PDA

View Full Version : More Unarmed Men Killed By Man With A Gun...

SteyrAUG
12-04-12, 17:56
Let's here the outcry.

These are both from my zipcode.

Hygens Labidou, who is black, was driving in Deerfield Beach in 2007 when two white men jumped out of their pickup, pounded on his truck and yelled racial slurs. Labidou, still inside his car, fired his gun, striking both men and killing 28-year-old Edward Borowsky.

His attackers were UNARMED and he was not charged with a crime.

In Pompano Beach in 2010, Patrick Lavoie, a white man, jumped out of his girlfriend's car and accused Cleveland Murdock, a black man, of tailgating. When Lavoie, who had a cigarette lighter in his hand, tried to reach through Murdock's passenger window, Murdock fatally shot him.

Patrick Lavoie was UNARMED (unless you call a cigarette lighter a weapon) and Cleveland Murdock was not charged with a crime.

Here is the FL statute involved.

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

Please note that unlike the Martin / Zimmerman case, in these instances the shooter was not even touched by the attacker. They could have simply "driven away" but FL law has no "duty to retreat."

I suspect if you reversed the races the national outcry would still be ongoing. But I doubt anyone outside of Broward County has even heard of these cases.

rojocorsa
12-04-12, 19:12
Glad that the victims were able to defend themselves and not get into trouble. That's how it should be.

FChen17213
12-04-12, 19:38
None of this is surprising. Just look at the news everyday. Our society today is so slanted against the white male, this is the norm. The traditional male wasp is the punching bag and scapegoat of all things today, especially by the news media. None of this is surprising. I watched a video the other day of two police officers struggling with a suspect. The suspect got away and charged the officers even though he was unarmed. The fat female officer shot the unarmed man once. It looked like it may have even been an ND. The suspect died. Both officers were cleared of wrongdoing. The suspect was white and both officers were also white. Race was not an issue. However, let's think about this. What if the suspect happened to be black? Yes, just sit there and think about that for one minute.

Both officers would be fired. The officer firing the shot might face criminal prosecution. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would lose their stuff and be giving speeches. Riots might break out. The police chief of that department might get fired. Our esteemed President might call that suspect a would be son or brother. The Democratic Party would call for political action. The New Black Panther Party would beat up 10 innocent white men at random and get away with it, and the liberal media wouldn't report it. Liberals would applaud the prosecution of the officers and aid in "racial equality" demonstrations. They would say that this is clear evidence that racism is very much alive in America today. Some liberal urban pastor would say, "the police in America today still say that it is their right to shoot an unarmed black man today."

So just as the video shows that shootings can occur with 0 racial bias or motivation, our media and society are always going to make it so when they can. They always make it as white man hurting the black man due to discrimination. Reality is that the white male is being discriminated against on almost every front by the other racial groups and by women. This is a very disturbing trend.

I would also like to add something more casual. Look at the commercials you see on TV. When the ad needs a dunce or dumbass person, they always use a white man. It is always the black guy or a woman who plays the smart one or the savvy person who saves the day. If ads made a woman or minority play the dunce or bad guy or negative role, they would be labeled racist or sexist. The white male truly has become the punching bag and scapegoat of modern society.

FChen17213
12-04-12, 19:46
Just to add one other bit. Now if a white boss wants to fire a minority employee, he even needs to first worry about being accused of racism and how he can have potential defenses against such accusations. How messed up is that? Rather than looking there last, many minorities immediately play the race card and look there first.

If anything, liberals have made this country much much less colorblind. They are the ones who are most color and race conscious. They are the ones constantly playing the race card and conjuring up accusations of discrimination when no such discrimination exists. They have caused people to have to constantly defend themselves, worrying about accusations of racism or sexism.

Moose-Knuckle
12-04-12, 21:42
FChen17213, you are spot on and all this emanates from the radical left. Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals (http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Radicals-Saul-Alinsky/dp/0679721134#_) is essentailly their play book.

Steyr, no link to the story exists but there was a homeowner (black male) who shot and killed an unarmed "kid" (white 19 year old male) with an AR-15 in the street in front of his house for attempting to steal his car's rims. This was in Arlington TX back in the 90's, no charges, no national meida sensationalization, no public out cry, marches, riots, et al.

SteyrAUG
12-04-12, 23:58
Steyr, no link to the story exists but there was a homeowner (black male) who shot and killed an unarmed "kid" (white 19 year old male) with an AR-15 in the street in front of his house for attempting to steal his car's rims. This was in Arlington TX back in the 90's, no charges, no national meida sensationalization, no public out cry, marches, riots, et al.

Honestly, I'm fine with that. I have no affinity for white scum bags who steal shit either. I just wish the racial bias didn't exist at all. I don't have a problem with black, white, asian, etc. people. I have a problem with scumbags who steal your shit and I don't feel better about it if they are white, black, asian or whatever.

I'm sure I'd be just fine with that black homeowner as a neighbor, so long as he's mindful of the background of his shots.

Moose-Knuckle
12-05-12, 03:43
Honestly, I'm fine with that. I have no affinity for white scum bags who steal shit either. I just wish the racial bias didn't exist at all. I don't have a problem with black, white, asian, etc. people. I have a problem with scumbags who steal your shit and I don't feel better about it if they are white, black, asian or whatever.

