PDA

View Full Version : Good Austin TX FFL?

RIDE
12-02-12, 21:35
Anyone know a good FFL in Austin, TX? (west side would be GREAT, but not a deal breaker)

I'm getting a couple stripped Noveske Gen II lowers I need transferred.

Thanks in advance!

Vgex2
12-02-12, 21:54
I use GT Distributors in North Austin, as I don't do too many transfers. I think they just raised their FFL transfer fee from $15 to $18 per transfer (was $10 a year ago). Don't use them if you need it in a timely fashion though. It takes at least 2-business days for them to process the transfer, and unless you wanna wait more than 2-hours to pick up your stuff, hit them right when they open.

I never go in a rush, so it is not a big deal, for me. I am sure there are better places to use, but they have a decent stock of some nice stuff and good prices. That being said, it is difficult to listen to them regurgitate a lot of tactical crap. That is why I go in the morning, when there are far fewer people. Lunchtime during the week and Saturday is the worst, don't even bother going in.

RIDE
12-04-12, 06:48
Thanks for the info!
I've been in there... Those guys are a little too Tacti-cool for me ;)

C4IGrant
12-04-12, 08:27
I use GT Distributors in North Austin, as I don't do too many transfers. I think they just raised their FFL transfer fee from $15 to $18 per transfer (was $10 a year ago). Don't use them if you need it in a timely fashion though. It takes at least 2-business days for them to process the transfer, and unless you wanna wait more than 2-hours to pick up your stuff, hit them right when they open.

I never go in a rush, so it is not a big deal, for me. I am sure there are better places to use, but they have a decent stock of some nice stuff and good prices. That being said, it is difficult to listen to them regurgitate a lot of tactical crap. That is why I go in the morning, when there are far fewer people. Lunchtime during the week and Saturday is the worst, don't even bother going in.

We send them guns all the time. Easy to work with.

C4