PDA

View Full Version : AK mags?

kymudder08
12-09-12, 03:36
im fixing to trade a bud an AR for his polytech and was wondering what mags are good to go in the AK world. im pretty new to them, but the only thing i know for sure is that the circle ten mags are the pmags of the AK world from what im told. only problem is i cant find circle tens for sale anywhere. do they go under a different name or something? and what are some good steel mags that would work well? thanks

Iraqgunz
12-09-12, 04:03
Any good European magazines are fine. The exception being the Yugo mags with the raised follower. Aimsurplus have Egyptian Maadi mags and some others and I believe that Apexgunparts does as well. I replace any magazines that are surplus with new springs from Wolff.

im fixing to trade a bud an AR for his polytech and was wondering what mags are good to go in the AK world. im pretty new to them, but the only thing i know for sure is that the circle ten mags are the pmags of the AK world from what im told. only problem is i cant find circle tens for sale anywhere. do they go under a different name or something? and what are some good steel mags that would work well? thanks

filthy phil
12-09-12, 06:13
i'm stocking up on romanian 40's
$20 each shipped if you spend $50 (free shipping about to end)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/surplus/soviet-bloc-40rd-ak-mag.html

you might avoid korean mags

halmbarte
12-09-12, 08:50
Any Euro surplus steel will work.

The only mags I steer clear of is the Romanian ones. They still work but the finish is crap. Oregon + corrosive ammo + crap Rommy finish = rust.

The ((10)) waffles are nice, light, and durable. They are expensive so if weight and corrosion resistance aren't vital I'd just get steel.

H

AK47guy81
12-11-12, 15:27
+1 on circle 10 mags, best on the market imo.
US Palm makes a good mag but mine can't be disasembled for cleaning or repair.
I scrapped most of my surplus metal mags for polymer, just a personal preference.

Doc. Holiday
12-11-12, 16:18
Yea I've only got a few steel mags, the majority of them are polymers to help with weight.

Averageman
12-11-12, 17:52
Euro Steel Mags have never been an issue, they have all seemed to run great for me.
How can you not love a magazine that is so well built and sturdy you can beat your enemy to death with it?

Smash
12-12-12, 10:55
What are the polymer mags considered worthy of serious use? I'm familiar with US Palm so you can speak on other makes.

Zhurdan
12-12-12, 11:16
Not a bad price and they work great. I have a whole box full.

http://whatacountry.com/ak-4730-roundmagazinenew.aspx

Matt C.
12-12-12, 19:23
What are the polymer mags considered worthy of serious use? I'm familiar with US Palm so you can speak on other makes.

Circle 10.
Midway's got em.

Moose-Knuckle
12-12-12, 20:39

The Kalashnikov Magazine Primer (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40068)