PDA

View Full Version : Risked My Life Tonight...Asked Young People To Turn Down Music...

SteyrAUG
12-09-12, 01:08
So I have some new neighbors. It's the house behind me, sadly the retards with the dog issue still live next door.

Anyway, the new neighbors are Brazilian (pretty common in my zip code lately) and they seem to be a decent lot. Obviously have their own business and fabricate something. They are usually running a table saw during the day but they don't start too early and don't keep it up too late so I'm not gonna complain about somebody who works for a living.

But this was the first weekend and they were cooking outdoors and had some music going. Being as how it was a "guitar and vocals" variety of music in Spanish and didn't have a THUMP, THUMP, THUMP baseline that shook my windows it wasn't bothering me inside my home.

Well a little later they decided to play something with a little bit more of a beat, and more importantly it was getting to be midnight, so I decided to take my life in my hands and ask them to turn it down a bit. I didn't even take my gun with me in case things got "rowdy."

Poked my head over the fence and was surprised to see a crowd of about 40+ having a pretty comprehensive cookout. The person closest to the fence was an incredibly cute, smoking hot Brazilian chick (this is also pretty common in my zip code) and before I could finish the sentence "Excuse me, could you turn down the music a little bit" she was already apologizing and somebody else had already lowered the volume to a reasonable level.

Not only did they apologize and say if there was ever a problem to just "let them know and say something" they then asked me if I wanted a plate. I politely declined even though it looked like that had at least six different kinds of pork going on in grills. You realize you like pork when you notice that despite the fact that there are two dozen pretty hot chicks dressed with the same decorum Hispanic women are famous for. It was like somebody held a cleavage contest and cookout.

They were still turning it down when I assured them that the present volume was not a problem. I didn't want them to feel like they had to pack it in for the night, just knock the volume down a couple notches. They tried to offer me food again and I tried not to stare at the women obsessively.

Eventually I was able to remember my name, that I am married and that a couple minutes ago I went outside to get my neighbors to knock that crap off and my wife is inside hoping things don't get out of hand. So with that I politely excused myself after thanking them again.

Amazing how things work out when you are dealing with reasonable people who were apparently raised correctly. It was the most civilized party of 40+ people I had ever seen in my life.

krisjon
12-09-12, 01:24
We have a huge Brazilian population here in San Diego (actually the largest outside Brazil from what I hear). They're really good, decent people. And yes, their women are mind-blowingly good.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-09-12, 01:29
Portuguese?

Here's hoping they play their music too loud when you have an empty stomach. A beer and a plate of food will keep your hands of the pretty gata.

Atchcraft
12-09-12, 02:17
I had a very similar experience a few Christmases ago. My new Hispanic neighbor's party had gotten way too loud by the time my family was sitting down to a nice, quite dinner. I went over, kinda mad, expecting the worst and met some of the nicest people in the neighborhood. A few shots of tequila and a Corona later, I had almost forgotten what I was there for and the fact that my family was still waiting to eat. Faliz navidad!

Honu
12-09-12, 03:54
I hope most folks are good people :)

I worked with some Brazilian folks diving before and they were some of the coolest nicest folks remind me a lot of Hawaiian folks super laid back etc..

Hawaiian food is pork based a lot and Portugese and Philipino and Japanese and Chinese are kinda all Hawaiin food that melt together into the best flavors and one thing I miss about the islands !
Tried some local plate places here but nothing like real island food found yet :(

montanadave
12-09-12, 05:55
Sounds like you may need a discrete surveillance camera to monitor the cleavage, err, activities in your neighbor's backyard. :)

Spurholder
12-09-12, 06:04
Well handled, Steyr.

If it happens again, though, just send this young man over...

http://www.allproudamericans.com/No-Laughing-at-the-Tomb-of-the-Unknown-Soldier.html

feedramp
12-09-12, 09:39
Time for a broad generalization: These days, there's arguably a better shot at meeting respectable people with any group of immigrants than there is with people raised in the US.

African, european, latino, whatever, if they are first or second generation, it's much more likely they have decent manners and are respectable people, than the subsequent generations raised in the US.

Are there respectable people raised in the US? Of course, but they are, as a percentage, much fewer than in places with less exposure to American media and marketing.

Sensei
12-09-12, 10:16
There is a little different psychology when telling people to turn down their car radio vs house party. You are far less likely to receive an aggressive response from a neighbor. In a car, people are enclosed in their capsule of power. Our reptilian brain does not like threats to our power. There is also relatively anonymity in a car, and people know that they will probably never again see the other diver.

