PDA

View Full Version : Another Mega Build

Kickin-Ewoks
11-27-12, 23:17
I built this today but I have been gathering the parts for a few months. I have no particular reason for building this rifle other than I wanted to build one with parts I don’t typically use such as; an ACOG, tubular hand guard, and a standard trigger. This will probably ride in my trunk.

Mega upper
Mega lower
Daniel Defense LPK
Daniel Defense M4 CL barrel
Daniel Defense flash hider
Daniel Defense chrome BCG
BCM charging handle
Troy low pro gas block
Hogue grip
MI SS-Gen2 12”
Magpul ACS-L
Cross Tac sling
KAC FG
Trijicon TA01NSN

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n568/jjames7725/New-AR.jpg

dubels
12-03-12, 18:53
How do you like the mega upper and lower combo? I am waiting for their new releases but I have always wanted a mega setup.

Swstock
12-03-12, 21:20
How do you like the mega upper and lower combo? I am waiting for their new releases but I have always wanted a mega setup.

my personal favorite

Kickin-Ewoks
12-05-12, 00:33

I prefer Mega. Mainly because Mega focuses on manufacturing uppers and lowers and they are high quality.

The new version of the Mono rail, from what I have seen, is a two piece hand guard and it’s kinda ugly. At any rate; the original Mono is heavy and I would not build another one. It’s a good concept but then you are stuck with one hand guard, unless you shit dollar bills.

Another reason I use Mega is because of the choices at my local dealer. He carries Mega, RRA, DTI, or Spikes. RRA and DTI are out of the question. Spikes may be good quality but I hate spiders, don't trust pirates, and I'm not a zombie hunter, so I use Mega.

My Mono build, and its heavy! In my opinion the monolithic uppers are over-rated.
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n568/jjames7725/IMG_20120414_165225-1.jpg

Shoulderthinggoesup
12-07-12, 22:28
I love my mega. The quality is amazing and they are priced better than most of the competition.

Here is a HIGHLY magnified shot of the trigger hole I took, just as example of how clean, well coated, and well machined the lowers are.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7028/6393437387_06f41a699d_b.jpg

Kickin-Ewoks
12-07-12, 23:09
I love my mega. The quality is amazing and they are priced better than most of the competition.

Here is a HIGHLY magnified shot of the trigger hole I took, just as example of how clean, well coated, and well machined the lowers are.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7028/6393437387_06f41a699d_b.jpg

I doubt that I will ever use any other brand for my builds, that is as long as Mega does not change their manufacturing techniques and quality control, or LMT doesn't sue them out of existence......bastards.

CatmostFeared
12-08-12, 04:40
I love my Mega also I have 3 of there monolithic uppers a pistol,mid and rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk it spells what it wants

Shoulderthinggoesup
12-08-12, 11:54
Had to do a search about the LMT thing.. Screw LMT for such a silly ass patent. I most certainly won't be buying anything from them.

Sparky5019
12-29-12, 08:51
Nice rifle! I got a couple of MA lowers for a guy the other day; they ate really well made. Interestingly they had a set screw that would bear on the rear pin bracket to keep it tight if you were using another upper. I thought that was a great idea!

Sparky

CCM
12-29-12, 22:07
Kickin, nice build. I was glad to find this post. With all the craziness that has gone on, I was able to pick up a Mega upper at a reasonable price. Haven't built it up yet with the lower parts yet, looks like it will go together like any other AR. Anything I should know before putting it together (the LPK is PSA, all I could find)?

Thanks, and again, nice rifle.

Kickin-Ewoks
12-30-12, 09:37
Nice rifle! I got a couple of MA lowers for a guy the other day; they ate really well made. Interestingly they had a set screw that would bear on the rear pin bracket to keep it tight if you were using another upper. I thought that was a great idea!

Sparky

Hey Sparky,

The screw is a unique idea; however, Ive never needed to use the set screw when using a Mega upper with a Mega lower. At any rate, the play between the upper and lower doesn't bother me much.

I'm lucky to have a Mega dealer within 30 miles of me.

Kickin-Ewoks
12-30-12, 09:43
Kickin, nice build. I was glad to find this post. With all the craziness that has gone on, I was able to pick up a Mega upper at a reasonable price. Haven't built it up yet with the lower parts yet, looks like it will go together like any other AR. Anything I should know before putting it together (the LPK is PSA, all I could find)?

Thanks, and again, nice rifle.

Did you buy a standard upper or a monolithic upper?

I've never used PSA gear so I couldn't tell you if the are GTG or not, it seems like they have a decent reputation on this forum.

CCM
12-30-12, 15:27
Standard.

1slow01Z71
01-06-13, 02:14
I've got one of their matched sets although after buying them I haven't seen any upper and lowrr of theirs that didnt fit well together. Wish I could find a maten set to make a big brother to my current setup.

StewDaddy
01-08-13, 00:00
i would really like to try a mega upper and lower out looks good

Spikele
01-10-13, 23:44
Sexy!!!

I prefer Mega. Mainly because Mega focuses on manufacturing uppers and lowers and they are high quality.

The new version of the Mono rail, from what I have seen, is a two piece hand guard and it’s kinda ugly. At any rate; the original Mono is heavy and I would not build another one. It’s a good concept but then you are stuck with one hand guard, unless you shit dollar bills.

Another reason I use Mega is because of the choices at my local dealer. He carries Mega, RRA, DTI, or Spikes. RRA and DTI are out of the question. Spikes may be good quality but I hate spiders, don't trust pirates, and I'm not a zombie hunter, so I use Mega.

My Mono build, and its heavy! In my opinion the monolithic uppers are over-rated.
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n568/jjames7725/IMG_20120414_165225-1.jpg