PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Recognized for Gun Control Laws

R1pper
02-20-08, 17:46
http://www.wwlp.com/Global/story.asp?S=7901082

Massachusetts Recognized for Gun Control Laws

CHICOPEE, MASSACHUSETTS (WWLP) A national gun control group has praised both Massachusetts and Connecticut for their gun control laws. The states tied for third place in a survey by the Brady Campaign to prevent gun violence.
In Massachusetts, a firearm ID card is required for any gun purchase. But in Connecticut, residents can buy a rifle or shotgun without a permit, simply by completing a hunting course.

Massachusetts requires a permit for any kind of firearm rifle or shotgun you want to buy. In Connecticut, without a permit you can purchase a long gun rifle or shotgun with a waiting period.

In New England, the state rated as having the worst gun laws was New Hampshire, with Maine in a close second.

"The Worst" I.E. the most non restrictive. It just sickens me when I this kind of praise. To me its like praising a insurgent who loves to torture and behead.

variablebinary
02-20-08, 18:25
Someone should overly gun crime statistics with most restrictive gun law states. See how well it works

Heavy Metal
02-20-08, 18:29
New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts.

Anybody want to wager on which two of those states have the lowest crime rate?

Anybody want to bet it is inversely related to their 'Brady' score?!?

KMM696
02-22-08, 07:57
I don't like betting on sure things. I did notice that there was no mention in the "study" of Vermont, who might have the least restrictive gun laws in the country, and usually leads the bottom of the violent crime stats every year. Not a data point the average grabber likes to acknowledge.

Dick Manley - NES, right? :D

7.62x39
02-23-08, 16:58
The debate over gun control needs a controlled, experimental, closed society that can prove, once and for all, that gun control either works or not. Give the Liberals freedom to fully integrate their ideas into a showplace to prove how much better life would be with them in charge. Oh wait, they already have such a place. It's called Cuba.

variablebinary
02-23-08, 17:06
The debate over gun control needs a controlled, experimental, closed society that can prove, once and for all, that gun control either works or not. Give the Liberals freedom to fully integrate their ideas into a showplace to prove how much better life would be with them in charge. Oh wait, they already have such a place. It's called Cuba.

Without even going to an extreme, lets look right here in the USA. We have NYC, MA and CA. The regulations are very tight for gun owners. Yet they remain some of the highest crime areas in the Union.

Gun control simply doesnt work.