Anyway, they do sound like good neighbors. That is, of course, provided that sawing is not them disposing bodies for the cartel. Did any of that "pork" look like human liver or spleen?

warpigM-4
12-09-12, 10:28
this is a great story I always Like to hear that Neighbors will act Like ...................well good neighbors .Apologized ,offer food and now you made contact with them .
Maybe hang out and Look at some lovely women errI mean drink a beer with them (your are married No strange Boobies for you) I wonder if they are Shooters ? well played sir

montanadave
12-09-12, 11:12
No strange Boobies for you

I wouldn't presume to speak for Steyr but I have to believe he would never make reference to "strange boobies," only friendly boobies he has yet to meet. :D

JBecker 72
12-09-12, 11:12
It was like somebody held a cleavage contest and cookout.

Nice! :D

Safetyhit
12-09-12, 11:31
Good story, but where are the potentially life threatening young people referenced in the title?

Magic_Salad0892
12-09-12, 11:35
So I have some new neighbors. It's the house behind me, sadly the retards with the dog issue still live next door.

Anyway, the new neighbors are Brazilian (pretty common in my zip code lately) and they seem to be a decent lot. Obviously have their own business and fabricate something. They are usually running a table saw during the day but they don't start too early and don't keep it up too late so I'm not gonna complain about somebody who works for a living.

But this was the first weekend and they were cooking outdoors and had some music going. Being as how it was a "guitar and vocals" variety of music in Spanish and didn't have a THUMP, THUMP, THUMP baseline that shook my windows it wasn't bothering me inside my home.

Well a little later they decided to play something with a little bit more of a beat, and more importantly it was getting to be midnight, so I decided to take my life in my hands and ask them to turn it down a bit. I didn't even take my gun with me in case things got "rowdy."

Poked my head over the fence and was surprised to see a crowd of about 40+ having a pretty comprehensive cookout. The person closest to the fence was an incredibly cute, smoking hot Brazilian chick (this is also pretty common in my zip code) and before I could finish the sentence "Excuse me, could you turn down the music a little bit" she was already apologizing and somebody else had already lowered the volume to a reasonable level.

Not only did they apologize and say if there was ever a problem to just "let them know and say something" they then asked me if I wanted a plate. I politely declined even though it looked like that had at least six different kinds of pork going on in grills. You realize you like pork when you notice that despite the fact that there are two dozen pretty hot chicks dressed with the same decorum Hispanic women are famous for. It was like somebody held a cleavage contest and cookout.

They were still turning it down when I assured them that the present volume was not a problem. I didn't want them to feel like they had to pack it in for the night, just knock the volume down a couple notches. They tried to offer me food again and I tried not to stare at the women obsessively.

Eventually I was able to remember my name, that I am married and that a couple minutes ago I went outside to get my neighbors to knock that crap off and my wife is inside hoping things don't get out of hand. So with that I politely excused myself after thanking them again.

Amazing how things work out when you are dealing with reasonable people who were apparently raised correctly. It was the most civilized party of 40+ people I had ever seen in my life.

There's one thing I've noticed about Brazilian people.

Now that they (basically all their family and friends as well) know you...

They're gonna love you, and knock on your door inviting you to drink, and eat with them all the time. It's like living next to Vikings. (Except with less hair, and sport-fighting.)

It's awesome.

Caeser25
12-09-12, 11:39
Good story, but where are the potentially life threatening young people referenced in the title?

The wife had he stayed for a plate and a beer :D

warpigM-4
12-09-12, 12:14
I wouldn't presume to speak for Steyr but I have to believe he would never make reference to "strange boobies," only friendly boobies he has yet to meet. :D

HAHA Now i could see Steyr Saying that ,I hope his wife doesn't read over his shoulder when he is on the forum:D

SteyrAUG
12-09-12, 13:33
There is a little different psychology when telling people to turn down their car radio vs house party. You are far less likely to receive an aggressive response from a neighbor. In a car, people are enclosed in their capsule of power. Our reptilian brain does not like threats to our power. There is also relatively anonymity in a car, and people know that they will probably never again see the other diver.

Around here it usually works the other way. I'm at MY HOUSE, I know MY RIGHTS so **** off I'll play it as loud as I want and they usually turn it up more if able.

