PDA

View Full Version : It's time to outlaw bows and arrows

austinN4
11-30-12, 15:49
Casper College Attack: 3 Dead In Wyoming After Apparent 'Bow And Arrow' Attack
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/casper-college-attack-wyoming_n_2219160.html

Safetyhit
11-30-12, 16:29
Not to deflate the OP, but surely we know firearms can potentially be far more dangerous than a bow. Or a knife, or an axe, etc. Otherwise one might suspect that our servicemen would be carrying the latter three as primary weapons here and there.

We're all in this fight together, but rather than exploit this tragedy it might be better to keep things in context. This incident won't change anything.

austinN4
11-30-12, 16:45
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Safetyhit
11-30-12, 17:09
I do that sometimes. Let's just be thankful this isn't England. :)

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-30-12, 17:34
Not to deflate the OP, but surely we know firearms can potentially be far more dangerous than a bow. Or a knife, or an axe, etc. Otherwise one might suspect that our servicemen would be carrying the latter three as primary weapons here and there.

We're all in this fight together, but rather than exploit this tragedy it might be better to keep things in context. This incident won't change anything.

That must be the reason why I always had to get a waver for everyone in my company to bring there knives back from over seas.

Safetyhit
11-30-12, 17:57
That must be the reason why I always had to get a waver for everyone in my company to bring there knives back from over seas.

It's just because a simple minded dope made a bad administrative decision somewhere along the line bro.

vicious_cb
11-30-12, 18:49
Guess what mechanical device would have stopped this dirt bag and his Leolas fantasy?

Moose-Knuckle
11-30-12, 20:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS4gzUblGY

Magic_Salad0892
11-30-12, 20:29
Guess what mechanical device would have stopped this dirt bag and his Leolas fantasy?

I'll take "What is an AR-15?" for $500, Alex.

Moose-Knuckle
11-30-12, 20:42
Pic of a Natrona County Sheriff Deputy on scene, nice SBR and PC.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/NatronaCountySheriff.jpg

SeriousStudent
11-30-12, 21:22
Prayers sent fo the fallen victims.

And I'll wager a very large sum of cash that the gear in that pic is all personally owned and purchased by that Deputy, except for the radio.

J-Dub
11-30-12, 21:25
The one Natarona Deputy I know is squared away, I'll have to talk to him to get some info about this as I didnt even hear about it at work today.

FYI, now the TSA need to be placed at every community college molesting people in search of compound bows and broadheads.

Moose-Knuckle
11-30-12, 21:33
And I'll wager a very large sum of cash that the gear in that pic is all personally owned and purchased by that Deputy, except for the radio.

You would win that wager I'm sure. It would appear the call came out when this Deputy was on his primary duty assignment (CID) and or off-duty. This pic is a great example of an active shooter kit.

AKDoug
11-30-12, 22:17
That possibly was one of the worst written news articles I've ever read. They aren't even confirming a bow was used and it's in the title?

montanadave
11-30-12, 22:27
That possibly was one of the worst written news articles I've ever read. They aren't even confirming a bow was used and it's in the title?

I noticed they've made a few corrections. The article originally described Casper as the hub for Wyoming's "small" oil industry.

Wyoming's oil industry is alive and well ... and it ain't small. :)

1_click_off
11-30-12, 22:34
I have an uncle that lives in Casper, I'll see if I can pick up some local buzz.

austinN4
12-01-12, 07:00
I do that sometimes. Let's just be thankful this isn't England. :)
My fault, actually - I should have identified my OP as sarcasm.

Looking at news reports this AM I see they are now calling it an "edged weapon":

"Casper Police Chief Chris Walsh said an "edged weapon" was used in at least one of the killings. He didn't say more about what type of weapon it was and whether the killer used the same weapon in all of the deaths."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/01/wyo-police-2-slain-before-killer-takes-own-life-in-front-college-classroom/#ixzz2DnwvmGCv

1_click_off
12-01-12, 08:22
Couldn't get in touch with uncle but story from my cousin is there are 2 stories.

First, son shot his father, step mom, self.

Second, husband shot wife and man she was cheating with, self.

But that is the local buzz.

montanadave
12-01-12, 14:22
Latest update has kid stabbing his dad's live-in girlfriend, then going to the community college with a compound bow hidden under a blanket and shooting his dad in the chest in the dad's classroom. Then they struggled, kid stabs dad with a knife, then stabs himself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/casper-college-attack-murder-suicide_n_2223580.html

feedramp
12-01-12, 17:32
It's just because a simple minded dope made a bad administrative decision somewhere along the line bro.

That's precisely how one could explain the assault weapons ban.

J-Dub
12-01-12, 19:32
Word on the street is one of the victims was run through with a sword that basically "nailed" them to the ground.

Again thats only second hand info. For sure some wierd stuff, I'm interested in what the investigation reveals.

3 AE
12-02-12, 11:57
Knives, swords, bow, WTF!!! Is this medieval times in Wyoming? What, no battle axe, lance, or mace? I guess next time. :laugh:

montanadave
12-02-12, 12:08
Knives, swords, bow, WTF!!! Is this medieval times in Wyoming? What, no battle axe, lance, or mace? I guess next time. :laugh:

Hey, folks don't call it the "wild, wild West" for nothin'!

austinN4
12-02-12, 12:46
Knives, swords, bow, WTF!!! Is this medieval times in Wyoming? What, no battle axe, lance, or mace?
At least it wan't a high cap pistol or an assult rifle!