PDA

View Full Version : Paragon6 2 day basic carbine 12/1-2 Naples Fl

cmendello
12-09-12, 19:35
Paragon 6 Basic Carbine 2 day was kick ASS!!!.
14 guys, Stony taking front ALL weekend. Basics drilled in, Everyone left knowing and being able to manipulate weapon 200% better. 1st day thorough explanation of AR platform, shooting positions (most to least stable), magazine swaps, & firing technique (trigger control topping importance). Made the most of a less than optimal range set-up. Team drlls & competition, focus on smooth transition & safety. 2nd day hammered in 1st days lessons (not overwhelmed w/ too much was key!!!). Stony's insight, vigilance of the class, and technique was DEAD on! Pays attention to EVERYTHING (including "small stuff"). Alot of attention to each individual in course, not just "group instruction". Stony had people who never held AR b4 shooting fast & ACCURATE in 2 days!!! 2nd class w/ Stony (2 day basic pistol 1st). Can't wait for 3rd (making arrangements for March). World class instruction on par w/ "famous" instructors" w/o high $$$ tag those guys charge. Take time to call & get this guy to your town, you'll be pumped you did & a way better weapons manipulator than you were!

FloridaNative
12-18-12, 11:21
I also took part in the 2 day basic carbine course with Stony Smith. What a weekend! I used my M1a Scout for the class while everyone else was shooting an AR platform. I wanted to learn to manipulate the M1a in different positions under stress. The instructor Stony did a great job teaching. We started with several people who have never even held a carbine before and by the end of the second day these same people were shooting respectable groups from different positions and varying ranges. I credit Stony and his meticulous attention to detail, positive reinforcement, and a GREAT sense of humor for this. This is one instructor who truly cares about what his clients pick up from the course. He does not let anything slide, if you are doing something wrong or have picked up a bad habit along the way he will work with you until you are operating your weapon in a safe and efficient manner. His courses are extremely affordable and the benefit far outweighs the cost. If you are thinking of going through any type of firearms course this is the dude to go with. He was an Airborne Ranger and spent 6 years in Iraq doing PSD. If you have any questions about doing a course with him just pm someone who has taken one.

This is from his website
Paragon 6 provides executive protection/personal security detail training and services, combat firearms training and corporate and personal security consulting.

Description
Anthony "Stony" Smith, the owner of Paragon 6, is a Larry Vickers Regional Endorsed Instructor for the Vickers Shooting Method.

Stony's contact info: paragon6.net Email: training@paragon6.net
Facebook: Paragon 6

Steve
12-20-12, 19:37
Stony has been a friend, linemate and student of mine......

and first and foremost a friend....

he is a great guy to learn from....and a good person period

mathematician
12-20-12, 19:58
Ditto to what has been said above. You won't go wrong taking some trainning from Stony. A terrific guy with an eye for detail and a great teaching method. I have taken some trainning from Stony and will be taking more (hopefully in the near future).