PDA

View Full Version : It was bound to happen sooner or later: Pink MOE kit

Moose-Knuckle
12-05-12, 19:46
My wife would rack me into next week if I attempted to give her any pink gun gear. :eek:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/pinkmoe.jpg

http://magpul.com/pinkmoe

bubba04
12-05-12, 19:57
My three year old....when she is six will be down though.

Moose-Knuckle
12-05-12, 20:03
I'm holding out for a pink PMAG, it will go nicely with my baby blue and orange ones. Then I could would have a complete set of It's a Boy blue and It's a Girl pink! :cool:

theblackknight
12-05-12, 20:04
I like it. I want to show up to a high profile class and photobomb everyone's AAR's with my pink stock, and Ke$ha tshirt.

Moose-Knuckle
12-05-12, 20:10
I like it. I want to show up to a high profile class and photobomb everyone's AAR's with my pink stock, and Ke$ha tshirt.

Nice, I would love to see this in a AAR! :lol:

Pork Chop
12-05-12, 20:19
Crap.

My 8 year old daughter is getting an M&P 15-22 MOE & she wanted pink, but I of course told her that they don't come in pink so she'll have to choose from FDE, OD or black.

Way to go Magpul, that's just great! Now I'm either a liar or I get stuck with a pink rifle! Do you hate me? :)

SPQR476
12-05-12, 20:31
I think Fish will be running pink furniture for the 2013 training classes.

I'm holding out for the glitter version. ;-)

NoveskeFan
12-05-12, 20:34
Has the Stealth Gray line been released?

Cincinnatus
12-05-12, 20:35
I think we should pool together and get a set of these for Markm. He'd probably put it on one of his LWRCs he keeps in his secret closet. :D

BobM
12-05-12, 20:36
That would go well with my daughter's M&P9JG but I think she'd rather have it in purple.

SteyrAUG
12-05-12, 20:42
Pink is soooo Cav Arms.

:D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/Ali_5755-1.jpg

RogerinTPA
12-05-12, 21:11
Personally, I'm down for anything that will bring more women into the tactical AR training arena and gun ranges. If someone wants to bring more feminine colors out so BFs and hubbies can dress out their lady's AR, I'm OK with it. As long as I don't have to train with it, then good on them. As for pink mags, Wideners had them, as well as zombie lime green ones, but they're currently out of stock. http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000842&dir=625|1056|1058 Just keep a OD green or FDE spray can handy in case things do go south in your AO. ;)

Clint
12-05-12, 21:16
Pink would make a great base for that Hello Kitty carbine everybody's been wanting to build...

Moose-Knuckle
12-05-12, 21:22
Personally, I'm down for anything that will bring more women into the tactical AR training arena and gun ranges. If someone wants to bring more feminine colors out so BFs and hubbies can dress out their lady's AR, I'm OK with it. As long as I don't have to train with it, then good on them. As for pink mags, Wideners had them, as well as zombie lime green ones, but they're currently out of stock. http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000842&dir=625|1056|1058 Just keep a OD green or FDE spray can handy in case things do go south in your AO. ;)

Agree with you on the whole bringing new shooters into the community thing. I've seen those mags on Wideners' site before, I however want the real deal pink mags to go with my Blue and Orange ones. :cool:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/pmagorange.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/pmagblue.jpg

ST911
12-05-12, 21:25
Something is missing from that ad. How about...

"Magpul Industries, a leader and innovator in the tools and techniques of modern combatives, is committed to combating the scourge of breast cancer. To that end, X% of the proceeds from the sale of pink Magpul accessories will be donated to organizations supporting breast cancer research, patient care and advocacy, and an ultimate cure.

Magpul. Unfair Advantage. Whatever the fight."

Belmont31R
12-05-12, 21:49
Something is missing from that ad. How about...

"Magpul Industries, a leader and innovator in the tools and techniques of modern combatives, is committed to combating the scourge of breast cancer. To that end, X% of the proceeds from the sale of pink Magpul accessories will be donated to organizations supporting breast cancer research, patient care and advocacy, and an ultimate cure.

