PDA

View Full Version : Help me with pricing

just a scout
12-07-12, 14:22
I have a Colt 16" A1 upper, pencil barrel, round hand guards, complete BCG and CH. I need some help with what would be a fair price to sell it.

Dravur
12-08-12, 20:58
This is a tough one... If you are willing to wait, and get a higher price, I would say...$450 or so. Parting it out might be better. You can get about $100 for the upper, about $200 for the barrel, and $150 or so for the BCG.. Yes, I know that adds up to $450, but you might get more for a specific part

The BCG may go for more since it is a slab side one. You might get more than this for the upper. But, that is probably a good start. The one problem is, it isnt a particularly popular build for this. If it was a XM177 clone, or a commando, etc, then I think it would be worth more.

Oddly enough, if it was a 14.5" or an 11" upper, it would be more desirable. In fact, if it was either of those two lengths, Id make an offer on it.

Just my $.02

VLODPG
12-08-12, 21:07
PM sent

just a scout
12-09-12, 12:09
PM sent

Back at ya.

just a scout
12-09-12, 12:09
This is a tough one... If you are willing to wait, and get a higher price, I would say...$450 or so. Parting it out might be better. You can get about $100 for the upper, about $200 for the barrel, and $150 or so for the BCG.. Yes, I know that adds up to $450, but you might get more for a specific part

The BCG may go for more since it is a slab side one. You might get more than this for the upper. But, that is probably a good start. The one problem is, it isnt a particularly popular build for this. If it was a XM177 clone, or a commando, etc, then I think it would be worth more.

Oddly enough, if it was a 14.5" or an 11" upper, it would be more desirable. In fact, if it was either of those two lengths, Id make an offer on it.

Just my $.02
Thank you for the help.

just a scout
12-24-12, 20:49
In case anyone is wondering, it got sold to a board member last week. Thank you for the help and the inquiries. Merry Christmas everybody!:D

SteveS
12-25-12, 11:23
I just read the post today but I bet your Colt upper wouldn't have taken much time in any market to be sold!!!

uglyducky
02-23-13, 20:49
I just read the post today but I bet your Colt upper wouldn't have taken much time in any market to be sold!!!

coulda crushed it just a month later :D