PDA

View Full Version : A5 on 11.5 barrels 5.56 and 9 barrels 300 blk

fixit69
11-28-12, 11:50
My searching on the site has led me to these conclusions:

1. The most "reliable" spring for the 5.56 and A5 is the springco
green and the H2 A5 buffer(BCM 11.5 in barrel).
2. The most "reliable" spring for the 300 blk and the A5 is the
white or green springco and the H2 or H3 A5 buffer(AAC 9 in
barrel)
This is with both being suppressed(AAC 7.62).

Is this correct? Users of these configurations please chime in. This is a hunting rig but I would like to know the reliability is there if needed.

markm
11-28-12, 11:56
If I were deploying a BCM 11.5, I'd run either the Standard Rifle spring and Standard A5 buffer... or the H2 buffer and carbine spring.

For the short 300, the only gun I've shot had an H2 carbine buffer and Standard carbine spring. Seemed to run just about right both suppressed and not.

Under no circumstances do I ever run those CS springco springs. The USGI spring is fine.

fixit69
11-28-12, 12:07
Thanks Markm. Just looking at the info and trying to find the the most reliable for this application.

I have to ask, what is it you don't like the springco CS springs?

markm
11-28-12, 12:11
Thanks Markm. Just looking at the info and trying to find the the most reliable for this application.

I have to ask, what is it you don't like the springco CS springs?

I don't like any CS springs... nothing against SpringCo... although I did buy a CS spring once... a "tactical springs" action spring and took a functional gun and turned it into a malf fest.

It goes back to the same reason that magpul went with SS springs in the pmag line too... the CS springs failed the corrosion tests miserably.

If a gun won't run on a GI spring, there's a problem with the gun... not the spring. ;)

fixit69
11-28-12, 12:14
Loud and clear. Makes sense.

Iraqgunz
11-28-12, 14:19
I disagree but I have talked about it enough in other threads. I have been using the Springco springs for about 3-4 years now and they have yet to fail.

fixit69
11-28-12, 14:25
Ok, IG. I think both you and markm are quite knowledgeable. Rather than ask why, what is your take on my take. Correct or not?

WS6
11-28-12, 14:26
FWIW, Mike Pannone seems to have good luck with the Sprinco products.

markm
11-28-12, 15:00
Yep. Gunz likes the damned things. :confused:

He can't always be right... like me. :cool:

Iraqgunz
11-28-12, 15:06
My SBR lower has a Vltor H4 buffer and green Springco spring. I run my 11.5" and 12.5" BCM upper on there with no issues. I have also run a 10" Noveske 300 BLK on there as well. This is suppressed and unsuppressed. I also ran a 20" rifle upper on there as well.

In the end I guess you just have to go with what works for you. Your particular scenario seems to be good to go.

Ok, IG. I think both you and markm are quite knowledgeable. Rather than ask why, what is your take on my take. Correct or not?

fixit69
11-28-12, 15:20
Thanks. Just wanted hear that I was in the ballpark.

By the way thanks for the sbr posts. It answered a lot of questions for me.