SteyrAUG
12-09-12, 13:36

It was a reference to the sometime common opinion that asking young people to turn down their noise is an aggressive act in and of itself and you should expect it to be met with violence.

SeriousStudent
12-09-12, 14:02
Ah, Brazil. We had the luck of doing a port call in Rio during a UNITAS float once. :D

There are good times, there are great times, and then there is the time you get to party for three days in Rio. Young, single, with three month's pay burning a hole in your pocket.

When I die, I hope Heaven is like that.

Congrats on the new neighbors!

Magic_Salad0892
12-09-12, 14:06
Ah, Brazil. We had the luck of doing a port call in Rio during a UNITAS float once. :D

There are good times, there are great times, and then there is the time you get to party for three days in Rio. Young, single, with three month's pay burning a hole in your pocket.

When I die, I hope Heaven is like that.

Congrats on the new neighbors!

That sounds amazing.

SeriousStudent
12-09-12, 14:40
Yeah, life has been all downhill from that point.

But it was a very, very tall hill.

Sensei
12-09-12, 14:52
Around here it usually works the other way. I'm at MY HOUSE, I know MY RIGHTS so **** off I'll play it as loud as I want and they usually turn it up more if able.

Good point. The only crime we have in my neighborhood is the rare drive-by latte throwing when the desperate housewives get jealous.

warpigM-4
12-09-12, 15:24
Good point. The only crime we have in my neighborhood is the rare drive-by latte throwing when the desperate housewives get jealous.

HAHA you made me snort :D I live out in the woods most we have here if you piss someone off they run over your mailbox although my dog came home the other day with painted toe nails :rolleyes: damn kids

Honu
12-09-12, 15:48
if I was single I would get a pool ! then invite them over :)

Safetyhit
12-09-12, 16:23
It was a reference to the sometime common opinion that asking young people to turn down their noise is an aggressive act in and of itself and you should expect it to be met with violence.

I get that part, but since no actual young people seem to be part of the story it confused me a bit. Maybe you're spoofing a previous scenario but dummies like myself don't get it.

SteyrAUG
12-09-12, 18:06
I get that part, but since no actual young people seem to be part of the story it confused me a bit. Maybe you're spoofing a previous scenario but dummies like myself don't get it.

I'd guess the median age for the people at the party was 22.

HES
12-09-12, 21:31
Hot Brazilian chick? If she starts to get friendly, check for an addams apple before things go to far.

Jellybean
12-09-12, 23:38
Hot Brazilian chick? If she starts to get friendly, check for an addams apple before things go to far.

I thought it was the Thai girls you had to watch out for.
It's the Brazilians now, too??? Dagnabbit! :lol:

No matter- it's funny the topic of hot women should come up with this- ever since I read an article about that very thing in a magazine a long, long time ago, Brazil has been on the "must visit during lifetime" list.

Low Drag
12-10-12, 07:29
You're lucky. There is NO substitute for having good neighbors.

I'm fortunate to have a bunch of good folks on my street. We look out for each others houses, help moving furniture around etc.

the guy next door is Brit, actually from Scotland. In one years time I've got him to come around to firearms ownership. I tell every generation zero immigrant that they are in America now and need to get a gun and learn to be proficient with it!

Clearly just chatting over the fence or messing around with the kids when they play in the street pays big dividends if something terrible happens like a storm etc when order breaks down. Not to mention it's just nice.

Brimstone
12-10-12, 09:38
The person closest to the fence was an incredibly cute, smoking hot Brazilian chick

Pics? WTF?

SteyrAUG
12-10-12, 12:13
Pics? WTF?

1. I didn't go out to take pics.

2. That wouldn't be neighborly.

3. They'd probably be good with it and I'd end up in deep doo doo with my wife.

:D

Magic_Salad0892
12-10-12, 15:46
1. I didn't go out to take pics.

2. That wouldn't be neighborly.

3. They'd probably be good with it and I'd end up in deep doo doo with my wife.

:D

Convince her to join. Problem solved.

tuck
12-10-12, 20:44
I clicked on this thread expecting an action-packed tale about fighting off toothless rednecks with poor pet parenting skills, or a group of common hood rats and was delighted to read about well endowed Brazillians.

Bravo sir, bravo.

HES
12-12-12, 13:37
Convince her to join. Problem solved.
I like the way you think and want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sam
12-12-12, 14:18
The Brazillian churrascaria is the tastiest form of barbecued or grilled meat around. You can get them at various restaurants like Fogo de Chao and Fire of Brazil.