped with it all! Full DoD-approved quality control standards, a four-position collapsible stock, 16” heavy barrel with birdcage flash suppressor, full M16 bolt carrier, detachable carrying handle/flat top receiver, bayonet lug, sling, cleaning kit and 2-Colt 20Rd magazines. New in Box.

This rifle has all the features that made it a prime target for the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban. During the ban, Colt started stamping the LE 6920's the following roll mark:

“Restricted Military / Government Law Enforcement / Export Use Only”

Once the ban sunsetted, these rifles became available to the general public but Colt still left the roll mark on until earlier this year. Now the rifles are no longer produced with the 'Restricted' roll mark.

This rifle is an investment as a collector item due to the roll mark, and also as a bet against the new assault weapon ban that Obama promised in the debates. Naturally, if worse comes to worst, you have a top-quality/military grade defensive weapon. Most people worry about protecting their investments; this is an investment that will protect you.

$2250

Cocaine is a hell of a drug........:)

Awesome! I just bought a NIB "Restricted" 6920 about 3 months ago for $1200. Sooo... if I wait 3 more months it should be work about $5k. Or maybe I'll just sell it now for $2200 and buy two more from Walmart. Decisions, decisions... :jester:

All kidding aside, I shot the other day with a buddy and his "Walmart" 6920. And guess what... they're identical in every single aspect.

... except mine is worth more than his. :sarcastic:

WickedWillis
11-28-12, 18:31
Weren't showing in stock as of last night.

I have been keeping an eye on this also

Dustin Cantrell
11-28-12, 19:01
WalMart tires and tv's are actually different and are speced by walmart to lower the price. I know this for a fact.

That doesn't mean that colt would go along with this plan and I don't think they do.

Can you back up your statement on the tires and TVs? They way you worded your statement, you are saying that all tires and TVs Walmart sells are different than the same items sold at other retailers. There are certain tires that Walmart has made specifically for them. They have names unique to those tires. Other retailers do this whether it's tires, TVs, appliances, etc. I assure you that if you buy a Michelin LTX A/S tire from Walmart it is the same Michelin LTX A/S every other tire shop sells. You can PM me if you like so that we don't detract from this thread. I'll wait for the facts.

The Colt LE6920 that Walmart sells is the same as what you find in your LGS.

ryr8828
11-28-12, 19:14
Can you back up your statement on the tires and TVs? They way you worded your statement, you are saying that all tires and TVs Walmart sells are different than the same items sold at other retailers. There are certain tires that Walmart has made specifically for them. They have names unique to those tires. Other retailers do this whether it's tires, TVs, appliances, etc. I assure you that if you buy a Michelin LTX A/S tire from Walmart it is the same Michelin LTX A/S every other tire shop sells. You can PM me if you like so that we don't detract from this thread. I'll wait for the facts.

The Colt LE6920 that Walmart sells is the same as what you find in your LGS.

I had a blowout on the interstate. The tire said goodyear. So after I got the guys started to work I went to the goodyear store and asked for an identical tire. They said they didn't have a tire like that, it was a tire made for WalMart. If I wanted one to match I'd have to go to WalMart or Sams. I knew that we got new tires for my truck at Sams, so I went to Sams. They didn't have one in stock. Then I went to WalMart. They didn't have one in stock. Then I went back to goodyear and told them to match it the best they could. The goodyear store would not cover any warrantee on the Sams tire.

I was looking for a big screen tv. Sears had a price match. The Sams tv was $100 cheaper than the Sears. So I challenged the Sears guy. He said the Sams TV had a different model number than the Sears tv.

I went home and looked up Samsung model numbes and sure enough Sams and WalMart had their own line of Samsung tv''s.

That is all I know and it is all my personal experience.

HackerF15E
11-28-12, 19:20
He said the Sams TV had a different model number than the Sears tv.

You're both right -- some items are Walmart exclusive models, and some aren't.

We can all also agree that, currently, the Colt 6920 is not one of them that is different or exclusive.

Dustin Cantrell
11-28-12, 19:32
I had a blowout on the interstate. The tire said goodyear. So after I got the guys started to work I went to the goodyear store and asked for an identical tire. They said they didn't have a tire like that, it was a tire made for WalMart. If I wanted one to match I'd have to go to WalMart or Sams. I knew that we got new tires for my truck at Sams, so I went to Sams. They didn't have one in stock. Then I went to WalMart. They didn't have one in stock. Then I went back to goodyear and told them to match it the best they could. The goodyear store would not cover any warrantee on the Sams tire.

