PDA

View Full Version : Picked my new M4 last week.

bryanbag
12-03-12, 12:05
As the title says, I picked up my DDM4 last week.
Big thanks to Joe, M and Mat, M these guy are great to work and are very helpfully. No matter how much I bugged them with build questions and lots of other questions.

Well here are the specs.

1. DDM4 Complete Lower W/ Geeissle SSA trigger.
2. A4 Upper Receiver, Assembly.
3. Barrel Assembly, 18'' Strength 2 Weight (S2W) profile,1.7 Twist, LPG- Low Profile Gasblock
4. Muzzle Climb Mitigator,5.56 NATO
5. Bolt Carrier Group, Chrome Plated
6. Modular Float Rail Assembly 12.0
7. Fixed Front/Rear Sight Combo
8. Vertical Foregrip, Black

Here are the pics.

Rekkr870
12-03-12, 12:25
Good looking rifle man. What's the intended purpose of the rifle? Im really interested in the S2W profile barrels. Let us know how she shoots.

bryanbag
12-03-12, 12:35
Good looking rifle man. What's the intended purpose of the rifle? Im really interested in the S2W profile barrels. Let us know how she shoots.

Main purpose will be 2 and 3 gun competition. Once I get a chance to make it to the range (no clue when I will be able to) I will have a range report.

Bryan

FLAWLS1
12-07-12, 17:31
Looks good! I can't wait to pick mine up.

WickedWillis
12-07-12, 17:38
I am jealous as hell brother. Great looking rifle.

Nightstalker865
01-02-13, 07:50
What's the deal with that barrel profile? Does it fall between their standard and the LW? Good looking AR!

bryanbag
01-02-13, 08:58
What's the deal with that barrel profile? Does it fall between their standard and the LW? Good looking AR!

This is dicectly from DD website.

Cold Hammer Forging of barrels has been known for decades to produce the most accurate, longest lasting rifle barrels obtainable. The Cold Hammer Forging of barrels is accomplished through intense hydraulic pressure applied at opposing angles by carbide steel hammers. During the hammering process, a mandrel is inserted into the bore while the carbide steel hammers shape the barrel around the mandrel creating the chamber, the lands, and the grooves. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, the Cold Hammer Forging process creates a defect free bore and the most consistent chamber possible.

All Daniel Defense cold hammer forged barrels are made from start to finish in our state-of-the-art facility located in Black Creek, GA. In keeping with our heritage of not cutting corners, all cold hammer forged barrels feature a forged chamber and heavy phosphate exterior coating or Salt Bath Nitride Finish. They are all MP tested on-site and are available in multiple configurations which includes barrel only (stripped); barrel with Front Sight Base; barrel with Low Profile Gas Block; and barrel with Front Sight Base, gas tube, and delta Ring assembly (Complete). These barrels will prove themselves to be more accurate and last longer than a barrel that has cut or button rifling.

From what I have gathered, The process from which they make there barrels. You get Bull Barrel performace in a Light Weight Barrel style.
S2W Barrel= Strength 2 Weight

Hope this helps
Bryan