PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have pics of p220 slides with the older extractor from the bottom?

ccosby
12-05-12, 14:00
I've been searching online for a picture of this and just have been coming up blank. Does anyone have pictures of the older milled or stamped slides for the sig p220 from the bottom? Sig replaced my slide and while they are researching why(it was send in for some other work to be done) I'm trying to figure out which one I had before hand.

I'm thinking I had an internal extractor on a milled slide and they replaced it with an external extractor slide(yea I should have paid more attention before I shipped it).

Anyway if anyone can help it would be great. Thanks

John Hearne
12-05-12, 14:12
I can probably get you pictures if you really need them. However, if you look at the safety plunger, you can probably ID the type. The older stamped slide would have had a rectangular plunger. A newer, milled slide will have a round plunger.

FWIW, you don't want a milled slide with an internal extractor. That was a horrible design and cost Sig a lot of LE contracts. The older two-piece, stamped slides with an internal extractor are fine.

If you have a milled slide, you want an external extractor.

fury413rb
12-05-12, 15:35
this weekend after this business trip i can take a picture of mine. I am not sure of its age.

Its been in its case since i bought it.

ccosby
12-05-12, 15:40
I can probably get you pictures if you really need them. However, if you look at the safety plunger, you can probably ID the type. The older stamped slide would have had a rectangular plunger. A newer, milled slide will have a round plunger.

FWIW, you don't want a milled slide with an internal extractor. That was a horrible design and cost Sig a lot of LE contracts. The older two-piece, stamped slides with an internal extractor are fine.

If you have a milled slide, you want an external extractor.

I'm pretty sure they replaced the slide to switch me to the external extractor. I've cleaned around the extractor on the old slide but never really thought of it. I only had 2k or 3k rounds through it. I guess I never paid enough attention to it before hand. The gun fired and that was what was important.

It does get me that sig couldn't explain why they replaced the slide though when I called. The milling on the inside is different which is how I recognized it. I was just trying to get from them if it was a mistake or if they had reason to change it. From doing some reading it sounds like it was to upgrade the extractor. I will not have time to test fire it for another two or three days. Really as long as it is reliable I don't care.

Wildcat
12-05-12, 22:28
Does this help?

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=376&pictureid=2993

If you need a different angle than this, post a photo of your slide and I'll see if I can match it.

ccosby
12-05-12, 22:34
Yes thanks for the picture. The one I had was completely milled out above the extractor. You could see pretty much the entire thing.