I was looking for a big screen tv. Sears had a price match. The Sams tv was $100 cheaper than the Sears. So I challenged the Sears guy. He said the Sams TV had a different model number than the Sears tv.

I went home and looked up Samsung model numbes and sure enough Sams and WalMart had their own line of Samsung tv''s.

That is all I know and it is all my personal experience.

Goodyear Viva 2, Goodyear Tracker 2 and Uniroyal Liberators are examples of tires that Walmart has made specifically for them. Not all of the tires Walmart sells are made for them. Other tire retailers do the same thing. Walmart gets many of their tires from American Tire Distributors which supplies a huge amount of tire shops with the exact same tires. Like I said, if you buy a specific tire (not just brand) at Walmart, it is the same tire that is sold at other tire stores.

Same thing goes for guns. Walmart sells the same guns that every other gun shop does, if we're talking about the same model number.

MANY retailers have certain items made especially for them to their specs. They carry a different model number and UPC than the similar items. It's not right to state that a certain retailer has all of their items made specifically for them to their specs.

I bet if you had researched further, on the TV you referenced, that Sears had a different item number for that TV than Best Buy or other large electronics retailers had.

Ryno12
11-28-12, 19:33

We can all also agree that, currently, the Colt 6920 is not one of them that is different or exclusive.

This...

I failed to mention earlier that I work for a company (that shall remain nameless) & like Colt, supplies a high end, premium product to Walmart. That product is the same in every way to the product we provide other retailers. If fact, I'd be willing to bet that most products Walmart sells are the same product at other stores. Few are exclusive to Walmart.

93 FOX
11-28-12, 20:11
Wow, too many people know everything! I work in sales and some of our competitors have different models than we do, that doesn't make it a lesser product, it just mean you can't go some where else and get the same model. I have went through Colts, Stags, Spikes, RRA, Dpms, SI Defense, Double Star, YHM, Bushmaster, Noveske, BCM, and Delton rifles and parts. The only part that has ever given me problems was a Delton BCG. There might have been some small differences in accuracy and some small differences in the trigger pull weight but that's about it. Could anyone here tell the difference between 4 BCG's that were properly staked if they didn't have BCM or the pretty little spider on the side? I doubt it. Get the Colt at Walmart, the reason why is because in about 10 years you can sell it to someone on here that knows everything for $2000. ;)

Split66
11-28-12, 20:15
Wow, too many people know everything! I work in sales and some of our competitors have different models than we do, that doesn't make it a lesser product, it just mean you can't go some where else and get the same model. I have went through Colts, Stags, Spikes, RRA, Dpms, SI Defense, Double Star, YHM, Bushmaster, Noveske, BCM, and Delton rifles and parts. The only part that has ever given me problems was a Delton BCG. There might have been some small differences in accuracy and some small differences in the trigger pull weight but that's about it. Could anyone here tell the difference between 4 BCG's that were properly staked if they didn't have BCM or the pretty little spider on the side? I doubt it. Get the Colt at Walmart, the reason why is because in about 10 years you can sell it to someone on here that knows everything for $2000. ;)

http://midnightbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shenanigans.jpg

WickedWillis
11-28-12, 20:26

Well said sir lol

93 FOX
11-28-12, 20:35
http://midnightbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shenanigans.jpg

Don't get me wrong, is there a difference between delton and Noveske? Absolutely. Is there a difference between a Colt bcg and a Bcm? Probably not. My point is when you get to the upper tear of AR15's like Colt, Noveske, Bcm, Daniel Defense, and some others, there's not much difference at ALL. I wouldnt own any of the lower tear stuff like Delton but even the mid range stuff will out last what most people do with there AR's. If you would like to prove me wrong go right ahead. Shenanigans, that's exactly right!

nova3930
11-28-12, 20:48

There's a lot of retailers that pull those shenanigans with model numbers specifically so they don't have to price match. It depends on which retsiler and which item whether they are in fact identical or not.

Never heard of it being done with firearms though... Mackey

hotrodder636
11-28-12, 21:07
This is a big purchase for me and I'm just making sure I am getting it right the first time. I just asked some simple questions. I'm not uneducated in firearms by any means but I am new to the AR platform. I just wanted to learn what i can from you guys, and apply that knowledge to getting the right rifle this time. The only choice it looks like I am presented with in my budget it the Colt 6920.

When you do buy from Walmart, which I had done earlier this year, just do a field strip, thoroughly inspect the rifle. If you don't like a minor detail most will get a different one (personal experience). You will get an excellent carbine of excellent design and quality.

DO it.....DO it..

Iraqgunz
11-28-12, 21:35
This thread has run its' course. LAV and other knowledgeable people have addressed the issue. You do what you want.