PDA

View Full Version : Modified Glock 19 Gen III Stock Sights

JWebb1
11-30-12, 23:06
I was wanting to get some new sights for my g19, but decided to at least try and modify the stock sights first. I wanted to open up the rear aperture a little so I took my dremel tool and went to work. I used the white bars, already on the sight, as a guide. Then I took some sand fine grit sandpaper and smoothed it out. I personally like a solid black rear sight aperture, so I masked off my slide and used some spray on truck bed liner to paint over the sight and get ride of the white lines. I'm up in the air still on a solid black front sight post????? What I did decide to do with this one though was to take a kabob skewer dab it in some of my wife's red finger nail polish and put a dab right over the stock white dot. Nice thing about this is you can use finger nail polish remover if you don't like the color. I still have some fine tuning on the rear aperture, but for the most part I'm done. I haven't shot it yet, but I have several silhouette targets hung up in my garage in which it seems as though I am acquiring targets faster. Sorry in advance for the bad pics and I'm still figuring out how to upload on here. Let me know what you guys think?!

TriviaMonster
11-30-12, 23:08
Huh, not bad at all. I may give this a go while I'm waiting for the ones I want to come in stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JWebb1
11-30-12, 23:12
TriviaMonster, if you don't mind me asking which ones are you waiting for? Redback Ones???

machman72
11-30-12, 23:20
Nicely done.