PDA

View Full Version : Compact Mag Well for Glock pistols. Looks good.

Magic_Salad0892
12-01-12, 20:35
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1110

I'd be interested in trying out one for the Gen4 pistols, when they start makin' 'em.

Looks small enough to use on a concealed carry pistol.

trinydex
12-02-12, 01:17
for concealment, that adds size in all the wrong places.

Magic_Salad0892
12-02-12, 04:30
for concealment, that adds size in all the wrong places.

It doesn't seem to add any size width wise. Which is what would concern me.

Chameleox
12-02-12, 08:04
I'm using one of these now. Had it for about a week.

It does add a little width to the base of the grip. Not nearly as much as some Glock magwells, but you will notice it. Depending on how you carry, it may not be much of an issue.

I don't think you can make a mag well, for a Glock at least, that won't expand the dimensions of the base of the grip. What this one does is expand it minimally, allowing for easier reloading (especially 1 handed). It also offers enough of the front of the magazine base to get a good grip if you have to strip it, or catch it on a piece of gear to do it with one hand.

trinydex
12-02-12, 12:45
It doesn't seem to add any size width wise. Which is what would concern me.

depending on how u carry is probably the correct caveat to add. I appendix carry so any addition to the heel of the gun shows strongly.

Joe R.
12-02-12, 13:04
I have been running the Sentinel Designs mag well since it's introduction. The only place it adds any real size is to the heel of the grip, for some people this is a consideration for concealed carry, for others, not so much.

Having said that I highly recommend the Sentinel mag well as it is well built and has resulted in distinct improvement in my reload times.