I'm sure I'd be just fine with that black homeowner as a neighbor, so long as he's mindful of the background of his shots.

Well that's the thing, here in TX people don't cry and get all limp wrist over dead theives no matter what color they happen to be. Hell you can even shoot your neighbor's burglars for them! :D

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374223,00.html

austinN4
12-05-12, 07:21
Well that's the thing, here in TX people don't cry and get all limp wrist over dead theives no matter what color they happen to be. Hell you can even shoot your neighbor's burglars for them! :D

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374223,00.html
Ah, the Joe Horn case. That actually did cause quite an outcry in Houston/Pasadena when it happened. IIRC, a Houston black activist was involved with stirring the pot.

a1fabweld
12-05-12, 08:06
I would also like to add something more casual. Look at the commercials you see on TV. When the ad needs a dunce or dumbass person, they always use a white man. It is always the black guy or a woman who plays the smart one or the savvy person who saves the day. If ads made a woman or minority play the dunce or bad guy or negative role, they would be labeled racist or sexist. The white male truly has become the punching bag and scapegoat of modern society.

How refreshing to know that someone else sees this. I especially like the home security system commercials. The bad guy who breaks into the home of the frightened mom with her young daughter is always a white male. Yes, I imagine if you took a marketing or advertising course, it would be stressed to always portrait the bad guy as a white male because nobody will be offended. The double standard in this country is sickening.

nineteenkilo
12-05-12, 12:14
The double standard in this country is sickening.

Absolutely.

SteyrAUG
12-05-12, 12:44
How refreshing to know that someone else sees this. I especially like the home security system commercials. The bad guy who breaks into the home of the frightened mom with her young daughter is always a white male. Yes, I imagine if you took a marketing or advertising course, it would be stressed to always portrait the bad guy as a white male because nobody will be offended. The double standard in this country is sickening.

I noticed it a long, long time ago. I just got tired of pointing it out to people who don't care or think my pointing it out makes me a racist.

Safetyhit
12-05-12, 14:21
You mean everybody else doesn't realize that the typical hip individual portrayed in main stream advertising now is half white and half black with a hint of oriental?

SteyrAUG
12-05-12, 16:21
You mean everybody else doesn't realize that the typical hip individual portrayed in main stream advertising now is half white and half black with a hint of oriental?

The good news is I carry the genetic code of Homo Sapiens Sapiens so that makes me genetically "African American", I was born in the United States so that makes me a "Native American" by birth and I'm pretty sure I'm probably a lesbian given my short hair, the fact that I dress like a truck driver and am sexually attracted to women.

So on any application I can safely and honestly check "Other."

Anyone know of any good jobs looking for a Native American of African decent with a non traditional sexual orientation?

a1fabweld
12-05-12, 19:27
I noticed it a long, long time ago. I just got tired of pointing it out to people who don't care or think my pointing it out makes me a racist.

See, everything you do that doesn't conform to societys standard of PC makes you a big fat racist. I for one quit giving a shit about that a long time ago. I ripped out my PC filter in my late teens/early 20's. Some times stuff needs to be said but goes unsaid. I often get shit for referring to someone as Mexican, vs. "Latino" or "Hispanic". Then you've got the African-American, Asian-American, etc, etc, barf, puke, hurl. Give me a ****ing break! If someone called me a "Greek-American", they'd be picking their teeth up off the ground.

CarlosDJackal
12-05-12, 19:42
Sounds like a good shoot to me. :confused:

Moose-Knuckle
12-05-12, 19:48
Sounds like a good shoot to me. :confused:

That's what the OP is saying, but due to the racial bias in this country if they were the reverse it would be front page news.

R/Tdrvr
12-06-12, 12:03

Kinda like the DHS "If you see something, say something" safety videos. Instead of a Middle Eastern person as the BG creeping around an airport, its a white guy. Because we all know that white people have commited a majority of the terrorist acts around the world and can't offend those Muslims now can we? :rolleyes:

Koshinn
12-06-12, 14:07
Kinda like the DHS "If you see something, say something" safety videos. Instead of a Middle Eastern person as the BG creeping around an airport, its a white guy. Because we all know that white people have commited a majority of the terrorist acts around the world and can't offend those Muslims now can we? :rolleyes:

I think that's because they're trying to isolate the act, not the person. If you see a middle eastern person and report it, they'd have a ridiculous amount of reports about a middle eastern guy going about his business.

For better or for worse, white males have become the "generic" person in the US media, the person you use when you don't want the audience to notice race or sex. Changing from that makes you notice. It's not because y'all are being discriminated against, but it's because you're the majority and have more power in this country than any other group by far.

3 AE
12-06-12, 14:26
The good news is I carry the genetic code of Homo Sapiens Sapiens so that makes me genetically "African American", I was born in the United States so that makes me a "Native American" by birth and I'm pretty sure I'm probably a lesbian given my short hair, the fact that I dress like a truck driver and am sexually attracted to women.

So on any application I can safely and honestly check "Other."

Anyone know of any good jobs looking for a Native American of African decent with a non traditional sexual orientation?

TSA would be my guess! If you're obese also, then it's a lock.:D

SteyrAUG
12-06-12, 15:36
TSA would be my guess! If you're obese also, then it's a lock.:D

I can do some training at Dairy Queen.