Magpul. Unfair Advantage. Whatever the fight."

I'm sick of the breast cancer stuff being EVERYWHERE for a month. Nothing against people donating and feel for those who get (all types) breast cancer but I think it's a bit over the top when we get hot pink thrown in our faces everyday.

KrampusArms
12-05-12, 21:53
Wow that girl is attractive. Holy hell. Phewwwww!

SkinTop911 that is creative. Good work there man.

J Krammes
12-05-12, 21:57
Pink would make a great base for that Hello Kitty carbine everybody's been wanting to build...

One of my little girls (4 years old) actually ask me for a gun with Hello Kitty on it. I think I am going to do that on a 10/22. If they would want this Magpul furniture I would absolutely get it for them.

SPQR476
12-05-12, 22:12
We've had a lot of requests for pink over the years. We thought that the breast cancer awareness thing might be a decent reason to bring that out. However, most cancer charities don't accept money from our industry, apparently. So, we said the heck with it, it may get more of the fairer and/or younger crowd to the range, and we'll donate something to a charity that isn't excluding our industry on the backside. Personally, I want to do an 8" suppressed SBR .300blk with all the metal in white Cerakote with a "hello kitty" decal. And then teach with it. :-)

The grey would have been out now, too, but the color match needed a couple more iterations to get it right for production. Probably Jan for the grey...expect STR, MOE, ACS, XTM, etc. at launch.

Straight Shooter
12-05-12, 22:31
If this will bring in more women & girls then by gosh Im all for it too.
Everybody's idea of personalizing a firearm aint the same, nor should it be. Holy shit...everybody AINT a ****in "operator" and sometimes some folks still want a gun to shoot just for the fun of it WITHOUT all the ****in "tactical" SHIT eveybody thinks they need.
Id build/buy one in a minute if a lady, young or old, wanted one.

SteyrAUG
12-05-12, 22:46
If this will bring in more women & girls then by gosh Im all for it too.
Everybody's idea of personalizing a firearm aint the same, nor should it be. Holy shit...everybody AINT a ****in "operator" and sometimes some folks still want a gun to shoot just for the fun of it WITHOUT all the ****in "tactical" SHIT eveybody thinks they need.
Id build/buy one in a minute if a lady, young or old, wanted one.

Honestly I'd rather see a shooting line full of pink rifles than one more rifle with ****ing Punisher skulls all over it.

:rolleyes:

RogerinTPA
12-05-12, 22:49
I'm sick of the breast cancer stuff being EVERYWHERE for a month. Nothing against people donating and feel for those who get (all types) breast cancer but I think it's a bit over the top when we get hot pink thrown in our faces everyday.

Not sure if you meant to be funny, but I had a very funny but inappropriate rebuttal/comment to add, but I'll leave it alone... :smile:

SMETNA
12-05-12, 22:50

:lol: That's great. I could see Chris Costa pulling something like that.

CoryCop25
12-05-12, 22:51
I'll take a set.....

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CoryCop25/1669D509-CD05-4B69-9525-11D67E79910D-452-000000219A0B2388.jpg

glocktogo
12-05-12, 22:54
We've had a lot of requests for pink over the years. We thought that the breast cancer awareness thing might be a decent reason to bring that out. However, most cancer charities don't accept money from our industry, apparently. So, we said the heck with it, it may get more of the fairer and/or younger crowd to the range, and we'll donate something to a charity that isn't excluding our industry on the backside. Personally, I want to do an 8" suppressed SBR .300blk with all the metal in white Cerakote with a "hello kitty" decal. And then teach with it. :-)

The grey would have been out now, too, but the color match needed a couple more iterations to get it right for production. Probably Jan for the grey...expect STR, MOE, ACS, XTM, etc. at launch.

