PDA

View Full Version : Give Us Your Guns & Get Free Flu Shot & -

platoonDaddy
12-02-12, 18:39
Give Us Your Guns, Get A Free Flu Shot - And A Wegman's Gift Card

The city of Worcester, Massachusetts is asking citizens to bring their weapons to the police department next weekend as part of the city's annual "Goods for Guns Buyback Program." In return for the guns, the city will offer gift certificates, and - a free flu shot.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/city-give-us-your-guns-get-free-flu-shot-and-wegmans-gift-card

Mjolnir
12-02-12, 19:50
Awesome. Two prongs of the Globalists: disarmament and gene-modified viruses - usually cancerous - to remove the "useless eaters".

I'm all in.

NOT.

:confused:

SteyrAUG
12-02-12, 23:37
Honestly, I understand I should be opposed to any firearm "buy back" program but truth be told anyone who would trade a gun for a sneaker coupon or flu shot maybe shouldn't actually have a gun.

I really think it would be a lot more effective if they offered NFL / NBA tickets.

J-Dub
12-03-12, 08:30
Give us your weapons and we'll give you a mystery concoction of good stuff.

Funny how all idiots that get flu shots never once ask if it works. They just do as they're told and get one. Fact is they've never guessed the correct strain of the flu virus......ever.

bubba04
12-03-12, 09:18
Honestly, I understand I should be opposed to any firearm "buy back" program but truth be told anyone who would trade a gun for a sneaker coupon or flu shot maybe shouldn't actually have a gun.

I really think it would be a lot more effective if they offered NFL / NBA tickets.

You are absolutely right. If you turn a gun in for crap you do not have business owning a firearm to begin with.

warpigM-4
12-03-12, 10:19
I did read once about a city Buy back program where a shooting club took in all the old broke and parts missing rifles from their Armory and was able to get enough money back to Buy new rifles for youth Shoot club they had Now that was well played :sarcastic:

Doc Safari
12-03-12, 11:09
I absolutely loved the days when the buybacks would give you $50 or $100 for your gun. I'd purloin the most broke-dick relics from friends and relatives for almost nothing and take them to the buybacks. I can't tell you how many times I came home from a buyback with enough money for a case of ammo.

TehLlama
12-03-12, 15:23
I did read once about a city Buy back program where a shooting club took in all the old broke and parts missing rifles from their Armory and was able to get enough money back to Buy new rifles for youth Shoot club they had Now that was well played :sarcastic:

That's a win-win. Nonoperational firearms given to people with no intention of using them (they get their warm fuzzy for 'helping'), and mostly more firearm sales.

platoonDaddy
12-03-12, 17:26
What concerns me with the buy-back-program.

A thief could have stole these weapons and turned them in for monies. It is my understanding, no questions asked and the serial numbers are never checked. Therefore the original owner is screwed. :mad:

SteyrAUG
12-03-12, 17:28
What concerns me with the buy-back-program.

A thief could have stole these weapons and turned them in for monies. It is my understanding, no questions asked and the serial numbers are never checked. Therefore the original owner is screwed. :mad:

Varies from location to location.

I have seen instances where the serial numbers were ALL checked and in those instances where guns were stolen attempts were made to contact the owner.

Suwannee Tim
12-03-12, 18:12

An associate of mine, a cop worked security at a gun buy back. First, buying guns for any reason other than your own use or a bona fide gift is "engaging in the business" and a crime unless you have a FFL. At the buy back he was working there was a gun dealer in the back of the tent looking at each piece and buying the nice guns, the bolt action rifles, sporting shotguns, target guns, et cetera for fifteen or twenty cents on the dollar. The guns were all stolen of course but given the politically correct nature of the exercise and the politically correct nature of the organizer's skin color that was not mentioned. Everyone involved made a nice profit except the schmuck who had his guns stolen.

HackerF15E
12-03-12, 18:20

This just happened this summer in Chicago:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=665334

And the youth shooting camp the money sponsored:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=670341

Moose-Knuckle
12-04-12, 02:35
Awesome. Two prongs of the Globalists: disarmament and gene-modified viruses - usually cancerous - to remove the "useless eaters".

There you go thinking again. ;)

SMETNA
12-04-12, 04:56
Have any if you ever been to a Wegmans? Totally worth it. :lol:

They live about 2 miles from me

HackerF15E
12-04-12, 06:40

The organization Guns Save Life did this earlier this summer in Chicago.

They received about $5,000 in gift cards, with which they bought ammo and rifles for their NRA Youth Shooting Camp.

There are threads over at The High Road detailing both the gun buyback and the camp the money paid for.

http://www.gsldefensetraining.com/photos/GSLJunk2012.jpg