PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen table setups

Jimmyjon
12-06-12, 06:33
I am waiting for my reloading kit to get here and trying to figure out where to set it up. I am down to the kitchen table I was thinking of getting a thick sheet of plywood with some foam or rubber under it to keep the table nice so the wife dont shoot me. And then bolting the press to that. You guys got any good uses of small space ideas or pics?

markm
12-06-12, 07:17
If you plan to prime or resize brass on the press, you'll want something much more solid.

I'm not sure... I'd like suggestions too since I have a 3rd press under the tree and my first 2 have taken all the space on my work bench.

gatorfan605
12-06-12, 14:00
I currently have a Lee single Stage press mounted to a 28" 2x8, that works pretty well. I used a paddle bit to recess the areas for the fasteners, in the bottom of the 2x8. A good sanding, a router to the edges, then a couple coats of stain and poly and you're in business. I use two Irwin quick-clamps to anchor it down to the table of my choosing. So far there have been no issues, through any stage of reloading. The setup does work best at the corner of a table, With one clamp in the rear of the plank. This keeps the setup from tipping forward when resizing.

To date, there has been no damage to any of the tables I have placed it on. If you are still concerned, a couple well placed furniture pads on the bottom of the board, would probably do the trick.

Jimmyjon
12-06-12, 15:32
I currently have a Lee single Stage press mounted to a 28" 2x8, that works pretty well. I used a paddle bit to recess the areas for the fasteners, in the bottom of the 2x8. A good sanding, a router to the edges, then a couple coats of stain and poly and you're in business. I use two Irwin quick-clamps to anchor it down to the table of my choosing. So far there have been no issues, through any stage of reloading. The setup does work best at the corner of a table, With one clamp in the rear of the plank. This keeps the setup from tipping forward when resizing.

To date, there has been no damage to any of the tables I have placed it on. If you are still concerned, a couple well placed furniture pads on the bottom of the board, would probably do the trick.
I was hoping someone would chime in with a setup like that. Thats Kinda what I was thinking but was unsure if there was to much pull on the press for something like that to work. Sounds like it works good for you though.

ScottFarkus
12-06-12, 16:14
How about using" non-slip " padding between the board and the table top?
Comes in rolls at home stores. Usually called drawer liner pads I think.
Seems like it would protect the finish, yet not be too "squishy".
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gatorfan605
12-06-12, 16:44
How about using" non-slip " padding between the board and the table top?
Comes in rolls at home stores. Usually called drawer liner pads I think.
Seems like it would protect the finish, yet not be too "squishy".

Sounds like another good idea.

ScottFarkus
12-06-12, 16:52
Thank you. I get a good idea every once in a while. :p