View Full Version : Drop in triggers fro AR

BamaB0wM@n
12-01-12, 01:03
Need so help and advice. Looking at drop in triggers for a Bushmaster ORC and a DPMS Oracle .308. Looking at the Timney and the Geissele. Is one better than the other? Have you used them ?. Looking for positive feed back. Thanks..

Airhasz
12-01-12, 01:44
Use the orange search button on the top of the screen. Much discussion already on your question.

C4IGrant
12-01-12, 08:15
Need so help and advice. Looking at drop in triggers for a Bushmaster ORC and a DPMS Oracle .308. Looking at the Timney and the Geissele. Is one better than the other? Have you used them ?. Looking for positive feed back. Thanks..

The Geissele trigger is combat grade so it will be much more durable.

C4

eperk
12-01-12, 08:40
Are you looking for single stage or two stage? I have a Timney 3# single stage in my carbine and really like it.
I also have a Geissele SSA-E in my 18" M4gery. I really like it for precision shooting. It's also a very durable trigger.
If you are looking for single stage I would recommend a Timney 4# or 3#.
If you are looking for a two stage I would recommend the Geissele hands down.

VIP3R 237
12-01-12, 09:11
Geissele owns the market right now if you prefer a two stage. If you want a single stage the Wilson TTU is probably the best choice on the market.

ccosby
12-01-12, 11:55
Both are good choices. I have the Timney in my armalite ar-10. I just wanted a good single stage trigger. I've read the wilsons are also worth looking at although I've never personally used one.

og556
12-01-12, 13:42
I think that triggers are a very personal choice and one that needs a lot of consideration about the purpose of the rifle.

I prefer either a USGI trigger or a Geissele trigger for my rifles.

There has been a lot of good feedback on this forum about various triggers and figuring out which one is best for you.

If you find that a single stage trigger is what you like it is hard to beat an ALG trigger that is well worn in.

I personally like the Geissele SD-E trigger as a good all around trigger. Some may say it is too light for a CQB gun or a home defense weapon but in my opinion as long as you practice trigger finger discipline. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot then they are fine.

The_Hammer_Man
12-01-12, 14:43
If you mean trigger packs as a drop in product. ( I don't consider the "G" trigger sets as drop in. They're replacement parts)

IE, a housing with both the hammer,disconnect,trigger and attendant springs enclosed.

There are several on the market ranging from half assed to "hey that's nice".

Wilson TTU

ARGold

McCormick

Timney

CMC

In that order.. my first choice to last choice.

The reason I've got them in that order is reliability. The ones at the top of the list haven't come back to the shop for repair or replacement yet.

Your mileage WILL vary...

Good luck to you.

baddude15
12-01-12, 19:44
Both my rifles have Geissele SSA-E in them, these are purpose built weapons. awsome triggers, i would look into the SSA however for general use. I also have installed some single stage timney for friends and they are also top shelf. all depends on intended use. I also prefer a two stage trigger for military rifles

Warp
12-01-12, 19:52
I just put a Geissle SSA into my rifle and shot it for the first time today.

It's nice. Noticeably better than the stock ('milspec') trigger.

Zane1844
12-01-12, 20:09
Geissele SSA-E, has served me well, and I love it now!

For me, at least, you do not appreciate the nice trigger pull weight until you switch over. I now pull the trigger on other AR's to see how I like it.

I can, I will install the SSA-E on all my AR's.