Great, now I have to buy ANOTHER set of furniture? What, you guys think we're just made of money? :rolleyes:

AKDoug
12-05-12, 23:34
My 13 y.o. daughter wants the pink. Actually, she'd rather have purple. I have no problem with that.

I think I might buy two or three and slip them on my buddies rifles when they aren't looking ;)

Straight Shooter
12-05-12, 23:51
SteyrAUG-
How right you are about the Punisher shit!! And, as much as I truly love The Walkng Dead..and I do..O SHIT am I sick to freakin death of the zombie shit everywhere.
Little girls & women are just that...little girls and women, and we need desperately to get them into the shooting world, the pink gear is one more way to do that. I personally think they are MUCH less afraid of a pink, say AR, than a "black" rifle. A pink .22lr for a little gal?! THEY LOVE THEM!!

CoryCop25
12-06-12, 00:03
My 13 y.o. daughter wants the pink. Actually, she'd rather have purple. I have no problem with that.

I think I might buy two or three and slip them on my buddies rifles when they aren't looking ;)

I think you have something there. My 10 year old wants pink and my 13 year old wants purple....

agr1279
12-06-12, 00:11
Honestly I'd rather see a shooting line full of pink rifles than one more rifle with ****ing Punisher skulls all over it.

Amen. The punisher crap is one of the dumbest. I'll take pink all day than anything with a punisher anything on it.

Dan

SteyrAUG
12-06-12, 00:17
SteyrAUG-
How right you are about the Punisher shit!! And, as much as I truly love The Walkng Dead..and I do..O SHIT am I sick to freakin death of the zombie shit everywhere.

Add Tapout shirts to the list and I'm right there with you. Zombies were a funny "firearm culture" joke back in 2004 with Snyders "Dawn of the Dead", now when I see anything zombie related concerning firearms or gear I just see "retard."

Magic_Salad0892
12-06-12, 00:54

Here's an idea. You do that, I'll cut my hair like Justin Bieber wear a One Direction shirt, and we can argue about wether or not EOTech is better than Tasco.

ST911
12-06-12, 08:30

I think you have something there. My 10 year old wants pink and my 13 year old wants purple....

I gave the pink furniture the Princess Test in my house. She also asked "can I have purple"?

Purple is the new pink, I guess?

SoDak
12-06-12, 08:39

Same here. I'm half tempted to put together a pink AR to remind myself not to take all this stuff so seriously.

polymorpheous
12-06-12, 08:47
Not sure if you meant to be funny, but I had a very funny but inappropriate rebuttal/comment to add, but I'll leave it alone... :smile:

LMFAO!
:lol:

theblackknight
12-06-12, 08:59
Here's an idea. You do that, I'll cut my hair like Justin Bieber wear a One Direction shirt, and we can argue about wether or not EOTech is better than Tasco.

SIR!. I have never had a ar15.com screen name at any time. But if your suggesting I add a tasco optic to my pink stock/kesha shirt combo for better Lols, Im all over it.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

nineteenkilo
12-06-12, 09:00
My daughters will go ape shit over this stuff. Thanks Magpul!

Who am I kidding, I'll shoot with it myself just to be that guy at the range. I'll even wear my unicorn shirt of epicness.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yp3SEgwgVuY/UMCyxQxgi2I/AAAAAAAAAJ4/79_744RpFpY/s550/unicorn.jpg

My children will hate me for this crap one day. :D

Magic_Salad0892
12-06-12, 09:12
SIR!. I have never had a ar15.com screen name at any time. But if your suggesting I add a tasco optic to my pink stock/kesha shirt combo for better Lols, Im all over it.

You roll the EOTech, I'll roll the Tasco on a trusty 7.5'' Oly arms AR + Surefire Muzzle brake. It's been flawless for 100 bullets.

I'll also run C-products clips.

(I'd make sure it'd be a Colt BCG, and barrel so it'd never malf, and nobody could make fun of me. Lmfao.)

Magic_Salad0892
12-06-12, 09:12
My daughters will go ape shit over this stuff. Thanks Magpul!

