PDA

View Full Version : Replacement M&P 9 Frame?

jonconsiglio
12-02-12, 15:55
So, is it possible to buy a replacement frame for my M&P 9? It's Sunday and figured I'd ask here instead of waiting until tomorrow to call Smith and Wesson.

It's not in dire need of replacement, but there's a few areas I ground deep and would like to do differently if I can get a replacement frame.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I don't see it as an option on that detailed S&W parts list and can't find anything about it through a Google search either....

Jon

Texas42
12-02-12, 16:09
The frame is considered the "firearm" correct? You might be able to buy a frame, but won't you have to go through a dealer?

You might have to buy a new pistol and sell the parts you don't want.

jonconsiglio
12-02-12, 16:18
That's correct, the frame is the firearm. That's what I'm worried about, having to buy a completely new gun. It won't kill me to keep this one, it fits me perfect, but there's a few things I'd like to do differently.

Thanks.

willowofwisp
12-02-12, 18:09
That's correct, the frame is the firearm. That's what I'm worried about, having to buy a completely new gun. It won't kill me to keep this one, it fits me perfect, but there's a few things I'd like to do differently.

Thanks.

I've seen stripped slides available in the past but from what I understand you cannot get a separate frame.

Plato
12-02-12, 19:06
If you decide to buy a whole new M&P 9mm fullsize, I'll buy your complete slide.

snakedoctor
12-03-12, 14:14
Where can I get an M&P slide at?

Sam
12-03-12, 15:10
I don't have my M&P with me at the moment so I can't tell how the serial number is attached to the frame.

I asked similar question to a representative of another polymer gun maker, the name rhymes with "block" :), basically I asked if for some reason the frame I own is damaged, is there anyway to purchase another frame? He said, I would have to return the damaged frame and they will sell me or exchange (if it's a warranty issue) another frame. They would remove the serial number from the old frame and attach it to the replacement frame.

I would assume S&W would sell you a replacement frame if the serial number can be transferred to another frame.

pyzik
01-23-13, 10:23
I know this thread is over a month old but... OP, what was the outcome??

jonconsiglio
01-23-13, 18:48
Outcome so far - picked up another M&P9. But, I will call them within the week to find out and will post back.

pyzik
01-24-13, 08:13
Outcome so far - picked up another M&P9. But, I will call them within the week to find out and will post back.

Alright, thanks.
What got me looking this up was wondering if S&W would honor their warranty on a stippled receiver. I too stippled mine and will do things slightly differently on the one I'm looking for now (M&P9c).

FAB45
01-26-13, 22:57
I don't think you can get just the frame from S&W, they're probably just going to suggest you buy another firearm and use the frame from it. Private sale if you're lucky is probably your best bet.

jonconsiglio
01-26-13, 23:00
I don't think you can get just the frame from S&W, they're probably just going to suggest you buy another firearm and use the frame from it. Private sale if you're lucky is probably your best bet.

Not sure why they wouldn't. Glock does it for $100. I've heard of S&W doing it for others, but usually for warranty work and once for one that a dog got its teeth around.

I have no doubt that gun would sell quickly. I just wanted a fresh starting point to do things slightly different. I currently have three mid size 9mm M&P's and I'm back to Glock for my work guns, so it's not urgent.

FAB45
01-26-13, 23:08
....back to Glock, good choice!

Sorry, my thoughts didn't come out clearly, I'm sure they would SELL you one just not replace it due to alterations you made.

Derek33
01-27-13, 08:45
I called Smith with a similar question and they wont sell me just the frame.

Mate
04-27-13, 18:04
Any update on this?

PatrioticDisorder
01-26-15, 11:10
Has anyone been successful with this?