Who am I kidding, I'll shoot with it myself just to be that guy at the range. I'll even wear my unicorn shirt of epicness.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yp3SEgwgVuY/UMCyxQxgi2I/AAAAAAAAAJ4/79_744RpFpY/s550/unicorn.jpg

My children will hate me for this crap one day. :D

And this is why I never post pics of myself online.

jaxman7
12-06-12, 12:06

:bad:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/cannot_be_unseen.jpg

;)

C-grunt
12-06-12, 12:28
My wife will be much more likely to go to the range if she had a pink rifle.

What I really need to get her is a pink 20 gauge semi auto shotgun because she kicked the shit out of me at the trap and skeet range last month. First time ever shooting a shotgun and she had a 80% hit rate on the range.

markm
12-06-12, 12:37
Because the MOE line wan't gay enough? :p

LHS
12-06-12, 12:42
Personally, I'm down for anything that will bring more women into the tactical AR training arena and gun ranges. If someone wants to bring more feminine colors out so BFs and hubbies can dress out their lady's AR, I'm OK with it. As long as I don't have to train with it, then good on them.

Bingo. My thoughts exactly.

chadbag
12-06-12, 13:25
Even though my daughter is just turning 5, I am tempted to get a set of this Pink MOE furniture to put away for later.

She is already talking about getting a pink rifle (22lr like her brother has) when she is old enough (8 or so).

I promised my son an AR for him to build (under struct guidance and help) when he turns 12-3 or thereabouts, so I guess the daughter will want/expect that too...

sigh ;-)

-

polymorpheous
12-06-12, 13:38
Even though my daughter is just turning 5, I am tempted to get a set of this Pink MOE furniture to put away for later.

She is already talking about getting a pink rifle (22lr like her brother has) when she is old enough (8 or so).

I promised my son an AR for him to build (under struct guidance and help) when he turns 12-3 or thereabouts, so I guess the daughter will want/expect that too...

sigh ;-)

-

I'm in the same boat as you brother!

3 AE
12-06-12, 14:16
"You can get any color you want as long as it's BLACK! No pink, no purple, no blue, no yellow, no OD, no FDE, no Foliage, no Digi-Cam, no Multi-Cam, no Pony-Cam, no Kitty-Cam, just Black, get it. They call it a "Black Rifle" for a reason. It's as cold and black and evil as the heart that pulls the trigger. Now run along and ... oh no, don't start crying for Pete's sake. OK, OK, pink it is. You happy now?" :D

Moose-Knuckle
12-06-12, 15:25

Thanks for sharing this. I did not realize how anti the whole Save the Ta-Tas industry was. The grey kit is going to sell like hot cakes, any chance will see PMAGs in pink or grey?

theblackknight
12-06-12, 16:06
Why would anyone pick gray over pink now?

SteyrAUG
12-06-12, 16:43
Why would anyone pick gray over pink now?

Same color as my Punisher skull logo on the magwell.

I think it's just an atheistic choice. Many of us with OD or FDE furniture aren't shooting anyplace where that "camo" is going to make any kind of difference.

I know at least one guy who "color codes" specific rifle setups by furniture color so he knows which is which at a glance.

And sometimes you just want to put a grey dress on your Barbie.

montanadave
12-06-12, 16:49
I have to ask The Unicorn.

Are those ass-less chaps vinyl or leather?

Moose-Knuckle
12-06-12, 17:13
I have to ask The Unicorn.

Are those ass-less chaps vinyl or leather?

I would hope for BDSM sake latex otherwise PETA is going to be all up in his grill.

theblackknight
12-06-12, 19:17
Someone buy me this stock, and I will send you my black MOE as a trade.

Beat Trash
12-07-12, 15:57
Personally I'm holding out for a yellow set with the "Have a nice day"smilie face symbles all over it.

I may just get a link set to but on a buddies gun when he's not looking.

HackerF15E
12-07-12, 18:27
My daughter just went apeshit when she saw the photo over my shoulder.

Guess I'll be picking up a set, too.

theblackknight
12-07-12, 19:51
Personally I'm holding out for a yellow set with the "Have a nice day"smilie face symbles all over it.

I may just get a link set to but on a buddies gun when he's not looking.

That would be great to go with my Stryper range wear.
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/128415.jpg

SteyrAUG
12-07-12, 20:29

Jackass.

It has taken 20+ years for my brain to "forget" the horrors of what Stryper is and the screeching sounds of shit they are responsible for.

Now I remember again.

For Christmas I am sending you the entire Celine Dion & Michael Bolton discography.

theblackknight
12-07-12, 21:39
Jackass.

It has taken 20+ years for my brain to "forget" the horrors of what Stryper is and the screeching sounds of shit they are responsible for.

Now I remember again.

For Christmas I am sending you the entire Celine Dion & Michael Bolton discography.

If it dosent involve 3 cans of aquanet and a Jackson soloist, Can it Dano!

Magic_Salad0892
12-08-12, 07:39
Jackass.

Now I remember again.

I'm sending you both the entire Whitesnake discography.

VLODPG
12-08-12, 07:54
Jackass.

Now I remember again.

I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

montanadave
12-08-12, 08:56
Good god, fellas!

Does no one realize how insidious this pink MOE gear is?

First it was just a cute idea for your little princess, something to get her fired up to go do a little shootin' with ole dad.

Then we were lookin' at vinyl assless chaps.

And now the ultimate horror ... we're singin' the praises of (sigh!) Michael Bolton.

Who could have forseen this tragic trajectory?

PULL UP! PULL OUT! IT'S NOT TOO LATE! :shout:

Safetyhit
12-08-12, 09:06
I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

If I really, really wanted to be a dick I would make this my sig line. Fortunately for you I don't use one.

:)

ST911
12-08-12, 09:20

Well played.

Safetyhit
12-08-12, 09:59
Well played.

Well at least I was nice about it before I was discretely told it was from Steyr's favorite movie.

montanadave
12-08-12, 10:37
Well at least I was nice about it before I was discretely told it was from Steyr's favorite movie.

I thought his favorite movie was "When a Man Loves a Women Loving Another Woman With Two Other Women Loving Each Other ... With A Midget Loving A Donkey." :D

ETA: And that's a dwarf donkey, not a baby donkey ,,, cuz that would disgusting.

Magic_Salad0892
12-08-12, 10:56
If I really, really wanted to be a dick I would make this my sig line. Fortunately for you I don't use one.

:)

I do. And have found that quote to be a great replacement for the quote I used to use. (The guy who told Grant he was better looking than Brad Pitt.)

SteyrAUG
12-08-12, 14:51
Michael Bolton: There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well, why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Magic_Salad0892
12-08-12, 21:19
Michael Bolton: There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well, why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

I love that scene.

BTW: I love the video he did with Lonely Island.

sewvacman
12-08-12, 21:52
Damn this thread has just plain gone wrong.

Anyway, does anyone know who's going to be stocking these?

My wife needs one and I am socking another away for later for my 7 year old.
Whatever it takes to get them out there is fine w/ me.
At least it's a quality kit.

And Michael Bolton sucks BTW :haha:

3 AE
12-09-12, 03:49
Why bother getting feminine colored MOE furniture to entice them to go shooting when you can just buy this,

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7019659&style=movie

Play this continuously and I'm pretty sure after twenty four hours they'll be begging you to go shoot anything you have in any masculine colored firearm! Just make sure to bring the disc along as a target of opportunity. :D

MistWolf
12-09-12, 04:58
Good god, fellas!

Does no one realize how insidious this pink MOE gear is?

First it was just a cute idea for your little princess, something to get her fired up to go do a little shootin' with ole dad.

Then we were lookin' at vinyl assless chaps.

And now the ultimate horror ... we're singin' the praises of (sigh!) Michael Bolton.

Who could have forseen this tragic trajectory?

PULL UP! PULL OUT! IT'S NOT TOO LATE! :shout:

and now we're in a tail spin. EJECT! EJECT! EJECT!

My brother built his wife a carbine with pink furniture. She said she got permission to carry it as a duty carbine as long as she qualified with it.

I asked my wife which color she'd like to have an AR in. She said black on black

Pink Magpul furniture carries the Kalshinikitty Seal of Approval
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Avatars/KalKitty.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
12-09-12, 11:38
Y'know what's stupid? I knew we were talkin' about Office Space earlier, but I totally thought the guy I quoted was being genuine...

HES
12-09-12, 21:25
My daughter just went apeshit when she saw the photo over my shoulder.

Guess I'll be picking up a set, too.
That just happened here too. Thing is that I just got her a 10/22 with a pick stock to show up under the tree. I put this under the tree too and SWSBO will kick my ass.

SWSBO was looking over my shoulder as well, left, went to the office, came back, and just showed me her cassette of them. We don't even have a ****ing cassette player any more. If she buys one tomorrow I will sign you up for Amway, mark my words.

MistWolf
12-09-12, 21:51
Shouldn't that be SWAMBO?

MountainRaven
12-11-12, 23:06
Dumb question:

Are these a limited edition item, as the Facebook post seems to indicate or will more of the Magpul line eventually be available in pink? (I think I'm going to need a pink MOE mid-length hand guard.)

SPQR476
12-12-12, 01:16
This will be a limited release...it won't encompass the whole line, but it will expand some if demand dictates. Middy forends are a logical step to take relatively soon.

30 cal slut
12-12-12, 06:45

I am not joking - I want to do a Hello Kitty build in pink myself for the female family members.

I predict this will sell well, actually. Now I don't have to shop so hard!

Going to the fun store for another LE 6920 to put pink furniture on...

(donning pink flame suit).

30 cal slut
12-12-12, 06:59
midway usa has pink moe in stock right now. :D

MountainRaven
12-12-12, 07:29
This will be a limited release...it won't encompass the whole line, but it will expand some if demand dictates. Middy forends are a logical step to take relatively soon.

Awesome! Glad to hear it and cannot wait!

HES
12-12-12, 13:36
Shouldn't that be SWAMBO?
She Who SHOULD Be Obeyed. The wife prefers SHALL, but I believe in living dangerously.

MistWolf
12-12-12, 19:40
She Who SHOULD Be Obeyed. The wife prefers SHALL, but I believe in living dangerously.

Heh! That's what I figured. Col Cooper used SWAMBO- She Who Always Must Be Obeyed.

I assume you moved the comfortable couch out to the Dog House when SWSBO wasn't looking?

HES
12-12-12, 23:10
Heh! That's what I figured. Col Cooper used SWAMBO- She Who Always Must Be Obeyed.

I assume you moved the comfortable couch out to the Dog House when SWSBO wasn't looking?
It was a perfect E&E

3 AE
12-13-12, 19:25
As it was in the past, so shall it be in the present, and forever more,

"She Who MUST Be Obeyed"

I humbly submit the proof here. Skip to 09:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNnncKceqM

usmcvet
12-13-12, 21:00
I think we should pool together and get a set of these for Markm. He'd probably put it on one of his LWRCs he keeps in his secret closet. :D

The single shot LWRC AR is his favorite.

So you don't like my new badge?

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/2012-10-30_15-31-32_786-1.jpg

I'll take a set.....

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CoryCop25/1669D509-CD05-4B69-9525-11D67E79910D-452-000000219A0B2388.jpg

Same here. I'm half tempted to put together a pink AR to remind myself not to take all this stuff so seriously.

I'm buying a set. My girls will love it. They both have pink stocks on their .22's. a 10-22 and a Savage single shot. If it helps more women and little girls get excited about guns and shooting it is a no brainier.

HackerF15E
12-14-12, 06:02
we get hot pink thrown in our faces everyday.

Isn't that the very definition of 'living the dream'??